Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drummer Lee Rigby - Lest We Forget

Comments

• Options
    RIP

can't believe it was a year ago
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I tried to find the original thread from here which started as the first reports were coming out of an incident in Woolwich but cant find it. I have read it back since. It will take you right back to that day last year, if anyone finds it.

And if you have time to read it of course.

It was sunk
  • Options
    Can't believe it was a year ago, thank God that the family have had some kind of justice.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Poor lad.
  • Options
    RIP Lee, your future taken away by spineless gutless terrorists. My thoughts with the family and yes I remember every horrible moment.
  • Options
    I can't drive past that bit of road anymore without bowing my head and thinking about lee

it's a stain on woolwich and a stain on our Country that such a horrific crime took place in our midst

Shocking day
  • Options
    the organisers have just informed people that CAFC are opening the car park for all the bikers etc that are attending the walk on Saturday----well done our club.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

Don't think I've been angrier in the past 12 months than I was that evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A truly shocking event in so many ways, RIP
  • Options
    great turn out for the memorial walk---his family and veterans at the front.

rain,hail etc at the end but so what--------great to see a vet who must have been 80years old walkiing---hope the old boy is ok.

Family laid flowers at the plaque at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    A promised memorial for murdered soldier Lee Rigby at an historic chapel opposite his Woolwich Barracks will not actually include the soldier's name, Greenwich Council have announced.

The council says the plan, which has the approval of Drummer Rigby's family, will see a memorial at St George's Chapel to all fallen Woolwich servicemen and women.

A stone at the spot will read: "To mark Woolwich’s history as a Barracks Town and to commemorate all those service men and women who have served or lived in Woolwich and who have given their lives in the service of their country."

In addition, a scroll kept at the town hall will list the names, including that of the fusilier, who was murdered by Islamic fanatics last May.

Greenwich Council and army chiefs had agreed to honour the soldier near where he died after a petition signed by 80,000 people called for a tribute.

A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: "We have now agreed with Lee’s family that a memorial will be located in St George’s Chapel which is opposite Woolwich Barracks.

"The chapel, run by Heritage of London Trust, was historically the garrison church for the Royal Artillery and in recent years has been used for Remembrance Day services. The memorial would be sited in the garden area and is a very fitting and peaceful location.

He added: "In addition a scroll will be held in Woolwich Town Hall listing the names of those commemorated to the present day and on-going. Fusilier Lee Rigby will always be remembered by us all, and particularly by the people of this borough."

Rebecca Rigby, Mr Rigby's wife, said: "I know St George’s Chapel and it is a peaceful place and I think the memorial proposals will be fitting."

His mum Lyn Rigby said: "I support the council’s plans and will feel able to visit the memorial in the chapel."
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30306145

Two men convicted of killing Fusilier Lee Rigby have lost legal challenges against their sentences.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30306145

Two men convicted of killing Fusilier Lee Rigby have lost legal challenges against their sentences.

I hope they stay in jail forever.
  • Options
    I hope they die.
  • Options
    I hope they live for every one of those 45 years and spend the entire time miserable beyond all comprehension. So much so that they would want to die, but will have to keep living a tortuous psychological nightmare.

Even after a year and a half I still can't see their pictures of read articles without getting angry about what happened.
  • Options

I hope they die.

Sort of inevitable really.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I hope they live for every one of those 45 years and spend the entire time miserable beyond all comprehension. So much so that they would want to die, but will have to keep living a tortuous psychological nightmare.

Unfortunately, we all know that's not how the UK prison system works. They'll have rights and a nice cosy cell and kept well away from the regular prisoners.

It's times like this I'm really pissed off with our legal system and all the left wing do-gooders bleating on about their human rights...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Unfortunately, we all know that's not how the UK prison system works. They'll have rights and a nice cosy cell and kept well away from the regular prisoners.

It's times like this I'm really pissed off with our legal system and all the left wing do-gooders bleating on about their human rights...............
    Hi there Tango - I'm a lefty do gooder who believes in human rights. I hope the pair of them get seven bells kicked out of them every day for the rest of their existence. I know others who feel the same

Kindly rephrase your statement accordingly.

Thanks in anticipation.

:-D
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I hope they die.

Sort of inevitable really.
    Fair point!
  • Options

cafctom said:

Hi there Tango - I'm a lefty do gooder who believes in human rights. I hope the pair of them get seven bells kicked out of them every day for the rest of their existence. I know others who feel the same

Thanks in anticipation.

Okay, most criminals should be entitled to "Basic" human rights, which doesn't include swanning around the prison playing pool or watching TV. As for the 2 scumbags in question? Fuck em............
  • Options

cafctom said:

Thanks in anticipation.

Okay, most criminals should be entitled to "Basic" human rights, which doesn't include swanning around the prison playing pool or watching TV. As for the 2 scumbags in question? Fuck em............
    That's kind of what I was saying. But to spell it out, I meant the word "all".

Not chuffed with the £200k + in legal aid we all paid out to their solicitors for the appeal either.
  • Options
    Evil mutants, just appealing to take the piss.

Like Tom said above, I can't help but feel angry, sad and deflated, that they won't get an equal justice, when I see anything to do with the events of that day
  • Options
    Heard from LBC it took the appeal court minutes to decide this..... or as the commentary said 'barely time to arrange there robes'.
    Apparently based on the legal challenge that they were 'soldiers' and therefore it was war?
    One of the defendants did not even accept watching by video.
    Hard to think of a more vexatious and trivial basis to appeal surely!
  • Options
    45 seconds, supposedly.
  • Options
    Did I here somewhere that one of these animals has turned his back on Islam now?
  • Options
    Just a question - this "we are soldiers" stuff; if we were at war with say Iraq, in Iraq, does that make a barracks in the UK a legimate target for Iraqi "soldiers" in the UK?
  • Options

cafctom said:

one of them (the one who was not on camera giving it large) has already worked his way into Broadmoor, he's all depressed and stressed over the whole thing .. if it transpires that he spends the next few years in there being analysed and fussed over by a bunch of trick cyclists that would be an insult to the memory of Lee Rigby and any troops who have been jailed for 'murders' committed against terrorists while on active duty .. the prisoner should be released into the Brecon beacons and hunted down by the SAS ..now that would be really stressful