Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oasis Reforming?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Why is it that people who have the talent of making good music become insufferable arseholes and so far removed from the music they once made?

You're not wrong. But to be fair to these two I don't think they became insufferable arseholes - I think they were always that way.
  • Options
    Well, if I may offer my perspective, as part of a relatively successful band (within our very narrow genre)and having 4 albums behind us, with a dedicated fanbase, It's a strange feeling even at our level stepping onstage knowing the people who have come to see you have certain expectations- also the same when writing, the urge to write to a certain style to satisfy people is definitely there and you can devdlop a feeling of detachment from reality especially with all the craziness of touring and studio time.
    LIke I said even with our tiny amount of success it makes a difference-I couldn't imagine what it must do at the top!

But to agree, I can confirm Liam is actually a typically decent chap, and it's just his persona he projects for the media- you wouldn't get anywhere in this business if really like that, purely because no one would want to work with you on any level!
  • Options
    Ian Brown is a bit though...
  • Options
    So it definitely maybe will happen, stand by me and don't look back in anger, I wish they could be here now do we can celebrate with some champagne supernova and just roll with it.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

god they're horrifically overrated :/ will be nice to see them do a couple of gigs in 10 years or so, but come on people they made 2 good albums and thats it, calm down people.

It's all about taste - there are people out there who don't support Charlton, believe it or not.

Liam the man is a very intelligent and articulate, according to friends who know him quite well. Liam the knob headed pop star is an act he puts on to keep himself and band in the limelight.

which i think says it all... let the music do the talking.

I like oasis, I just don't understand this worshipping of them when there are far better bands out there. I guess its just the nawty fellas who like Liam's prickishness,
    A bit harsh - they probably still are my favourite band to be quite honest; and I think Liam is a complete tool. I've got a fair amount of admiration for Noel though, he's a talented bloke and seems to have a decent attitude too.

Liam just struck me as someone out for a bit of attention; much to the detriment of Noel it must be said.
    which is why i think its best noel stays well clear of Oasis. Beady Eye are terrible, glorified pub band, and they're just oasis but without noel.
  • Options
    which is why i think its best noel stays well clear of Oasis. Beady Eye are terrible, glorified pub band, and they're just oasis but without noel.

They're a Rutles tribute band
  • Options

god they're horrifically overrated :/ will be nice to see them do a couple of gigs in 10 years or so, but come on people they made 2 good albums and thats it, calm down people.

They are not massively talented musicians,

It's all about taste - there are people out there who don't support Charlton, believe it or not.

Liam the man is a very intelligent and articulate, according to friends who know him quite well. Liam the knob headed pop star is an act he puts on to keep himself and band in the limelight.

which i think says it all... let the music do the talking.

I like oasis, I just don't understand this worshipping of them when there are far better bands out there. I guess its just the nawty fellas who like Liam's prickishness,
    Not the most talented of musicians, but they are clever song writers and their music is catchy. Has a worldwide fanbase (part from the states!)
  • Options
    love Oasis, seen them live 3 times and would happily pay again to watch them
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Ian Brown is a bit though...

Having had a bit of a run in with Brown in Dublin a few years back I can confirm despite having met him before and him being a nice guy he also has it in him to be an utter tool.
  • Options
    RT @andygoldstein05: I just text Noel asking about the chance of reforming ...his reply " There's more chance of me and my ex-wife getting back together"
    So no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

RT @andygoldstein05: I just text Noel asking about the chance of reforming ...his reply " There's more chance of me and my ex-wife getting back together"
    So no.

Was just gonna post this, And for those out there that don't believe he has his numner, as I said Noel is regularly on talk sport and is good friends with Andy Goldstein
  • Options
    doesn't mean to say Noel's not lying though does it
  • Options
    They *will* reform. Maybe not this year but definitely in 2016. Far too much money (and ego) in it for them!
  • Options
    Exactly boggzy , the stone roses said the same thing but they came back.

Would be interesting to see what for the line up would take though as let's face it they are the musical equivalent of trigger's broom.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Certainly a love them or hate them sort of band - I absolutely love them. By far the biggest UK band that has been around in my lifetime.

Think it is a little unfair some suggesting that money is the biggest lure for why they might be getting back together. Watch some of Liam's interviews when he is willing to engage and be straight with people, you'll see that he absolutely loves his job and the thrill he gets from playing live and creating music is the biggest thing that drives him. If he had it his way, Oasis would have never broken up and would have released albums every single year. Noel is of the complete opposite mindset where he likes to spend 10% of his time working and the rest relaxing.
  • Options
    more likely liam wants to reform for the £££, noel obviously doesnt want to and liam's using his knuckle dragging twitter following to put pressure on noel to come back.