Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non premium rate ticket number?

Hi - just found out my bill is £10 over again this month as a result of phoning "help lines". At least £5 of this has been to CAFC for the privilege of buying tickets for which I also pay a booking fee! Does anyone know a number I can call that doesnt charge me extra? I'm a bit unwilling to drive all the way to Blackpool and find out I can't get tix on the door...

Comments

• Options
    Sorry - when I say phoning "help lines" that isn't a euphemism for "special services". ;0)
  • Options
    Download WeQ4U on mobile phone and you don't get charged extra for 08 numbers, i use it all the time.
  • Options
    say no to 0870 mate
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks CS am downloading now!

Later - it put me through to CAFC, but not the ticket office. Bit weird. I'll try "say no.." thanks ps.
  • Options
    I give up. It's a pisser that as well as all the booking fees the b******ds charge premium rate as well.
  • Options
    Is that 08712261905 if so it worked for me.
  • Options
    I must admit supporting the club by getting people who do not normally come to CAFC (whilst myself booking the tickets, and shouldering the phone charge and the "booking fee") leaves a bad taste in the mouth with all this.
  • Options

Is that 08712261905 if so it worked for me.

Yeh - keeps putting me through to reception. Maybe it's not the app, maybe it's the switchboard. Or maybe it's a worldwide conspiracy to f*ck me up.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Email them and ask them to call you back. Maybe tell a fib and say your firm blocks premium rate lines ;-)

tickets@cafc.co.uk

The Reception used to be happy transferring you through but they seemed not to be able/willing to do that last time I tried.
  • Options
    call them from work/ask a mate to borrow his mobile to "call your mrs"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell them you are calling from overseas and can't get through on the other number?
  • Options
    Doesn't 020 8333 4012 still work as an alternative number?
  • Options
    danny777 said:

Doesn't 020 8333 4012 still work as an alternative number?

OK, thanks, I'll try it.
  • Options
    I tried the 4012 number recently and it seemed to be unobtainable.I refuse to ring the premium rate number, especially as I only have a mobile phone now.
  • Options
    There seems to be a way that the CAFC number is redirecting so that you can't get thru to the box office using weQ4u. God forbid they should miss out on their £1 - £2 call charge on top of the £25-odd. So I gave up and phoned the "commercial centre". Why the f*** you should pay a booking fee as well when you're buying direct is beyond me, never mind the call charge, but as I've already arranged to go up to see my sis I paid up. Dickheads they are sometimes.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

There seems to be a way that the CAFC number is redirecting so that you can't get thru to the box office using weQ4u. God forbid they should miss out on their £1 - £2 call charge on top of the £25-odd. So I gave up and phoned the "commercial centre". Why the f*** you should pay a booking fee as well when you're buying direct is beyond me, never mind the call charge, but as I've already arranged to go up to see my sis I paid up. Dickheads they are sometimes.

I've never really liked this either, but the calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline. If you use a different provider or a mobile it will be more, but the extra doesn't go to the club. Neither does it get all the money from the BT rate, which it does not control.

My understanding is that the lines into The Valley are not fit for purpose and the 0871 number allows the calls to be queued externally when there is high volume - that's what you are paying for. If they were on a standard number then the club's entire phone system would crash every time a big game went on sale.

This could be sorted out by investment, but the board wasn't willing to do that (many years ago). In fairness the booking fee of £1 per transaction including postage (I think) is hardly excessive compared with the ridiculous charges added by ticket agencies and other types of venue and is still waived altogether for internet bookings (AFAIK).

A more valid criticism, in my view, is the fact that the online system was downgraded a year ago and no longer works in real time, hence you can't choose your seat and every transaction is now processed manually on the live system by a member of staff. They have to print out each online order and then re-enter it on the live system.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I, too, think the extra £1 is not really that bad. Your ticket goes out first class, which takes a big chunk out of that straight away. Then there's 16.67p to the VAT man.

Hopefully - maybe wishful thinking here - Roland, who seems to like his technology, will get the phone and on-line systems upgraded. They certainly need it.
  • Options
    As I've said before , all those years we spent in the premier league and we are still run like a tin pot outfit due to lack of infrastructure investment . Bad phone system , no chip and pin and no sign of ever having season cards instead of booklets. For christ's sake even Peterborough have the season cards.