Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Riga- good bye thanks and good luck

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018

The love Jose has for our club and fans just flows out of him ,he has not a bad word to say about the fans.
    I feel for Jose and i know how he feels for our club . I would welcome him back anytime .
    Just to say i have spoken with him last summer but everything he told me i will keep to myself other than the above.

Why even mention it on here if you're not going to say it?

Pathetic.

I would also welcome him back. He didnt told me that he hates Roland for ruining the club Riga loves.
  • Options
    Nice bloke.

Not good enough though, assuming we have ambitions of being a proper football club again rather than a misfiring shitshow
  • Options
    Wonder if he wants a job for a few months
  • Options
    Hi Jose
  • Options
    If Peterborough can get Steve Evans in, I think we do a bit better than Jose Riga ffs
  • Options
    I'd take Riga back... At least he's passionate and knows how to get players playing.
  • Options

The love Jose has for our club and fans just flows out of him ,he has not a bad word to say about the fans.
    I feel for Jose and i know how he feels for our club . I would welcome him back anytime .
    Just to say i have spoken with him last summer but everything he told me i will keep to myself other than the above.

That's been echoed by pretty much everyone who has spent time with him it seems.

I'll always remember Louis telling the story of how Riga apologized to him and Terry after we were relegated at Bolton. Whether or not he's a good enough manager, it showed a real humility and decency.
  • Options

It certainly looks that way: “I’m available and I’m still in love with football. I watch a lot of games and I do a lot of TV work, but I’m always looking for the next opportunity.”. It's been six months since his last managerial appointment with Brugge and perhaps he senses that the scouser won't be here forever.

José's available!
  • Options
    I’d have him back in the interim.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Peterborough can get Steve Evans in, I think we do a bit better than Jose Riga ffs

May as well keep Robbo though, eh? Why change a failing manager
  • Options
    Comes across as a real gent, but he never set the world alight with us to ever justify a third spell as manager.

Infact, I do actually think Karl Robinson is better for all his flaws.
  • Options
    A big NO from me - I would say it was Powell's back room staff that kept us afloat when he was sacked - Dyer, Matthew & Roberts.

Riga flopped second time round with a poor record.

Can we not just have a break from this whole network stuff - what next Luzon, because he was even more passionate than the Scouser.
  • Options
    He seemed to have a knack of getting the best out of his players. Harriott and Poyet in particular, both of whom have done little since.
  • Options
    Stig said:

It certainly looks that way: “I’m available and I’m still in love with football. I watch a lot of games and I do a lot of TV work, but I’m always looking for the next opportunity.”. It's been six months since his last managerial appointment with Brugge and perhaps he senses that the scouser won't be here forever.

José's available!
    Curbishley 16-1
    Riga 16-1
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

That's been echoed by pretty much everyone who has spent time with him it seems.

I'll always remember Louis telling the story of how Riga apologized to him and Terry after we were relegated at Bolton. Whether or not he's a good enough manager, it showed a real humility and decency.
    Yes, he's a great bloke, have lots of time for him. At least he bothered to thanks all kit sponsors for doing so just after relegation, Robinson never came near any of us that I know of, certainly didn't speak to our group. Have met him a few times, and always found him, honest and sincere in his love for our club. It was clear he was not happy with the restrictions RD wanted to impose on him, which probably led to the second departure. He deserves better than us.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Yes, he's a great bloke, have lots of time for him. At least he bothered to thanks all kit sponsors for doing so just after relegation, Robinson never came near any of us that I know of, certainly didn't speak to our group. Have met him a few times, and always found him, honest and sincere in his love for our club. It was clear he was not happy with the restrictions RD wanted to impose on him, which probably led to the second departure. He deserves better than us.
    At the same time, he did alright to get a gig in the division below the Premiership with virtually no appropriate experience.

Charlton in 2014 still looked alright on a CV
  • Options

SDAddick said:

At the same time, he did alright to get a gig in the division below the Premiership with virtually no appropriate experience.

I'm talking about us now rather than then.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

A big NO from me - I would say it was Powell's back room staff that kept us afloat when he was sacked - Dyer, Matthew & Roberts.

Riga flopped second time round with a poor record.

Can we not just have a break from this whole network stuff - what next Luzon, because he was even more passionate than the Scouser.

A bit harsh.

Not sure you can claim that Powell's backroom staff that kept us up that season when it was that same backroom staff that had us destined for relegation under Powell, the only thing that really changed was Riga coming in.

Wasn't great the second time round, although he had me believing we might stay up at that Rotherham away game. The run in was brutal if I recall and the damage had probably already been done by the time he came in.

I would say all in all Riga is one of the few managers from the last few years that is still in credit.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I'm talking about us now rather than then.
    Any half decent manager deserves better than working for Roland.

Having said that, Jose did OK out of the arrangement in that he’d never have got a management job in the 2nd tier of English football otherwise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good manager and well respected by the players.

Part of being a good manager is knowing who to listen to and if Jose listened to Dyer and Matthew etc, then it shows he's good at his job.

The team I saw come back from 0-2 at Hillsborough was a credit to everyone and I know we took some beatings in our last Championship season but some of the performances were good.

I like him and I'd welcome him back if that's what transpired.