Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    No, but could be interesting
  • Options
    Paulie Breen? I think he's taking a break from posting on here after the hair controversy.
  • Options
    Picture of him on his Twit account
  • Options
    That name rings a bell. I'm tempted to buy it.
  • Options
    @centurion Congratulations on getting your book published Paul. I reckon I'll give it a try. Hope it does well for you.
  • Options
    @centurion‌ Can I get an electronic copy?
  • Options
    I want to read it too
  • Options
    Hi all, thanks and yes there will be e-copies of the book. I am not sure that those are available quite yet but the publishers should have them on Amazon very soon.
  • Options

Doesn't look as if there is an e-book as yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Solidgone said:

Doesn't look as if there is an e-book as yet.

On the link which Henry posted to the publisher it says : This title is available to purchase as an eBook at key retailers.

I would definitely wish to buy it that way, so look forward to hearing more

Good luck, Centurion, sounds like a lot of us will enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hope so PragueAddick, and once I get confirmation from the publishers about the e-book I will come on here and put up the link.
  • Options
    centurion said:

Hi all, thanks and yes there will be e-copies of the book. I am not sure that those are available quite yet but the publishers should have them on Amazon very soon.

Good luck with the book. I'll take a look when its available on Kindle. Am I correct in understanding that this novel is the first in a trilogy? If so, will the next two stories also feature Charlton or focus on developing other storylines?
  • Options
    I've never seen any Marilyn Monroe lookalikes in Charlton. :)
  • Options
    Look forward to reading the book - you started following Charlton around the same time as myself having previously followed another team, and you clearly have realised what a special club it is.

You should ask the club shop to stock some copies if you haven't done so already.
  • Options
    Congrats on publication, Centurion, and I look forward to reading your debut novel - in proper book form, note, not electronically. Very best wishes for your writing career.
  • Options
    Thanks all - the next books will also feature Charlton, and feature the same main characters - certainly the second one at least. By the third, if the first two succeed, I hope to be waxing lyrical about Diego Poyet this season and hopefully a couple more.

@Redhenry - that's good because the last thing any writer ever wants is to accidentally write about somebody who already exists, apart from the Charlton team of 2012 and Chrissie Powell of course - the rest is fiction :) Maybe if the book becomes popular there's a theme for someone in next season's last away game - Marilyn Monroe. Or Marilyn Monroe in a Jose Riga suit if he's still around?
  • Options
    Volunteering for a part in the film. Lance sounds like a good part for me.
  • Options
    Looks interesting ...have put in an order
  • Options
    In the style of Eric Idle in Life of Brian "nice one centurion"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can help with character ideas for the next ones!
  • Options

Volunteering for a part in the film. Lance sounds like a good part for me.

but does anyone from Charlton know someone called Lance? and as for birds looking like Marilyn Monroe, Woolwich perhaps.
  • Options
    Who's playing me in the film, Paul ?
  • Options
    Well, once the film crew arrives I'm sure I'll be looking for extras to star as the crowd. If the Hartlepool game on the last day of the season's replicated, that'll be 25,000 extras so there'll be room for everybody :)
  • Options

Who's playing me in the film, Paul ?

judi dench
  • Options
    Just ordered my copy
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

We can help with character ideas for the next ones!

The third book in the trilogy will feature many of the posters on Charlton Life, the price of a pint in the ground and suicide watch for the Doomsters and Gloomsters.

Sadly Operation Pig will not be mentioned.

• Options
    No Operation Pig or suicide watch @Oggy Red but it does feature a chapter about a fictional event called Operation Red Man connected to the 2011 riots. To find out more, you can check it out. And it features a pint (with no mention of price) in Bartram's during which you get a potted history of The Valley. Fictional characters drink slow (sometimes).
  • Options
    well done... I'll buy an e version when available