Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Oggy Red said:

E-cafc said:

They need to win 7 or 8 out of 10 games.

Bolton away
    Brighton home
    Brentford away
    Charlton home
    Watford home
    Wigan home
    Cardiff away
    Derby home
    Wolves away

Also Blackburn away to be arranged.

Nasty little run in.

They've got to play 4 of the top 8 ........ all still with a realistic chance of automatic promotion or playoffs.

And they must beat Bolton and Brighton to cut the gap.

Brighton will roll over, serial bottlers, worse than us!

So that's six points (with our usual donation)

Nah, they can't do it...

Fingers crossed.
  • lets hope they get the same 'new' manager bounce as we did when Parky took over from Pardoo
  • Oggy Red said:

E-cafc said:

They need to win 7 or 8 out of 10 games.

Bolton away
    Brighton home
    Brentford away
    Charlton home
    Watford home
    Wigan home
    Cardiff away
    Derby home
    Wolves away

Also Blackburn away to be arranged.

Nasty little run in.

They've got to play 4 of the top 8 ........ all still with a realistic chance of automatic promotion or playoffs.

And they must beat Bolton and Brighton to cut the gap.

Brighton will roll over, serial bottlers, worse than us!

So that's six points (with our usual donation)

Nah, they can't do it...

Fingers crossed.
    Brighton can't afford to lose to Millwall, they lost again last night, and are one of the teams who could be caught
  • If we assume that Blackpool are gone and all teams currently on 44 points or more should be safe,
    we can see that the relegation threatened clubs still have to play each other:

Huddersfield play:
    Fulham
    Brighton
    Blackpool

Bolton play:
    Millwall
    Wigan
    Blackpool

Brighton: play:
    Millwall,
    Rotherham
    Huddersfield
    Wigan

Rotherham play:
    Wigan
    Brighton
    Fulham

Fulham play:
    Wigan
    Rotherham
    Blackpool
    Huddersfield

Millwall play:
    Bolton
    Brighton
    Wigan

Wigan play:
    Rotherham
    Bolton
    Fulham
    Millwall
    Brighton

Blackpool play:
    Bolton
    Fulham
    Huddersfield

Lots of 6-pointers here. Both teams can't win.

Each team in this 'mini-league' still have to play 3 or 4 of the promotion chasing sides.
    But any team (perhaps too late for Blackpool) can give themselves the best chance by beating the teams around them.

• If Millwall win half their remaining games they will have done well with that run in, and that would give them 15 points. So the target would be 46. So that would only be 7 points for Fulham to get and progressively less than the others. It would really be something special if they got out of it. I suppose we have shown that it is possible to turn one of the most toothless attacks in the league into one of the most potent, but we did have the introduction of Tony Watt to help us achieve that. They just feel too far behind to me.
  • Millwall Fan,in all seriousness,do you think Harris' appointment will give you a sufficient 'bounce' to dig you out of the hole you are in?

No. Too far gone. If anyone will be caught it will be Fulham as they are in free fall, but I can't see it. We left it too late. If we was gonna get out of it February had to be the month to do it.

It's a funny old game though so you never know.
  • Millwall Fan,in all seriousness,do you think Harris' appointment will give you a sufficient 'bounce' to dig you out of the hole you are in?

No. Too far gone. If anyone will be caught it will be Fulham as they are in free fall, but I can't see it. We left it too late. If we was gonna get out of it February had to be the month to do it.

It's a funny old game though so you never know.
    Think the next 2 games are both winnable for you though,might shake things up a bit!
  • Just got this posted on my mate's facebook page (he is millwall):

Peter Beagrie, Sky Sports:

In a division packed with former Premier League teams, bigger budgets and better players, it is no disgrace to go down, but Millwall fans will have expected more resilience, spirit and organisation than their side has shown, particularly after a promising start.

If confidence were available in the shops you could charge what you wanted and it would still fly off the shelves, but it is in short supply at the New Den, as we saw when Norwich’s first goal went in recently.

