Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

feeling guilty?

Really....
  • Options
    It was West Ham.
  • Options
    clive said:
    really good to do - but the ambulance in question does have a millwall sticker on it was around borough on saturday - was good singing until a few millwall idiots decided to start singing millwall songs and tell people how its there manor etc.
  • Options

clive said:
    really good to do - but the ambulance in question does have a millwall sticker on it was around borough on saturday - was good singing until a few millwall idiots decided to start singing millwall songs and tell people how its there manor etc.
    *their.....and they were right. It is.
  • Options

clive said:
    world cup though i've even drunk with millwall fans abroad many times, admittedly was the younger crowd but thought its not brave to start on 2 lads that had a reading flag when 10 of you.
  • Options

clive said:
    world cup though i've even drunk with millwall fans abroad many times, admittedly was the younger crowd but thought its not brave to start on 2 lads that had a reading flag when 10 of you.
    Agreed. Cowardly thing to do.

• Options

clive said:
    Agreed. Cowardly thing to do.

see there not all bad
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

one of my favourite recent-ish memories of Millwall away was after a nil nil in the championship when Powell was manager. Charlton were very loud all game and then there were some shenanigans in the lower tier at the final whistle and a couple of things thrown on the pitch. There were no trains back, so we took a walk to London Bridge. Lots of posturing, on both sides, but no trouble. Got out onto the main road and there was a guy in his late 50’s literally foaming at the mouth, screaming “Charlton are taking the piss, lets do em” etc! I’ve never seen anything like it! That’s the image I have in my mind, whenever I think of Millwall! No rivalry, my arse!

After the game we had to walk through the crossfire of both set of fans, a mate got hit by a 50 pence piece right on his bald patch!

After the railway viaduct some older chap (the type who probably gets teased at work and has to cook his wife diner each night) shouted "lets do Charlton". Now I'm man enough to admit that I thought they realised who we supported and were about to get a beating but thankfully the (estimated) 300 or so of them, with women in pink tracksuits at the back headed towards the railway arch. Ten seconds later they comically came running back! The same older chap, and by older I mean early fifties, wasn't happy, "Stop running, we're Millwall! Lets do the old bill." And back to the arches they charged!

We kept (speed) walking to Rotherhithe New Road and there were two birds waiting at a bus stop. We told them the bus wouldn't be coming as it was kicking off by the stadium. One of them said it was alright as she was wearing a fur jacket! Probably the last thing I expected her to say! :neutral:
  • Options
    Beating boro 2-0

WTF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the Footballing gods

They beat the crap out of us with that last minute Sunderland winner, after running off down the road they've decided to bring some mates back in Millwall / Magennis / Hanlan to finish the job... thankfully Barnsley have seen whats happening and are trying to even the odds
  • Options
    Haha... :-)
  • Options
    2-0 ahead on 87th minute

Finishes 2-2

Hahaha
  • Options
    I suppose that helps... unlucky Spanners!
  • Options
    Yeah haha spanner’s. Dominating a game against a promotion favourite a league above us, taking home a point, and going from strength to strength as a club.

Fuck sakes - you couldn’t script a more horrendous time to be an Addick just now
  • Options
    Over 15k there as well ffs

We are the smallest team in south east London , shameful times
  • Options

Not gettinglad this turned into let's have a proper downer about ourselves thread. Yes Duchatelet has ruined us but I'm still allowed to enjoy them losing a 2-0 lead in front of a toolbox full of knuckle draggers.

Ah I bet their faces were a picture...

There... that's better, I feel happier here already. Now then, no more misery bollocks. This is a fun only topic.

Agree with this. Just because we're an absolute basket case of a club doesn't mean we can't enjoy it when they throw leads away. Looking at their fixtures for the first 2 months, they have a fairly tough start so hopefully they will struggle.
  • Options

Not gettinglad this turned into let's have a proper downer about ourselves thread. Yes Duchatelet has ruined us but I'm still allowed to enjoy them losing a 2-0 lead in front of a toolbox full of knuckle draggers.

There... that's better, I feel happier here already. Now then, no more misery bollocks. This is a fun only topic.

Agree with this. Just because we're an absolute basket case of a club doesn't mean we can't enjoy it when they throw leads away. Looking at their fixtures for the first 2 months, they have a fairly tough start so hopefully they will struggle.
    My god, why do you keep setting yourselves up like this??

We absolutely battered one of the favourites to win the league yesterday for 80 minutes. We could’ve easily been 4 nil up at half time. Ok the last ten minutes the heat got to us after our high tempo game and we dropped off and let in two sloppy goals, no thanks to the ref either, but I really wouldn’t get your hopes up about us ‘struggling’ this season. And I’m usually a pessimistic fan!
    It sounds similar to our performance at Sunderland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We absolutely battered one of the favourites to win the league yesterday for 80 minutes. We could’ve easily been 4 nil up at half time. Ok the last ten minutes the heat got to us after our high tempo game and we dropped off and let in two sloppy goals, no thanks to the ref either, but I really wouldn’t get your hopes up about us ‘struggling’ this season. And I’m usually a pessimistic fan!
    It sounds similar to our performance at Sunderland.
    difference is, we lost
  • Options

I also dont get the Millwall bashing tbh, Harris has done a fantastic job since taking over, and even if their football is a bit like their fanbase...basic... you cant deny they have moved miles ahead of us.
    We have our own problems to spend our energy on, and no doubt in 2/3 seasons we might be on a level footing with them.
  • Options

The key word in my post was 'hopefully' you will struggle. To be honest i don't think you will but who knows.
  • Options

The key word in my post was 'hopefully' you will struggle. To be honest i don't think you will but who knows.
    Fair enough lol
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I always hope they lose or get the plague or something, what the fuck is wrong with that?

We are shit but i will still come on here and congratulate the cunts on the slightest bit of misfortune.

Right. Next stop the Palarse thread!
  • Options
    At the end of the day, yes the may have played a blinder against a top team for 80 minutes.

But on the 86th minute they were 2-0 up and it finished 2-2

So why cant we laugh at that, I am sure they had a good laugh when we fucked up late against Oxford
  • Options
    We as a club can't take the piss out of anyone where in so much brown stuff it's unreal and laughable .millwall way ahead of us for the last couple of seasons hate saying this but good for them.
  • Options
    A point closer to this thread being obsolete for yet another season :wink:
  • Options
    Think you’ll have another okay season BBW. Not sure you’ll reach the heights of just missing out on the play offs, purely because of the amount of money swilling around at the top of the championship these days.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Think you’ll have another okay season BBW. Not sure you’ll reach the heights of just missing out on the play offs, purely because of the amount of money swilling around at the top of the championship these days.

Unlike @MillwallFan I'll always be pessimistic. Don't get me wrong, the togetherness and team spirit this bunch has is the best I've seen down there so I should maybe have a bit more faith.

Our biggest problem is going to be keeping hold of our most consistent performers. Rumours are abound that both Leeds and Aston Villa are about to make an approach for George Saville after watching him run the show against Middlesbrough and coming off the back of a 10 goal season last year. If recent, comparable, transfers are the benchmark then I think we'd find it difficult to not accept a big offer.

All that said, Harris resisted the Rangers bids for Cooper (arguably our 2nd best centre back) so maybe even the players want to see where this project will take them.

I'd be happy with mid-table and elated with anything more.