Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa League 2014-15

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I only heard this yesterday; the winners of next seasons Europa League will qualify for the UEFA Champions League. They will enter at the final stage of qualifying.
I think this is great and will give the EL a much needed boost. Makes that awful day at Bramall Lane feel even worse!

Comments

• Options
    Good move by EUFA to legitimise Europa League.

I would like to see a play off between 4th and FA Cup winners to qualify for the final Champions League place.
  • Options

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I only heard this yesterday; the winners of next seasons Europa League will qualify for the UEFA Champions League. They will enter at the final stage of qualifying.
    I think this is great and will give the EL a much needed boost. Makes that awful day at Bramall Lane feel even worse!

Exactly. If we had managed to beat Sheff Utd the momentum would have surely propelled us to the FA Cup Final, then onto the Europa League, which of course we would have won and therefore qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

Then Dervite would have stayed. Gutted.

:-)
    Spot on
  • Options
    How will it work if both finalists qualify for the Champion's League via league position? What if they're only in the Europa League because they finished third in their Champion's League group?
  • Options

How will it work if both finalists qualify for the Champion's League via league position? What if they're only in the Europa League because they finished third in their Champion's League group?

Thank god we don't have to worry about it!
  • Options

Exactly. If we had managed to beat Sheff Utd the momentum would have surely propelled us to the FA Cup Final, then onto the Europa League, which of course we would have won and therefore qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

Then Dervite would have stayed. Gutted.

:-)
    To think next season we could have combined the Europa League with League 1 :-)
  • Options
    Could be embarrassing for Igor's old club was 1-1 then on 30th minute they got a red card on the 40th minute another red card, just gone 4-1 down with 40 minutes still to play
  • Options
    sorry 5-1 with 35 minutes to play
  • Options
    Inter Milan just cost me a potential £3k from a £2 acca

Chelsea win
    Bayern win
    City win
    Barca PSG BTTS
    Porto Shaktar BTTS
    Bilbao win
    Ajax win
    Shalke win
    Inter win
    Everton win

Gutting
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Inter Milan just cost me a potential £3k from a £2 acca

Chelsea win
    Bayern win
    City win
    Barca PSG BTTS
    Porto Shaktar BTTS
    Bilbao win
    Ajax win
    Shalke win
    Inter win
    Everton win

Gutting

you seen the Everton team, no guarantee they would be Krasnodar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's why I said potential, next time I need to bet online and be able to cash out, and it would have been golden!
  • Options
    So the Europa League is back
    and atm there is no happy ending for Everton as the trail 1-0 to young boys at Wankdorf Stadium
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    1-1 Lukaku
  • Options

young boys at Wankdorf Stadium

This always makes me laugh.

Hope I never grow up.
  • Options

So the Europa League is back
    and atm there is no happy ending for Everton as the trail 1-0 to young boys at Wankdorf Stadium

Wasn't too bad for them in the end, was it?
  • Options
    Everton thrashed the Young Boys in the end...
  • Options
    For once enjoying watching the tv pundits. Interesting debate between Reid, Strachan and Gerrard about Balotelli disobeying the manager's instructions and taking penalty ahead of Henderson. I found myself thinking about what they were talking about, rather than how annoying they were. Pleasant change!
  • Options
    Mario almost had a game of lets fight for the ball with Henderson and Sturridge. LOL
    Bet Sturridge was meant to take it.
    Thank god Mario scored.
  • Options

Mario almost had a game of lets fight for the ball with Henderson and Sturridge. LOL
    Bet Sturridge was meant to take it.
    Thank god Mario scored.

unlike when Mirallas done it
  • Options
    Some very tasty games tonight.

Besiktas 0-0 Liverpool (0-1)

Fiorentina 0-0 Spurs (1-1)

Monchengladbach 0-1 Sevilla (0-2)

SP Lisbon v Wolfsburg (0-2)

Inter v Celtic (3-3)

Hoepfully the English teams put on a better show than they did in the champions league..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red card at the San Siro should hopefully see Celtic out.
  • Options
    liverpool game is pretty tense, atmosphere sounds crazy on the tv. Spurs losing 1-0 nothing changed for them they still need a goal
  • Options
    liverpool 1 down and spurs heading out 2-0 now
  • Options
    Watching Athletic Bilbao v Torino on TV here. Looks like an amazing atmosphere at San Mames tonight and it is pissing it down, just how they like it. Nicely poised at 2-2 from the first leg so a great bit of Thursday night football.
  • Options
    Ah Spurs will be kicking themselves. Soldado would miss, mind you!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ah Spurs will be kicking themselves. Soldado would miss, mind you!

How much did Spurs pay for Soldado.
    If it was more than a nicker you were robbed.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Feyenoord v Roma suspended. Ref taken players off the pitch, inflatable banana thrown in direction of Gervinho. Madness.
  • Options

Red card at the San Siro should hopefully see Celtic out.

Could be eligibility questions surrounding one of the Inter subs... Celtic might be reinstated... again. ;-)
  • Options
    Great goal from Guarin though.
  • Options
    Everton losing 3-1 @ ht, losing 4-3 on aggregate, need another away goal.