Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options
    Grown men... christ.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

The usual "its your cup final", only for it to be their biggest gate of the season.

Maybe I'm missing something, or your wording doesn't read very well, but I don't believe we've ever seriously claimed that a game against us is your cup final.

It's usually levelled at us by you.

The attendance is driven primarily due to geographic location rather than any belief that either team features in any 'rivalry' list.

It's a derby, not a rivalry.
    Is a derby not a rivalry? I think you are kidding yourself here. Obviously you give a shit about us, likewise.

I hate all this we dont care, you sound like you are Crystal palace....
    Not at all. I define a rivalry as being something whereby there is a tense atmosphere. A bit of an edge to it.

A derby, for me, would be a game against any London club other than West Ham.

Maybe you're looking for something that isn't there. Understandable when you consider that you haven't really got any proper rivals :wink:
    lol what a load of bull, have you not been to a Millwank / Charlton game. Even when i was younger i went to your shite ground and got someone verbally abusing me for wearing a Charlton shirt to the ground.

Its funny how when we play you its always the highest attendance and your supporters are always frothing at the mouth.

You personally may not care as much as your average 'wall fan' but with the history and from the games i have been to it certainly is a rivalry, probably a bit less as you were in our shadows for a while. I would say its both a rivalry and a derby, with a nice heated atmosphere.
    What a Charlton fan might class as a ‘nice heated atmosphere’ would probably be a lot different to what we would class as a heated atmosphere.
    Yeah, it’s a derby, you get plenty there because it’s local, but our games v Leeds have been much more ‘heated’ over recent years than our games v Charlton. Leeds feels like a rivalry funny enough, Charlton feels like a local (but fairly jovial) derby. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll mean more to us than a game V say Brentford or Norwich etc but still probably 4th or 5th down the list of most Millwall fans ‘rivals list’. Most I know at Millwall, and I know a lot, wouldn’t class Charlton as a major rival. I’ve got no reason to lie, that’s just how I see it.
    No. Your (Millwalls) version of rivalry is based upon violence, the threat of violence and the potential of violence. That along with Leeds, West Ham and a few other clubs sets you apart from the rest of the civilised football world.

Civilised? When was football ever meant to be civilised? The working class really have lost this sport haven’t they.

Ba da bing. Yes it’s supposed to be civilised at least in as much that you ought not to fear for your safety when attending. If you think anything else then you prove my point about with Millwall it’s all about aggression and intimidation. Don’t give me the working class hero bit either. That’s fucking bollox.

Cor, those years in the premier league really did leave their mark on you lot aye. You’re like a mini less significant arsenal!

Time to shut up mate
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

The usual "its your cup final", only for it to be their biggest gate of the season.

Maybe I'm missing something, or your wording doesn't read very well, but I don't believe we've ever seriously claimed that a game against us is your cup final.

The attendance is driven primarily due to geographic location rather than any belief that either team features in any 'rivalry' list.

Is a derby not a rivalry? I think you are kidding yourself here. Obviously you give a shit about us, likewise.

Not at all. I define a rivalry as being something whereby there is a tense atmosphere. A bit of an edge to it.

Maybe you're looking for something that isn't there. Understandable when you consider that you haven't really got any proper rivals :wink:
    lol what a load of bull, have you not been to a Millwank / Charlton game. Even when i was younger i went to your shite ground and got someone verbally abusing me for wearing a Charlton shirt to the ground.

Its funny how when we play you its always the highest attendance and your supporters are always frothing at the mouth.

You personally may not care as much as your average 'wall fan' but with the history and from the games i have been to it certainly is a rivalry, probably a bit less as you were in our shadows for a while. I would say its both a rivalry and a derby, with a nice heated atmosphere.
    What a Charlton fan might class as a ‘nice heated atmosphere’ would probably be a lot different to what we would class as a heated atmosphere.
    Yeah, it’s a derby, you get plenty there because it’s local, but our games v Leeds have been much more ‘heated’ over recent years than our games v Charlton. Leeds feels like a rivalry funny enough, Charlton feels like a local (but fairly jovial) derby. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll mean more to us than a game V say Brentford or Norwich etc but still probably 4th or 5th down the list of most Millwall fans ‘rivals list’. Most I know at Millwall, and I know a lot, wouldn’t class Charlton as a major rival. I’ve got no reason to lie, that’s just how I see it.
    No. Your (Millwalls) version of rivalry is based upon violence, the threat of violence and the potential of violence. That along with Leeds, West Ham and a few other clubs sets you apart from the rest of the civilised football world.

