Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet : 2013/14 Player of the Year

edited May 2014 in General Charlton
2nd Place : Lawrie Wilson
3rd Place : Michael Morrison

Young POTY : Jordan cousins

Poyet does seem completely deserving based on his 20 Performances this year, but does seem slightly unfair on the likes of Morrison who has made 40 odd appearances this year.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    thoughts - get over to the thread that already exists ;)
  • Options
    If we had won the league, he would have got a winner's medal for playing 10 games.
    He deserves it, he's a class act.
  • Options
    Great season for him but Wilson deserved it in my opinion. Very very close voting this year though according to the club. Great to see Morro get the recognition he deserves. Hopefully him and Diego will be here next season at least.

Wilson got player's player of the year and Cousins young player.
  • Options
    I'd much rather have a player who's been outstanding for 23 games than one that's been average (at best according to Charlton Life stats) over the season.
    Well done Diego, a bit of light in a grim season.
  • Options
    Let's be frank, Charlton Life stats are irrelevant. Poyet won with just 28% of the vote so shows how close it is.
  • Options
    "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" eh?
  • Options
    Morrison over JJ?

What the hell?
  • Options
    Just meant that not every Charlton fan is on CL and not everyone on here marks players on that thread. I go to most games and I don't bother usually.
  • Options
    Shame Jacko isn't in the top 3 as he is the heartbeat of the side but it was always gonna be close between the top 4/5 this season

Well done Diego
  • Options
    Undeserved in my eyes, if he played the first 20games and nothing else instead of the last, no one would be voting for him, fickle fans only live on the last few games.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:

Morrison over JJ?

What the hell?

I love Johnnie Jackson as a player and as a captain, but Morrison has been much more solid, reliable and has made less mistakes. Jackson has had a strong end to the season but Morrison has consistently had a better season. Pretty obvious to see I'd have thought.
  • Options
    Jackson not even in the top three?!
  • Options
    Well done to all the winners.

Isn't the young player older that the POTY? : - )
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

boggzy said:

Morrison over JJ?

What the hell?

I love Johnnie Jackson as a player and as a captain, but Morrison has been much more solid, reliable and has made less mistakes. Jackson has had a strong end to the season but Morrison has consistently had a better season. Pretty obvious to see I'd have thought.
    No chance, Morrison is our most negative player, the first to resort to long ball, panics on the ball too often and gets caught out of position a lot too, shouldn't be anywhere near POTY, we've hardly been rock solid at the back have we
  • Options
    Did everybody else vote in order of hair length too? ;-)

Good luck to the lad, he lit up what at times was an excruciating season.
    Glad Lawrie ran him close; he has had a great season and also had to win over those who had a downer on him simply because he wasn't CS.
    They should say Solly ;-)
  • Options
    Sam you lay off them happy pills!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

JaShea99 said:

boggzy said:

Morrison over JJ?

What the hell?

No chance, Morrison is our most negative player, the first to resort to long ball, panics on the ball too often and gets caught out of position a lot too, shouldn't be anywhere near POTY, we've hardly been rock solid at the back have we
    I can understand frustration at negativity of strikers or midfielders but I'm not sure how a CB can be negative. To me, his main job is to clear the ball, whether that's long or short I don't care, especially as recent evidence shows that that's dictated by the manager, and not a personal choice. Plenty of CBs are uncomfortable on the ball without it hindering their ability. Richard Rufus springs to mind. I agree he finds himself out of position too much, but that still doesn't put him behind JJ in my eyes. JJ's complete loss of any pace alone puts him easily outside the top 3.
  • Options
    Is he the youngest player to ever win it?
  • Options
    Sorry VG just don't get the Morro love in, I am happy though, we're staying up, I've been with my family all day my belly is full, I've had a beer, the company I work for is expanding rapidly and my girlfriend is about to finish her masters degree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually we have been rock solid at the back. It has been the lack of goals scored that have let us down. Morrison has always been the rock at the back often out of position sorting out another players errors. Poyet will follow in the long line of POTY who leave in the summer. Good luck to the lad. It was great whilst it lasted.
  • Options
    The cynic in me says this is the best possible outcome for us if he moves to another English Club this summer. Hopefully this will add a few pennies at the tribunal should he decide his future lies elsewhere.
  • Options
    Morrison has been very average, shows how poor a season we've had if he's in the top three.
  • Options
    Bollocks.....I put 6 months mortgage payments on Mark Gower.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In terms of defence, I would certainly say its been solid considering. Only 10 teams have conceded less goals than us, and Morrison who also captained us a handful of times was a central part of that, bar the odd mistake.
  • Options
    I voted for Wilson yet I am very happy that Diego won. Just hope this isn't the last time he is with us.
  • Options
    Nonsense. He's our best player, but not contributed the cumulative most over 46 games.
  • Options

Nonsense. He's our best player, but not contributed the cumulative most over 46 games.

My thoughts exactly.