Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work Pranks

Anyone got funny stories of things they have done or had done to them
Had a good one today:

Started my new job 2 weeks ago then last week 3 guys who i work with including my Line manager kept talking about "Report Week" being this week meaning we would be staying till around 22:00 instead of 17:30, they was talking about different things about it, then today I received a reminder email from the Receptionist also in on the prank about "Report Week", Hung around when I was meant to finish until the other 3 had finished so we could go to the room where we was doing, they went ahead of me whilst I picked something up I got in the room and that's when they told me it was a joke and "Report Week" does not exist.

All week i was dreading finishing so late and I cant believe I feel for it

But revenge shall be mine

Comments

• Options
    I have been known to take the bog rolls out the bogs on occasions. Leaving some poor sod who has just had a right out ding dong with the diarrhea not very happy... I am a sick boy lol
  • Options
    At Wimpy in Dartford, we used to get newbies to take a fire extinguisher to B&Q to get the water replaced as it had gone out of date.

At Natwest used to send them to various offices in the city to get the Long Wait printouts whereby they would find the person you told them to collect it from and they would then stand by their desk for an hour or more before finally being given some random sheets of paper to take back.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

At Wimpy in Dartford, we used to get newbies to take a fire extinguisher to B&Q to get the water replaced as it had gone out of date.

At Natwest used to send them to various offices in the city to get the Long Wait printouts whereby they would find the person you told them to collect it from and they would then stand by their desk for an hour or more before finally being given some random sheets of paper to take back.

Ah, the classic "Long Wait" joke, I can't believe people still fall for it after all these years!

Billy Connolly tells a great one about going down to the stores at the shipyard at the request of the senior welders and being told to ask for some "elbow grease" and "spotted paint" - he was still there at closing up time!
  • Options
    When I was a milkman, new people would be taken out with an experienced guy to learn the ropes. It was not uncommon for the old hand to pull in to a petrol station and ask the newbie to fill up the float.

It would be stretching things to say hilarity ensued.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

And people wonder why our banks needing rescuing.
  • Options
    The old classic - telling a colleague to call back Mr C Lyon and giving the number of London Zoo.

And, of course, other silly names like Ima Pratt....
  • Options
    We sent one apprentice over the edge when I was in The garage
    A young italian tough nut straight from school obviously thought Rocky was real was broken by being sent to the stores for a box of sparks for the grinding machine or some steam to clean the parts or even the chequered paint for the walls but the final straw was the broom through the sleeves of his overalls and then sent 6 ft in the air on the ramp in a crucifix position and spraying the overalls with spray glue which was set on fire! Oh the good old days before H&S!
    He turned jehobah after 6 months and sung hymns all day to get back at us
  • Options
    Can't beat the long weight wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fish finger sandwich in the gym bag/over night bag
  • Options

The old classic - telling a colleague to call back Mr C Lyon and giving the number of London Zoo.

And, of course, other silly names like Ima Pratt....

We got a girl on the desk good and proper with the Mr C Lyon one, and then a week later got her again with Mike Oxlong

• Options
    Not a work one, but this is eerie, particularly if you've recently watched the Ring
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnyJxaxTp8
  • Options
    Was speaking to a money broker on Sunday who said that if the person on the desk wrote out a ticket wrong, they used to make them sit on the window ledge of the offices which were 4 floors up.

You'd never get away with that these days. I bet they never made a mistake after that though.
  • Options
    Two brothers were parking their car in the firms car park. The first brother got out of the car sharpish and hid behind a pillar.
    As his sibling approached he leapt out and grabbed him by the sphericals with the cry " gotcha ! "
    A very startled and frightened managing director was less pleased!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where is @MCS‌ when you need him, this thread was made for him and @Carter‌
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @MCS had a good video the other day. They'd superglued a £2 coin to the pavement and people were going past trying to get it off till someone came back with a fork!
  • Options
    My mate was re pointing a house which entails sitting on the scaffolding with your mortar and trowel for long periods. His colleague had a shat in a bucket and hung the said bucket below my mate and moved the bucket wherever he moved so as the smell followed him around. Charming.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MrOneLung said:

I once told Fred Goodwin that a mainly cash bid for ABN Amro and going large into sub prime mortgages in the US would be quite a winner for RBS.

I did have a chuckle when he actually believed me.

It was you was it? Got flushed out 12 months after that in the green purge... Blue bastards
  • Options
    Did some work as a labourer for my Dads firm just out of school. Paddy was the drains man, he loved them and lived them, always came to work with a thin film of grime over him, always had his head down a manhole or an arm up a drain run. Us youngsters used to think it quite a jape on hearing him shout up for "no one to flush the bloidy bogs" to rush to be the first person to have a crap and send it on its way. "yoo fookin little wankers!!!"
  • Options
    When I was an apprentice in the Merchant Navy we pulled a very cruel trick on a first trip apprentice. We had all gone ashore in Singapore and ended up in Boogie Street that was famous for its "kiy-ties" or transvestites. We were all a little drunk and the first tripper, who didn't know the situation, spied one of these "girls" and kept saying how much he fancied her. So we emptied our pockets of our remaining dollars and sent him on his way.

He wasn't too pleased when we saw him the next morning!
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

I once told Fred Goodwin that a mainly cash bid for ABN Amro and going large into sub prime mortgages in the US would be quite a winner for RBS.

I did have a chuckle when he actually believed me.

It was you was it? Got flushed out 12 months after that in the green purge... Blue bastards
    I took redundancy in Jan 07 when my job went out to Singapore, so before the shit hit the fan.
    Luckily didnt investthe money in RBS shares other than some left over sharesave schemes.