Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Libertines

...for those that are interested, have announced they are playing Hyde Park this summer.

The last band remaining on my 'to see list'!

Comments

• Me too! They're on Xfm tonight.
  • they are brilliant live, not sure about hyde park though
  • With pete?
  • * I was going to go but it clashes with 2 World Cup Quarter Final Games at 5pm & 9pm *

Reuniting to headline Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park for their largest ever UK show on 5th July!

This time it is the reformation everyone has been waiting for, The Boys In The Band are back. Pete, Carl, John and Gary make a long awaited return to the stage, playing their first full live shows since 2010. Joined by the cream of UK talent, this is the Best of British Summer Time.

Forming at the turn of the century, The Libertines have become one of the most influential and important bands of their generation. Leading the charge with Pete Doherty and Carl Barat as song writing partners, their on stage chemistry and intense live performances have enthralled fans and critics alike since their debut album ‘Up The Bracket’ in 2002. Following this with their second LP in 2004, ‘The Libertines’ shot straight to #1, catapulting them into the mainstream. Disbanding soon after that release, they went their separate ways for six years, cementing their almost mythical status.

Reuniting for a handful of shows in 2010 to widespread praise, they won a whole new generation of fans in the process.

Alongside The Libertines on 5th July announced so far include The Pogues, Spiritualized, Maximo Park, Wolf Alice, Swim Deep, The Enemy, Reverend and The Makers, I Am Kloot, The View, Darlia, The Rifles, Cuckoolander, Brownbear, Raglans and The Twang.

Pre sale tickets will be available at 9am from Wednesday 30 April! You'll be notified by email with the pre sale link just like today, so tell your friends that The Boys In The Band are BACK and ready for an unforgettable concert in Hyde Park.

• Heard about this a few das ago, great news ! Think I will wait for normal venues though, not really feeling a gig at Hyde park
  • shine166 said:

Heard about this a few das ago, great news ! Think I will wait for normal venues though, not really feeling a gig at Hyde park

Agreed, expect them to do some 'warm up' shows before hand. I think they played the forum prior to their other comeback at Reading Festival a few years ago
  • I've seen Pete Doherty a couple of times in the last year, at Brixton Jamm.

His music was good, but he was a bit of a mess, although not a bad as Shane McGowan.
  • Saw them at Reading Festival a few years ago, were quality. Well worth seeing.
  • A bit gutted to be missing this as I had already agreed to go to Wireless that day. My musical tastes would definitely be more leaning to Hyde Park, but there are other benefits in Finsbury.
  • why would anyone want to give that drugged up piece of crap their money ?
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

why would anyone want to give that drugged up piece of crap their money ?

Excellent trolling. Well played. Let's see if anyone bites.
  • PL54 said:

I'd give up on music all together if I were you
  • Saw them support Morrissey and thought they were dreadful, bar the drummer who is top notch.

About 3 years ago saw Pete Doherty at the Rhythm Factory in Whitechapel.

Gig went on and on and on as he was off his nut....it rambled on for about 2.5 hours then gave up about 1.45 and went home.

All these gigs do are pay off his dealers really.

He does attract a lot of fit young sorts to his gigs, probably the only upside in it all......
  • PL54 said:

What choons you into then @PL54?
  • Gospel
  • PL54 said:

Gospel

Amen brother.
  • I saw the babyshambles in February and they were awful, very disappointed. Hope the Libertines are better.