Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hasselbaink hired as manager

I thought this article was interesting from when Hasselbaink was hired by Royal Antwerp back in 2013.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-gets-managerial-hot-seat

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    He's just refused a new contract at Royal Antwerp and wants a job in the UK closer to his home in Surrey.

Edit: have just seent the endless JFH posts on the other thread!
  • Options
    That fat lump can do one.
  • Options
    Don't want that fat Eddie Murphy anywhere near us
  • Options
    Please my heart cant take this anymore no more misleading thread titles PLEASE
  • Options
    If he was appointed coach then he would get my full support.
  • Options

Please my heart cant take this anymore no more misleading thread titles PLEASE

That's the fumes from the vidal sasoon mate!

• Options
    bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    i live in antwerp and have many friends who are RAFC fans. Most of them are happy Jimmy Floyd is gone. JFH used to be a great a player in his prime. As a manager /head coach apparantly he is "not that great" so far.

Just to clear out - in belgium there is no thing like a football manager as there is in england. The management is done by the club, usually a managemant staff with employees who stay a really long time at the same club.. They decide on in- and outgoing transfers, of course mostly after they confer with the head coach & training staff about that. But it is the management that has the final say about transfers / long term club strategy. The head coach is just responsible to get the players fit, to prepare and select the team, to decide on the tactical stuff, etcetera, basicly evertything that happens on the pitch, but he doesn't negotiate contracts with players, nor does he do transfers.

With Riga and probably the next coach as well, RD will have a "head coach" as used in belgium, not "a manager" as almost every professional english club has.

• Options
    dizzee said:

I thought this article was interesting from when Hasselbaink was hired by Royal Antwerp back in 2013.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/jimmy-floyd-hasselbaink-gets-managerial-hot-seat

That fat lump can do one.

Who bob peeters?
  • Options
    byl said:

i live in antwerp and have many friends who are RAFC fans. Most of them are happy Jimmy Floyd is gone. JFH used to be a great a player in his prime. As a manager /head coach apparantly he is "not that great" so far.

Just to clear out - in belgium there is no thing like a football manager as there is in england. The management is done by the club, usually a managemant staff with employees who stay a really long time at the same club.. They decide on in- and outgoing transfers, of course mostly after they confer with the head coach & training staff about that. But it is the management that has the final say about transfers / long term club strategy. The head coach is just responsible to get the players fit, to prepare and select the team, to decide on the tactical stuff, etcetera, basicly evertything that happens on the pitch, but he doesn't negotiate contracts with players, nor does he do transfers.

With Riga and probably the next coach as well, RD will have a "head coach" as used in belgium, not "a manager" as almost every professional english club has.

That could well be the part of the future plans that SCP couldn't agree with.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30003191

About to become Burton Albion manager it seems, replacing another player who had an unsuccessful Charlton career (albeit for different reasons)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's Burton's promotion hopes gone for ... errrr.. a Burton
  • Options
    So Burton draw Chelsea in the cup and score against them. Does Fat Jim celebrate?