Neil Harris, former playing legend, is the man of choice to restore that missing ingredient and if not secure survival then restore some pride and finish on a high, making enough of an impression in the meantime to convince the owners he is the long-term candidate for the permenant post or making sure his work is rewarding by the owners insisting the new man include him in his management team.

Harris has written a few goalscoring scripts in his time for Millwall but now he is auditioning for the leading role in the modern day version of The Great Escape. I, for one, wish him luck, a true professional and great guy to boot.
  • New manager bounce delayed, then...

I reckon they're gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall aren't even making their relegation exciting! Never mind catching Rotherham, Wigan are now 3 points clear of them
  • Come on keep going
  • lets all laugh at Millwall, la la la la....
  • Millwall aren't even making their relegation exciting! Never mind catching Rotherham, Wigan are now 3 points clear of them

Come on, give it them some praise, they are nine points about Blackpool.
  • They'll still beat us you know.
  • ct_addick said:

Just got this posted on my mate's facebook page (he is millwall):

In a division packed with former Premier League teams, bigger budgets and better players, it is no disgrace to go down, but Millwall fans will have expected more resilience, spirit and organisation than their side has shown, particularly after a promising start.

If confidence were available in the shops you could charge what you wanted and it would still fly off the shelves, but it is in short supply at the New Den, as we saw when Norwich’s first goal went in recently.

Neil Harris, former playing legend, is the man of choice to restore that missing ingredient and if not secure survival then restore some pride and finish on a high, making enough of an impression in the meantime to convince the owners he is the long-term candidate for the permenant post or making sure his work is rewarding by the owners insisting the new man include him in his management team.

Harris has written a few goalscoring scripts in his time for Millwall but now he is auditioning for the leading role in the modern day version of The Great Escape. I, for one, wish him luck, a true professional and great guy to boot.

Stop it !

I'm welling up !

Fanny, this thread is about the spanners going down, not about the wings getting promoted.
    Fat chance of the latter this season, GA.

• Both results going in their favour tonight. Bastards
  • Still zero chance (well 0.567%) of them staying up. Wigan play Bolton on Saturday, if Wigan win then things start becoming interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• I fancy Wigan to catch Fulham now.
    They still have to play each other, Fulham in free fall too.
    Wigan to play Brighton and Millwall both winnable.

They do have tough games too, boro/Derby/brentford/wolves
    But a couple of points from those could be enough if Fulham carry on as they are.
  • A bridge too far for millwall though.
  • hmmm tonights results will give them some hope, but surely it's too late now even if Fulham are in free fall
  • Hope diminishes by 2.50pm on Saturday after Brentford beat them
  • @SparrowsLaneLion has the sale started on the "Championship" home strip yet?
  • I think those teams in 40 points will need 6 from their remaining 8 games to kill any chance of Millwall catching them. That would leave Millwall looking to get 15 points considering the Goal difference. Means Millwall can realistically only afford to lose one more game. Five wins or four wins and three draws. Looks tough but dependent on those on 40 getting those 6 points.
  • Am I the only one who'd rather Fulham go down than say Wigan? Can't put my finger on it but I'm not particularly keen on Fulham.

Fulham is an away game I can get to, Wigan isn't. So prefer Fulham to stay up myself.

• Jints said:

Am I the only one who'd rather Fulham go down than say Wigan? Can't put my finger on it but I'm not particularly keen on Fulham.

Fulham is an away game I can get to, Wigan isn't. So prefer Fulham to stay up myself.

Agree with this - decent away day, Fulham, especially if it's near the summer.

Fulham are doing their best to.mess that up at the moment though!!
  • ct_addick said:

Just got this posted on my mate's facebook page (he is millwall):

What a load of old crap. What's a "true professional"? Just about everyone who has a contract to play football for money. Except anybody called Winston Bogarde of course!