Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pub before Watford

I normally have one in the Hare & Billet and get the bus but tonight I feel the need to be among my own people, even if many of them are physically repugnant.

Suggestions? Bugle, White Swan, the Oak or the Lib?

Comments

• Try the White Swan. I'd be interested to know what it's like under yet more new management.
  • Simonsen said:

Try the White Swan. I'd be interested to know what it's like under yet more new management.

The White Swan has got worse if anything, management are decent but the beers could be a lot better.

• Simonsen said:

Try the White Swan. I'd be interested to know what it's like under yet more new management.

The White Swan has got worse if anything, management are decent but the beers could be a lot better.

Very sad. In the 90s and early Premier years, The White Swan was our pre-match pub. Then it turned to shite, with juke-box, radio and TV all competing with each other for the white noise award plus they bunged a silly nut vending machine right where people used to stand. In short, they made a right cods of it.
  • edited April 2014
    Shame. When I lived in Charlton, that was where I'd go.

What's the verdict on the Oak these days?
  • Vincenzo said:

Dunno, will let you know tomorrow !

• There you go....quick one in The Swan for old times' and then down to The Oak.
  • Vincenzo said:

Shame. When I lived in Charlton, that was where I'd go.

Not bad, has been better this season but very busy.