Civilised? When was football ever meant to be civilised? The working class really have lost this sport haven’t they.

Ba da bing. Yes it’s supposed to be civilised at least in as much that you ought not to fear for your safety when attending. If you think anything else then you prove my point about with Millwall it’s all about aggression and intimidation. Don’t give me the working class hero bit either. That’s fucking bollox.

Cor, those years in the premier league really did leave their mark on you lot aye. You’re like a mini less significant arsenal!

Does the PL thing eat at you MF ? I mean we all know we mean nothing to you, you keep having to convince yourself by coming on here and stating the point... but the fact that you've never sampled it...? I don't mind admitting it was fantastic, not least because it meant we didn't have to play you. I would mention the FA Cup but thats more about one trying to be bigger than other....

It's a great feeling being civilised, you should try it, you really should
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

But significant enough to prefer our company to The House of Fun eh ?

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

Biggest little club in the world?

Arf arf
  • Options

Greenie said:

I think everyone should just head off to Makros car park.

I can be there in about 15 minutes from my current location.

I'll be wearing a flat cap, sporting a flat nose, wearing a pearly king jacket and looking extremely angry.
    You'll recognise him because his socks will not match

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Havnt beed to the Den recently to watch Charlton as its just too painful watching the team just not turn up, but one recollection from about 10 years ago was going there with my Hartlepool mate to see the Pool play and in the corners of the home sections on the sides immediately next to the away fans were about 50 fans on each side who just spent the entire game taunting the away fans - they didnt watch any of the game (probably a good thing) , just spent the whole time doing cut-throat, or wanker, or other pwopa nawty stuff. The stewards just stood there and watched. (in actual fact, i think they were doing the same!).
    Just what holes do these 'humans' crawl out of?

ps dont have a major problem with Palace and their fans tbh.

So you spent all game watching them rather than watching the game then?
  • Options

Havnt beed to the Den recently to watch Charlton as its just too painful watching the team just not turn up, but one recollection from about 10 years ago was going there with my Hartlepool mate to see the Pool play and in the corners of the home sections on the sides immediately next to the away fans were about 50 fans on each side who just spent the entire game taunting the away fans - they didnt watch any of the game (probably a good thing) , just spent the whole time doing cut-throat, or wanker, or other pwopa nawty stuff. The stewards just stood there and watched. (in actual fact, i think they were doing the same!).
    Just what holes do these 'humans' crawl out of?

ps dont have a major problem with Palace and their fans tbh.

If it's the same as when we go there, then the majority of those fans are about 13 so i wouldn't take much notice.

Also if you were a steward at Millwall would you intervene? The hassle you'd get from other older fans really isn't worth the wage they're probably paid.
  • Options
    Millwall - shite ground
    Millwall - shite fans
    Millwall - no songs
    Millwall - no one likes you
    Millwall - historically 2nd/3rd div
    Millwall - on par with Oldham Ath for football league relevance

That's a factual summary, close the thread.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Millwall - shite ground
    Millwall - shite fans
    Millwall - no songs

I've been trying to find a suitable 'shit banter' meme that I can link in but have failed miserably in doing so.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Millwall - shite ground
    Millwall - shite fans
    Millwall - no songs

I've been trying to find a suitable 'shit banter' meme that I can link in but have failed miserably in doing so.
    Banter and Factoids are not mutually exclusive.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PopIcon said:

Millwall - shite ground
    Millwall - shite fans
    Millwall - no songs

The amount of fans this season, from the likes of wolves, Birmingham, Cardiff etc who have said they loved their visit to Millwall this season, a good booze around LB and the Borough, one stop to south Bermondsey, straight into the away end, an old school (ish) ground with ‘ends’ (unlike these soulless bowls you get these days), a partisan home crowd, lively ‘good old days’ atmosphere, banter and a good game of football.

