Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland's Windfall

So how much will Starprix pick up over the next couple of years from QPRs parachute payment redistribution?

One of you clever chaps must know.

Comments

• Options

So how much will Starprix pick up over the next couple of years from QPRs parachute payment redistribution?

My assessment is €0.00. I believe that the Premier League have blocked a redistribution of the funds to football league clubs and in fact it will be given to charities. In the event that the fine is levied and withstands any legal fights the Premier League will not help to collect the fine, so it could be a long drawn out affair in the courts.
  • Options
    I don't think he means the FFP fine, QPR's parachute payments will get redistributed to the FL clubs.
  • Options

The solidarity payment of £2M is all that Charlton (and other clubs not in receipt of parachute monies) will receive next season. This doesn't vary.
    If you are referring to FFP penalties for promoted clubs who overspend (like Leicester and QPR) then, as Kap10 states, the rule was changed last September so that penalties went to charity to avoid a conflict of interest! Someone actually thought we might give the likes of QPR 3 points to land a share of the penalties!

Let's see how it pans out but as for clubs who stay down, break the budgets and then challenge the rules through the courts? As far as I'm concerned they can sit out next season if they won't sign up to the rules.

• Options
    It's about £600k this year and next - unless they come down again.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I don't think he means the FFP fine, QPR's parachute payments will get redistributed to the FL clubs.

Only seen one set of accounts for CAFC back in championship and there are set numbers that tie up with deals and the work of "Swiss Ramble" who reports on the whole division. I don't think these payments vary if clubs come down and then up again.
    £2.1m TV and £2m solidarity is the deal. So the premier league give out c.£28m for being a feeder league even though the clubs lose in excess of £200m between them.

Note that this is set to five by £700k in 2015-16 season - another small step towards breakeven for some clubs?