Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Yann897 said:

DeeBee said:

Luke shaw was released by arsenal Chelsea and Fulham before being picked up by Southampton

I have no probs signing youngsters and putting them I'm the development squad

As much as that would be a cool story he was with Saints since the age of 8 so unless Chelsea Arsenal and Fulham had a 7 year old on their books it's unlikely
    Na your wrong mate he was at arsenal and Chelsea for a bit and had a 3 week trial at Fulham .
    yeah was constantly turned away for being "too short". Crazy reason to turn down an 8 year old.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Luke shaw was released by arsenal Chelsea and Fulham before being picked up by Southampton

As much as that would be a cool story he was with Saints since the age of 8 so unless Chelsea Arsenal and Fulham had a 7 year old on their books it's unlikely
    the son of a friend of ours was at Arsenal, Chelsea and Charlton untill he opted for Charlton around a year ago (next season he will be under 10's!)
  • Options

Well if he was born in Kingston (as it says on Wiki) then I guess he could have been at one of the London clubs before his family may have moved to Southampton

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10825434/Luke-Shaw-matured-to-prove-Arsenal-and-Chelsea-wrong-and-is-better-than-Bale-at-18.html

Funnily he's never lived around Southampton, he always seems to have lived in Surrey
    Shaw’s life, though, was to change one afternoon in Basingstoke in 2003 when he was taking part in an under-9s tournament that was also attended by the Southampton scout Phil Spreadbury.

“He was small, but strong and he was technically good,” recalls Spreadbury. “There were a lot of scouts at the tournament but, as far as I know, nobody else talked to him. Luke was a Chelsea fan, but I just told him and his father that Southampton was a small family club, where he would get a better chance of breaking through. I told him about lads we had, like Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott.”
  • Options
    With Dorian Smith, I remember him saying he was disappointed not be be offered anything as he was as good as anyone he saw at training!
  • Options

Well if he was born in Kingston (as it says on Wiki) then I guess he could have been at one of the London clubs before his family may have moved to Southampton

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10825434/Luke-Shaw-matured-to-prove-Arsenal-and-Chelsea-wrong-and-is-better-than-Bale-at-18.html

Funnily he's never lived around Southampton, he always seems to have lived in Surrey
    Shaw’s life, though, was to change one afternoon in Basingstoke in 2003 when he was taking part in an under-9s tournament that was also attended by the Southampton scout Phil Spreadbury.

“He was small, but strong and he was technically good,” recalls Spreadbury. “There were a lot of scouts at the tournament but, as far as I know, nobody else talked to him. Luke was a Chelsea fan, but I just told him and his father that Southampton was a small family club, where he would get a better chance of breaking through. I told him about lads we had, like Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott.”

Basingstoke is in Hampshire
  • Options

Yann897 said:

DeeBee said:

Na your wrong mate he was at arsenal and Chelsea for a bit and had a 3 week trial at Fulham .
    yeah was constantly turned away for being "too short". Crazy reason to turn down an 8 year old.
    How tall was he?
  • Options

ummmm.... isn't he the product of one of our old "global partnerships" in ivory coast?

he was supposed to come to us years ago

interesting that Bi once signed for Liege, FROM CHARLTON!

Might be wrong but think that was cyriac gobi bi. Who was meant to be the next big striking sensation to come out of ivory coast, who we got from asec mimosas through the partnership only to be sold immediately to standard liege - very pointless

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/4827314/gohi-bi-set-for-addicks-exit
  • Options
    Up until February this year I was 4 ft 11 and personally I think pace and strength is overrated. What people need is to develop technical skill. Great players all have technical skill. People are shortsighted and look to short term results though
  • Options

Up until February this year I was 4 ft 11 and personally I think pace and strength is overrated. What people need is to develop technical skill. Great players all have technical skill. People are shortsighted and look to short term results though

What happened in February ?
    He started wearing bigger shoes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2014
    '
  • Options

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2014
    or maybe these ...... for all the family.
  • Options

Is that you Munnsy?
  • Options
    Cardiff City have had a bid in excess of £3m accepted for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban.
  • Options

Cardiff City have had a bid in excess of £3m accepted for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban.

How much must Yann be worth then?
  • Options

good god! a rumour!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

£400,000
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

good god! a rumour!
    Pretty much been confirmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Considering I know both the Chelsea and arsenal coaches who released luke shaw I can assure you he played for both

He was also at Fulham and was picked up by sthampton at a tournament in Basingstoke

He was released by arsenal because of his size

They did the exact same to solly and bowyer I believe
  • Options
    And now he's 6 ft 1...
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Not even half that
  • Options
    Yannis Mbombo Lokwa

A 20 year old Belgian striker who is a product of Liege's youth system is being linked on Twitter, by one account supposedly set up by CAFC supporting journos.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/YannisMbombo

No clues on his twitter account.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/YannisMbombo

No clues on his twitter account.

The account tweeting it has supposedly been set up by four journalists that support CAFC, still could be kids or JA or both.

Fits the RD profile though as he is yet to make any first team appearances. :(
  • Options
    Google says that he played, and scored vs Elfsborg in a 3-1 defeat

Youtube has the goal (quite a decent finish)
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Google says that he played, and scored vs Elfsborg in a 3-1 defeat

Youtube has the goal (quite a decent finish)

Blooming wikipedia, always forget it is written and updated by plums like me.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!