Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Hamer - Thanks !

Thanks for 3 great years wish you all the best in your career !

Comments

• Really taken to Ben over the last few years. He seemed to generally love being here and think he would of stayed if the offer was there 6 months or so ago.
  • Thanks Ben, for all the memories. You had a big role in our survival this season, as well as in the cup run. The Leeds penalty save and the amazing reflex save from the redirected shot in the FA Cup fixture against Shef Wed stands out for me this season.

PS. I personally liked your beard!
  • edited May 2014
    I spoke to him briefly at the sponsors dinner and never got the feeling he would be here next season. He was very diplomatic but it was pretty clear he wasn't going to be here.

Shame - genuinely a good keeper but if I am honest, I don't know if he has the mental fortitude for the Premiership. He has a cocky persona online but in reality I think he is quite a shy person. Under the spotlight if he made a mistake he might get crucified
  • Swisdom said:

I spoke to him briefly at the sponsors dinner and never got the feeling he would be here next season. He was very diplomatic but it was pretty clear he wasn't going to be here.

Shame - genuinely a good keeper but if I am honest, I don't know if he has the mental fortitude for the Premiership. He has a cocky persona online but in reality I think he is quite a shy person. Under the spotlight if he made a mistake he might get crucified

Same. A bit later in the night over heard him and Riga talking and was quite clear Ben was already off but also sounded like Riga was staying.
  • Good luck to him and thanks for everything
  • Best of luck, Ben.

Shame - another couple of seasons and he had the potential to become a Charlton legend.
  • Good luck benny boy. Thanks for the memories and the good times. Enjoy your new club. I'd have done exactly the same and im sure many more would. Decent move.
  • All the best Ben , good luck in the Premiership.
  • Thanks for everything Ben best of luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Ben! My favourite Charlton goalkeeper since Deano.
  • Good keeper and good character. Some performances, like Brighton away last season and Leeds this season were phenomenal. Capable of a brilliant save and some unbelievable passes out to attacking players. He will be missed
  • Good luck Ben

Good servant to the club, wish him well in his future career
  • I never did find out his favourite colour ;0(
  • edited May 2014

What are the point in these threads? Is Ben going to read this?

If you're reading this Ben, have a shave!!

• Thanks Ben u made my boys day when he was mascot against Barnsley season b4 last, u looked after him and i will never forget that, all the best for the future.
  • Good keeper, decent lad just a shame he won't be playing much next year. Suppose the extra dough might make up or that though...
  • Cheers Ben, all the best.
  • Shame as clearly a popular chap. Part of our recovery so I will always be thankful for that and wish him good luck at Leicester.

Fabulous distribution for a keeper, best I have seen but blew hot and cold sometimes and I don't see him being a regular PL keeper. I suspect he will pick up a good salary for warming the bench and end up back in the Champ.

If the Leicester chairman thinks Hamer will help them get to Europe he is wrong.

Out of all the out of contract players we asked to stay he is the one I am least disappointed about leaving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad to see him go, one of my fave players.
  • What are the point in these threads? Is Ben going to read this?

Nigel?!
  • edited May 2014
    good luck ben..you bearded git..
  • edited May 2014

What are the point in these threads? Is Ben going to read this?

Nigel?!
    His new 'Gaffer' Pearson?
  • Great keeper and a great personality to have around the club in my opinion. Sad to see him go but can see why. Wish him all the best!
  • All personalities have been removed bar Jacko and Wilson.
  • Thanks and good luck to him going forward. I fancy he will spend a lot of time most of his time on the bench at Leicester but presumably will be earning a lot more for doing so.
  • dizzee said:

All personalities have been removed bar Jacko and Wilson.

'Removed' as in 'offered a new contract he turned down'?

Good luck Ben - always gave 100% and seemed genuinely pleased to be at Charlton, don't begrudge him moving on for more money and a shot at the Premier League (only takes one injury).
  • Sad more than gutted Ben is moving on. He's one of my favorite players so a shame to lose him, but at least it's a good move for him in his career, which makes it feel alright. He's made the Charlton number 1 shirt his own, which was enough to earn the respect of many fans. His distribution is awesome at this level, who knows at Prem level whether he will get a game, but the money will soften the blow.

Good luck Ben and thanks for some great memories.