Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ali Carter

I know I already have a snooker thread but feel this requires a thread on its own

in 2003 he was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, whch he has been fighting so well
1st July last year he was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer, he was given the all clear on 19th July after a operation
it has been confirmed today he now has Lung Cancer.

Things just keep going wrong for him.

My thoughts are with him and his family

Comments

• That is terrible news.
    Terrific player and a great competitor. Wish him well.
  • That's awful.

All the best Ali.
  • Oh ffs! Feel for the guy. Hope he beats it (again).
  • Unbelievably bad luck. Really wish him well.
  • Poor fella, good luck Ali.
  • Terrible luck, best wishes to him, seems a nice fella from interviews I've seen
  • Poor bloke seems to be cursed. Hope he gets through it and makes a full recovery.
  • Such sad news. Already shown you are a battler Ali. Good luck with this one.
  • Stay strong, Ali.

The thoughts of many sports fans are with you & your family.
  • Poor bloke. Get well soon, Ali.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeez.... Best wishes to him and his family. Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • Heard him on Talksport a while back with Colin Murray talking about his previous bout of cancer. Came across as a really nice bloke. Stay strong Ali. You will beat this.
  • Keep battling man. Many people are with you.
  • Poor chap. Hope he pulls through.
  • Great to see his ranking position will not be affected

WPBSA / World Snooker Statement
    09th June 2014
    Ali Carter

Following the recent announcement regarding Ali Carter's current illness, both the WPBSA and World Snooker would like to make it clear that Ali's current standing as a player will not suffer in relation to an extended period of time away from the tour. Further details will be released once Ali has completed his course of chemotherapy and wants to return to competition. We all look forward to welcoming Ali back to the World Snooker Tour in the not too distant future.
  • On the mend apparently, was interviewed on the radio the other day. Good news, hopefully see him back on the baize soon.
  • On the mend apparently, was interviewed on the radio the other day. Good news, hopefully see him back on the baize soon.

Saturday 4th October 2014 9:30AM Bulgarian Open v Rod Lawler

Saturday 4th October 2014 9:30AM Bulgarian Open v Rod Lawler
    The guy from Call My Bluff?
  • So unfair very sad good luck ali
  • I saw this thread had come back up and feared the worst.
    Glad it's good news. The guy's had more than his fair share of crap luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfortunately Ali has had to withdrawn from the Bulgarian Open

"It is with great regret that I have had to withdraw from the upcoming European Tour event in Bulgaria. I have been suffering with some complications following my last procedure and my consultant, Professor Neville Davidson, has advised me against playing right now, and to rest.

"I am so disappointed to have to withdraw, but remain full of excitement about competing again. I remain positive and hopeful that I will be well enough to return to competition soon."

WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson said: "We all miss Ali enormously and his fans wait eagerly for his return, whilst we will all wait a little longer we look forward to welcoming a fit and well Ali back to competition in due course."
  • Wow. So much bad luck with illnesses. Puts things in perspective.
  • Lung cancer: one of the worst as it's a 'small cell cancer' and is VERY hard to cure, though it can be controlled in many cases .. I wish Ali ALL the very best in dealing with his various illnesses
  • bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/29659790

Good for him - small steps but, after all he's been through, I would imagine beating John Virgo would be considered by him a mammoth win.