Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

Calm down, dears. We'll be fine.

We just need to start converting more of the chances we're creating. We've had more shots than anyone else in the division so far this season. 59, I believe, in the three games we've played.

Keep the faith :wink:

59 shots? Just because you can drink a lot doesn't give you the automatic right to win football matches ;)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Actually went to the game on Tuesday in the Ipswich end. How Millwall came away with nothing was pretty staggering. They're also a very, very physical side - won so many headers vs centre backs and even more when Tom Elliott came on. Had Ipswich under a lot of pressure, clinging on at times.

Bizarre feeling leaving The Den feeling happy, one that I've actually never experienced (excluding a pre-season friendly 10+ years ago)
  • Options

Actually went to the game on Tuesday in the Ipswich end. How Millwall came away with nothing was pretty staggering. They're also a very, very physical side - won so many headers vs centre backs and even more when Tom Elliott came on. Had Ipswich under a lot of pressure, clinging on at times.

Bizarre feeling leaving The Den feeling happy, one that I've actually never experienced (excluding a pre-season friendly 10+ years ago)

Ive only seen them on tv v Forest, but they reminded me a bit of Wimbledon 20 years ago with the likes of Fashanu and Vinnie Jones - your comments would sorta reinforce that.
  • Options

They stay up , Roland has cursed our club and we will be punished with palaces prowess and the marauding millwall lions rampant as we wither away and shrivel up after bolting our load after a 1-0 victory against Bristol fucking rovers

Missing: one grip
  • Options
    Sounds like their plan is to make the den as hostile as possible for the opposition. Very original
  • Options
    For a change the football is actually much better than last season. Yes it's direct & physical at times but also playing some much quicker stuff on the floor.

Saville & Wallace are looking strong, Meredith looks good at LB too.

Some shocking defending & woeful finishing has cost us dear. Most people are still fairly positive at the moment!
  • Options
    @Sparrows ------ Before a ball was kicked this season I wondered where the goals would come from over the season for you to stay up.

Its hard to call who will go down. Burton have problems already with injuries to a small squad and look like one of the 3. Barnsley have shipped a lot of decent players could be the unexpected side. Think Bolton will scrap for points to keep out of it.

After that who realistically is there do you think to slip instead of Millwall?
  • Options

@Sparrows ------ Before a ball was kicked this season I wondered where the goals would come from over the season for you to stay up.

Its hard to call who will go down. Burton have problems already with injuries to a small squad and look like one of the 3. Barnsley have shipped a lot of decent players could be the unexpected side. Think Bolton will scrap for points to keep out of it.

There's a lot of rubbish in this division. Some quality towards the top, but a lot of crap that could easily slide. We just need to make sure we pick a few wins up by the end of September otherwise I can see the confidence draining and it becoming a hard slog.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's a lot of rubbish in this division. Some quality towards the top, but a lot of crap that could easily slide. We just need to make sure we pick a few wins up by the end of September otherwise I can see the confidence draining and it becoming a hard slog.
    Well let's hope not.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    A point for the plucky little parole poachers against the massive Brizzle City...

And an admireable mention for the Palarse wonderfully losing out to a last minute choker!

Yep, this is where we will be getting our gloating done this season lads!

Fill yer boots, for now anyway.
  • Options

And an admireable mention for the Palarse wonderfully losing out to a last minute choker!

Liverpool scored in the 73rd minute.

• Options
    Addickted said:

artistic licence.
  • Options
    I couldn't give a fuck what minute it was.
    palarce lost :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Addickted said:

Yeh shut up! That's how I see it, the stripey mugs!

;0)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Again Harris has come out with something similar to what he said prior to their game against Forest at the start of the season

He said pressure is on big spending Bristol City, like he said pressure was all on Notts Forest to win their opening game at home.

Basically he's gonna spend the season saying that their away games the pressure is all on the home team/big spenders blah blah blah, and their home games he's going to reiterate how hostile the den is and the fans will really get behind the players and it will be very difficult blah blah blah

I hope that smug smirk or whatever problem he has with his mouth and that funny position it takes on his face gets eroded over the coming months

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/30271/millwall-boss-make-den-hostile-visit-leeds-united/

Oooh - this is original
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Again Harris has come out with something similar to what he said prior to their game against Forest at the start of the season

He said pressure is on big spending Bristol City, like he said pressure was all on Notts Forest to win their opening game at home.

Basically he's gonna spend the season saying that their away games the pressure is all on the home team/big spenders blah blah blah, and their home games he's going to reiterate how hostile the den is and the fans will really get behind the players and it will be very difficult blah blah blah

I hope that smug smirk or whatever problem he has with his mouth and that funny position it takes on his face gets eroded over the coming months

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/30271/millwall-boss-make-den-hostile-visit-leeds-united/

Oooh - this is original
    Their fans and their one brain cell (combined) lap that kind of thing up.
  • Options
    I can't even say it's that hostile. This is a myth. It's often half full and a few 100 flat caps going 'Milllllllll' doesn't make it hostile

I appreciate this game will bring out the football factory in them, but all this 'hostile atmosphere' shit belongs in the previous century

Standing on the pitch in front of the away fans after beating Leicester in the FA Cup last season, that bloke punching that Spurs fan, is this what they mean by hostile?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep the thread going, lads and lasses. Keep it going.

Up the ridicule and snobbery as it elevates your downfall :wink:

On the train back from London Bridge having completely played the league leaders off the park. Their possession was 90% in their own half.

Neil Harris' rallying calls seems to have worked.

I had Leeds to beat us and you to beat the do as you likeys in my acca, so chuffed with the outcome to be honest.
  • Options

On the train back from London Bridge having completely played the league leaders off the park. Their possession was 90% in their own half.

I had Leeds to beat us and you to beat the do as you likeys in my acca, so chuffed with the outcome to be honest.

This is as polite as I can muster. Piss off

• Options
    cabbles said:

I appreciate this game will bring out the football factory in them, but all this 'hostile atmosphere' shit belongs in the previous century

I agree. Let's all be like the plastic Premisership where everyone is more interested in taking pictures of players, sitting on their hands and making the opposition feel really welcome :neutral:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cabbles said:

Standing on the pitch in front of the away fans after beating Leicester in the FA Cup last season, that bloke punching that Spurs fan, is this what they mean by hostile?

I suppose we could have punched a defenceless animal instead, right?
  • Options

This is as polite as I can muster. Piss off

I didn't want to comment @ShootersHillGuru, but the anger emanating from some quarters drew me in :wink:
  • Options
    Was the incident at London bridge linked to this game? Just saw a few Leeds fans at Euston. Surprisingly good spirits.
  • Options

cabbles said:

you can do much better than that BBW.
  • Options

cabbles said:

you can do much better than that BBW.
    Tit for tat, Baldy, tit for tat.
  • Options
    This thread will keep going, of course it will.
  • Options
    Fuck off mate.