Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

famous people you have met

Comments

• Options
    lolwray said:

mike gatting

(yes and he did eat a lot )

He went to my school along with his Brother Steve and Ricky Hill. ( A few years before i was there)
  • Options
    Paul Weeler, Bruce Foxton, Rick Buckler

Matt Tees, Eddie Firmani, Sam Bartram

Brendan Behan

Lookout, AFKA, Stig, WSS
  • Options
    The wife is related to the Kennedys.
  • Options

How far removed... and did she ever meet JFK whilst he was president.

As I mean meeting the President of the USA would be pretty cool... wouldn't it everyone?

• Options
    Excluding Charlton players
    Jim Davidson (Hospiltality suite at Arsenal)
    Bradley Walsh (Hopitality at Walthamstow Greyhounds)
    Eddie Jordan (Ryder cup in the urinals!)
    John Major (Lives nearby)
    Phil Tufnell (Awards evening sat next to him)
    Darren Gough (Same evening next table)
    Ronnie Irani (Compare at awards and because of other two spent a bit of time with us)
    Pat Jennings (Hospitality at Spurs)
    Fiona Bruce (Presented me with an award)
    Adam Henson (Done some filming with him for TV)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

As I mean meeting the President of the USA would be pretty cool... wouldn't it everyone?

Is this a joke?

• Options
    Yes I probably got it wrong, I don't think Welsh Addick (or his wife) is that old.

• Options

Curb_It said:

Is this a joke?

Nigel Kennedy the famous Aston Villa supporting fiddle player.
  • Options
    The woman half of Peters & Lee in departure lounge at Gatwick, was very nice.
    Clive James in Cheapside, was very nice too but dressed like a tramp.
    The Man Utd squad in a Southampton hotel. They had just won the title and were playing QPR on the Monday night so staying down south. Thanked Sieve Bruce for the pen a few weeks earlier at Selhurst, he wasn't amused.

Pretty boring lot really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Susan and Karl?
    Nice one Largo that proper made me laugh.
  • Options
    Once had an office on top floor of LWT building. Had use of their catering and bar. Apart from standing in the queue for the buffet with Cannon and Ball cracking jokes and a few brief exchanges in the lift with a number of celebs, only recall interesting exchanges with Michael Parkinson and Julie Walters who I helped get into the underground car park when she didn't have a pass.

Helping at charity events met a few movers and shakers and minor royals, Lord Ashcroft took me as his guest to watch Watford play Arsenal when he owned Watford FC.

Picked up Stuart Pierce from his house to take to Maine Road on match day when my nephew was playing for Man City.

Keith Peacock and Theo Foley are friends of my uncle and have met them a few times.

Plus some unfortunate politicians landed with the job of being Pension Ministers.

Bump into Mark Owen of Take That frequently as his wife and my daughter are friends.
  • Options
    Chris Evans bought me a Rum and coke in Up The Creek once and when I use to drink up The Oak at Widmore Green with a couple of expro footballers from the dark side, I met a geezer who I didn't even know was famous till someone pointed him out a few months later; Graham Lyle from the famous music combo Gallagher and Lyle.

On top of them;

Roger Moore
    Noel Gallagher
    Jeffwey Archer
    Callum Best

And finally, I've worked behind the famous door from the film Notting Hill, coz they had a rat problem..
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Michelle Keegan. I got pissed off l waiting for smiffyboy to post a picture so went to Dubai to take a photo of her myself.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

Is this a joke?

Nigel Kennedy the famous Aston Villa supporting fiddle player.
    He was in The Oak some years ago. Is that what you're counting ? :smile:
  • Options

Brendan Behan

Lookout, AFKA, Stig, WSS

So you've seen The Jam play & Charlton play and met Brendan Behan, when still in your pram ? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ...Oh yeah I forgot, when I worked at The Barbican, we'd have our breaks in the Green Room of the theartre bit and there was always thespien types in there, Del Jacoby and Pete Postlethwate, but I never actually met any of em
  • Options

Brendan Behan

Lookout, AFKA, Stig, WSS

So you've seen The Jam play & Charlton play and met Brendan Behan, when still in your pram ? :smiley:
    No.

I interviewed the Jam

Had an Indian with Eddie in Downham, went to Mate's house and got Sam's autograph as a kid.

Brendan was a friend of my parents.
  • Options
    Was Paul Weller not well when you interviewed them H? and their roadie Paul Weeler stepped in..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Brendan Behan

Lookout, AFKA, Stig, WSS

No.

I interviewed the Jam

Tell me more, tell me more, was it a student uni mag ?
  • Options
    Would love to meet Paul Weller.
  • Options

Brendan Behan

Lookout, AFKA, Stig, WSS

No.

I interviewed the Jam

Tell me more, tell me more, was it a student uni mag ?
    No, I was 17 and writing for South London's no.1 fanzine "Safe as Milk"

They were in the studio recording "when you're young"
  • Options
    I've also met

Bedsaddick
    Covered End
    Addickted
    Sounds
    SG3toSE7
  • Options
    The Queen Mother. Shook hands at an opening ceremony. Smelled very strongly of talcum powder (her, not me).

Jack Nicklaus. Had to move out of his way when I was a kid at the open. He smiled at me. Didn't smell of talcum powder.

Edward Shevardnadze. Went to a meeting with him when he was President of Georgia. Had just survived an assassination attempt. Smelled of something but it sure wasn't talcum powder!

All true stories btw.
  • Options
    And Paulie
    NLA
  • Options
    Henry Irving
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

My father in law's grandad and jfk's dad were cousins. There is old family pics of jfk's dad in Cardiff on family business funerals etc.
  • Options
    Harry Enfield.
    We went to the same school.