Loads of have said it was one of the first fixtures they looked out for when the fixtures came out. Would they view Oldham in the same way? Or even yourselves and a trip to The Valium?
  • Options
    pretty sure all those mentioned above would bring more to Charlton than they would Millwall
  • Options

pretty sure all those mentioned above would bring more to Charlton than they would Millwall

All those three sold out their allocation at ours, even Birmingham, and that was on TV

• Options

All those three sold out their allocation at ours, even Birmingham, and that was on TV

think the point hes making is they would of brought more because they would of been allowed more, but because were not as ARDDDD as millwall we are allowed to give a larger away allocation coupled with our stadium being a larger capacity although the js holds 3000 odd and your away end holds 4000 but due to you not being able to behave yourselves the away end is never given fully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

think the point hes making is they would of brought more because they would of been allowed more, but because were not as ARDDDD as millwall we are allowed to give a larger away allocation coupled with our stadium being a larger capacity although the js holds 3000 odd and your away end holds 4000 but due to you not being able to behave yourselves the away end is never given fully.
    Who couldn't behave themselves?

Stones incoming!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    the valium - didnt @Big_Bad_World mention something about banter and the qaulity of it :sweat_smile:
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Millwall - shite ground
    Millwall - shite fans
    Millwall - no songs

The amount of fans this season, from the likes of wolves, Birmingham, Cardiff etc who have said they loved their visit to Millwall this season, a good booze around LB and the Borough, one stop to south Bermondsey, straight into the away end, an old school (ish) ground with ‘ends’ (unlike these soulless bowls you get these days), a partisan home crowd, lively ‘good old days’ atmosphere, banter and a good game of football.

Loads of have said it was one of the first fixtures they looked out for when the fixtures came out. Would they view Oldham in the same way? Or even yourselves and a trip to The Valium?
    I have to agree the best thing about Millwall away is its proximity to the beer mile, which of course has nothing to do with the football club.
    The most interesting thing about the club is that you are named after a bank of windmills that used to sit on the banks of the isle of dogs.

Oldham? Night out in Manchester, erm yes please!
  • Options
    Jimmy Seed's record against Millwall:
    29 Sep 1934 Charlton Athletic v Millwall W 3-1 Division Three (South)
    09 Feb 1935 Millwall v Charlton Athletic W 1-3 Division Three (South)

We didn't play them again in the League until:
    27 Aug 1966 Millwall v Charlton Athletic D 0-0 League Division Two
    31 Dec 1966 Charlton Athletic v Millwall D 0-0 League Division Two (I was at this one)

Collected players autographs after the match, but don't have the programme now unfortunately.
  • Options
    saw this on north stand banter haha twats

I would like to see the Anoraks done over in the play offs, but that would put a lot of stress on the South East London Ambulance brigade. But, I suppose we could help them out with WheelBarrows, A bit like picking up bodies back in the days of the plagues. Then just dump them all up on Shooters Hill (Oxleas Woods, alongside the doggers).
  • Options

saw this on north stand banter haha twats

I would like to see the Anoraks done over in the play offs, but that would put a lot of stress on the South East London Ambulance brigade. But, I suppose we could help them out with WheelBarrows, A bit like picking up bodies back in the days of the plagues. Then just dump them all up on Shooters Hill (Oxleas Woods, alongside the doggers).

Who really cares what they think?
  • Options
    to be fair so is 91 pages

fuck em , miracle season for them, fair play harris but fuck em

more pondlife than your average south london team

you are our only rivals

i mean everyone has a story of a helmet scum fan in the Charlton end (of course they are not bothered ) or coming out of scum ground and having some filth offering them out , no one likes em they don't care , no one likes em cos they're scum

Always enjoy your posts!
    Look forward to you joining us at the Den next season, will you be taking your usual corporate box with your mates? I'm sure there is a Millwall fan in their, you almost talk like us!! :-))
  • Options
    feeling guilty?
  • Options

feeling guilty?

Of course. Only plausible explanation.