Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8,500 Season Tickets Sold

WSSWSS
edited May 2014 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140509-season-tickets-1543615.aspx

"There has also been a large take up of new and returning supporters, as 800 of those who have purchased 2014/15 tickets did not have a season-ticket last season."

Comments

• Options
    That's more than i was expecting to be fair
  • Options
    thats more than millwalls average home gate and its stil early may...
  • Options
    Great news. I'd expect at least another 1500, taking the total to 10000, by the start of the season.
  • Options
    Anyone know how that compares to the last couple of seasons?
  • Options
    Those sound like pretty good numbers at this stage, am I right in thinking the benchmark is around 10,000 ? If so we have a decent chance of making that.
  • Options
    2009/10 we sold a shade over 10,000

2012/13 we sold 11,000 season tickets.

Dont know what those figures were in the May preceding those seasons....
  • Options
    I think we sold 10,000 last season but no idea the number at this time. I hope we can push onto 11,000 or more but that might well depend on Riga staying and player signings.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Anyone know how that compares to the last couple of seasons?

Twitter says more than this time last year

• Options
    On that basis, it seems a very decent current total. Whether it gets up to 11000 or more probably depends on contract and transfer activity over the next 3 months.
  • Options
    Good news that ST numbers are up for the comparable period last year.

Would be interesting to see how the income compares given the large price reductions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More than what I thought to be honest , but happy with it, I know a few people still yet to buy , hopefully a few good signings will get even more people to get season tickets.
  • Options
    Good news that Season ticket sales are up from last Season. I would imagine that income would be down, taking into account the much cheaper tickets. But well done to the Club in offering great value tickets that are affordable to the masses.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will see some interesting transfers in that will boost ST sales, i suspect that there are a fair few who are undecided after most of last season, especially the loss and replacement of Yann and the Poyet and other players contract situation, and not forgetting the ST boycott :-)
  • Options
    Be interested in Airman's thoughts.

Initial reaction is relief that it isn't a disaster. There is a still however a long way to go until the ground is properly half full.

Still suspect revenue wise it will be a comparative fall rather than the big-ticket comparative rise being flagged. Be interested to know exactly how many seats are in East A block, and how that breaks down between new sales and existing moves from a higher price band.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Many fans will be paying the same price in the North, quadrants and the centre of East and West. As above I expect an additional 1,000 to 1,500 sales and this will bring in the same revenue as last season due to the price drops. I believe there are c. 500 seats in A block. I wonder if this is actually sold out yet? As well as resolving the squad and management there is a pitch to be made when the matchday prices are released. Unless these are reduced considerably, especially for "gold" games then there is a case for many fans to buy a Season Ticket. With match tickets at £25 and Season Tickets in East and West at £250 it becomes an attractive prospect if we can start winning more than we lose at home.

So I can see it getting to 11,000 or a little higher but returning to 13,000 will take a lot more work on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    Whats the most season tickets holders weve ever had in a season? Im guessing 17K or something on prem days??
  • Options
    i think 21k
  • Options
    I've bought one for the first time in 6 years ( I usually do about 10 homes and 10 aways a season) but £ 150 was impossible to turn down.

So me and my brother are 'newbies' in block A and joined by a current north stander mate.
  • Options
    Blimey, how large is A block?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    That's reasonable news, but it's the number of people in the ground that matter. If there are 800 new ST holders I wonder how many have chosen not to renew, given that the overall number seems similar to last year. I expect attendance will be very similar to last year unless things really improve on the pitch.
  • Options
    Backing @Uboat‌ 's point, i wonder how many of those like The Organiser, only do ten homes a year but have bought a 150 ST because that still works out cheaper than ten homes a year.

A Block could turn out to be the holiday home block !

• Options

Good news that ST numbers are up for the comparable period last year.

Would be interesting to see how the income compares given the large price reductions

I imagine it will be down.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Be interested in Airman's thoughts.

Initial reaction is relief that it isn't a disaster. There is a still however a long way to go until the ground is properly half full.

Still suspect revenue wise it will be a comparative fall rather than the big-ticket comparative rise being flagged. Be interested to know exactly how many seats are in East A block, and how that breaks down between new sales and existing moves from a higher price band.

I think it's reasonable given the season we've had, but it neither makes the case for the price structure nor debunks it. There's little doubt sales would have been down on last year at the previous prices, so you can't make any easy comparison.

Typically you'd probably expect to sell another 1,500 - it's possible, however, that more people have held off this year because of the risk of League One football. Also the club could sell more tickets if it makes a more credible offer in terms of signings, since at the moment there is no clarity around the team next season.

The new season ticket holders claim is a bit of a red herring as there is always substantial churn within the numbers - more so than you'd think - so 10 per cent is nothing remarkable, maybe 2-300 more than you'd get by default.

Ultimately we have gone backwards since 2012/13, both in numbers and revenue, when we had 9,200 in April (so added about 2,000 more by Christmas). The reasons for that are complex and not limited to any one factor, but in the end it's a trend that has to be reversed.
  • Options
    keep smiling Airman
  • Options
    Success on the pitch is the best way to reverse it. FACT.
  • Options
    £150 for a ST? Is that across the ground or just one area?
  • Options

£150 for a ST? Is that across the ground or just one area?

For one block of 500 seats to permanently remove the excuse of I can't afford it. A few thousand seats have been reduced to £250.
  • Options
    Block A sold out a couple of weeks ago at least