Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Hoskins - RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    loved him in pennies from heaven.

rip bob
  • Options
    I loved Bob Hoskins. The Long Good Friday was some movie. Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    Fine British actor who had his moment in the spotlight. Had to watch the clip Falconwood posted and never realised Pearce Brosnan was making an early cinematic debut!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RIP

I saw him first when I was a kid when he appeared on the adult literacy programme On The Move.

His performance in Mona Lisa was superb . He also is one of the few actors to have played Doolittle in Pymalion and recorded as the same role for in My Fair Lady.
  • Options
    "THERES BEEN AN ERUPTION!!!!!!"

Love the fella...RIP
  • Options
    RIP Bob
  • Options
    Legend

R.I.P
  • Options
    RIP to great British actor in some excellent movies.
  • Options
    Another great film in which he played a different sort of role was Last Orders. Great cast of Hoskins, Helen M, David Hemmings, Tom Courtney, Ray Winstone and Michael Caine. Filmed in a pub in Peckham, followed by a car trip over Blackheath and down the A2 to Margate to scatter Michael Caine's ashes.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Another great film in which he played a different sort of role was Last Orders. Great cast of Hoskins, Helen M, David Hemmings, Tom Courtney, Ray Winstone and Michael Caine. Filmed in a pub in Peckham, followed by a car trip over Blackheath and down the A2 to Margate to scatter Michael Caine's ashes.

Never heard of that Pico, will have to check it out.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the film of a very readable novel by Graham Swift.

The blurb on the CD case says "the men try to understand Jack's death by reliving their life through him - the war, the children, the good times and the bad. The journey becomes a pub crawl full of drink-ups and punch-ups and the men discover that, through it all, it's your friends who break your heart.... and your friends who mend it "

• Options
    Bumped into him, almost literally, a few years back in the foyer of what is now the Bristol Marriott Hotel. Nice guy and class act. RIP.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Yes, that was a great film. He was also excellent in the stuff he made with Shane Meadows.
  • Options
    Only heard about this when I got back from France yesterday. Very sad news. The Long Good Friday is possibly my favourite film, brilliant performance.