Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Raining on the parade

Fantastic result Monday....pity we can't play all our games away! And that's what worries me. Two home games and maybe 2 or 3 points to be safe...but remember we are playing two excellent sides - Rovers have just bashed Brum 4-2 away and Watford will be no pushovers. Just what are we going to see on Saturday and next Tuesday? Why should these two home games differ from most home performances this season? I'm just looking for something positive....someone convince me we are going to witness two 3-0 wins and a late push for the play-offs!! I'm still fearful it will go to the last game!

Comments

• Options
    Blackburn will be going for us, look at the league table, and Watford play a neat passing game with players who can finish (as have Blackburn), we simply have to maintain the siege mentality, and work like donkeys...one result does not mean everything has changed, we are still in a dogfight.
  • Options
    Blackburn will be tough, but by the time we play Watford their season will be over.
  • Options
    Blackburn have half a team doubtful for our game, they are near the playoffs which makes them average. Keep Rhodes under wraps and we have a good chance. Watford will be on holiday when we play them and are slightly worse than average.

Reading winning yesterday was crucial, just clinging to 6th place they will be desperate to beat Donny and if they do then Donny will go to a Leicester side chasing 100 points to stay up on the last day of the season.

No need to worry.
  • Options
    We have found a striker who knows where the goal, and how to finish. The spirit in the squad is high, make sure you arrive with spirits high, what will be will be ( listen to Doris ).
  • Options
    I fully expect the Blackpool game to still be relevant for our survival prospects as I can't see 3 points for us before then, in which case only a Blackpool defeat and 2 draws for us would make us mathematically safe come 3rd May. Hope I'm wrong and Watford are on the beach next Tuesday.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

We have found a striker who knows where the goal, and how to finish. The spirit in the squad is high, make sure you arrive with spirits high, what will be will be ( listen to Doris ).

Found a striker? Where's he been all bloody season then? Nothing wrong with the spirit in the side but I still think we will be waiting for other results. I just never see us scoring at home, whether the opposition is 'on the beach' or not. Defenders just have an easy day against our so-called 'forward line'. Just wish it was Saturday tomorrow and we could get the thing over and done with and I could go out for a beer to 'celebrate'!

• Options
    1 point should see us safe.
  • Options

We won't lose to Blackburn FACT

I beg to differ
  • Options
    Pretty convinced we will grind out a point Saturday and then beat Watford Tuesday, as long as we play two strong centre halfs and move away from rotating them, please not Richard Wood.

Also keeping JC away from the right and playing him in position would be a bonus.

I know I will be at all three remaining games backing my team unlike the Arsenal fan I spoke to last night who tried telling me how hard his life is, he "can hardly turn sky sports on anymore" (and that was a quote!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry. This comment is wrong. The only was it can be right is if they do away with Rovers and change it to FACT.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We'll get a point against Watford, last minute equaliser. They have a penchant for conceding in added time.
  • Options
    Blackburn are the only team not to have lost in the last ten games winning 4 drawing 6, all good runs come to an end, so why not on Saturday?
  • Options
    Wigan should beat Blackpool at home and then one point should see us safe
  • Options

Would rather like us to be safe by then somehow !! We all know what happens to us in our 'key' games..Doncaster/Barsnley/Sheff U/Millwall - we dont tend to turn up.
    Believe that its gonna be tough to get anything out of Blackburn - they are 2nd in the Form table (Watford are 5th) - but hoping that we might get the point that is needed from Watford because by then hopefully they will be mathematically out of contention for playoffs. Still watching other results at Blackpool though - but hoping that Donny or Millwall will lose on Saturday thus making it tough for them (especially Donny at Leicester) to get the 3 points needed. I think it could even be a situation of both us and Blackpool playing out a dull draw to give us both the point required.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We're the new sheffield wednesday - nothing can stop us now....this season safety, next unbeaten and on the way to winning the league. before you know it we will have more champions League winners stars on our shirts than any other team....we are massive now.
  • Options
    Three draws I say....
  • Options
    Both home games have 0-0 written all over them.

That will do me though!!
  • Options
    a point from either of them I think will do........but I reckon we'll lose by 2 or 3 on Saturday & beat Watford by a couple next tues.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Sorry. This comment is wrong. The only was it can be right is if they do away with Rovers and change it to FACT.
    Or change their name to Sheffield Wednesday, we always beat them.

Would rather like us to be safe by then somehow !! We all know what happens to us in our 'key' games..Doncaster/Barsnley/Sheff U/Millwall - we dont tend to turn up.
    Believe that its gonna be tough to get anything out of Blackburn - they are 2nd in the Form table (Watford are 5th) - but hoping that we might get the point that is needed from Watford because by then hopefully they will be mathematically out of contention for playoffs. Still watching other results at Blackpool though - but hoping that Donny or Millwall will lose on Saturday thus making it tough for them (especially Donny at Leicester) to get the 3 points needed. I think it could even be a situation of both us and Blackpool playing out a dull draw to give us both the point required.
    It is a myth we do not win our big games. Just ask Sheff Wed twice this season and remember Peter Shirtliff etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm feeling pretty confident we will get at least a point on Saturday. Gestede had a field day last week but he isn't likely to repeat that and our defence is better than Brum's anyway. Keep Rhodes quiet and I think we could win. Our recent record against Blackburn is pretty good:

29 Sep 2012 Drew 1-1
    19 Jan 2013 Won 2-1
    19 Oct 2013 Won 1-0
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Blackburn are the only team not to have lost in the last ten games winning 4 drawing 6, all good runs come to an end, so why not on Saturday?

Is that really a good run?
  • Options
    I fancy us to pick up at least a point in one of those two games (v Blackburn & Watford)
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

If it were our team this season...most definitely!! ;-/
  • Options
    Just came across my electronic copy of the VOTV from last season - the relaunch copy, I think - where Airman laid out 20 years of points totals for both playoff slot and 22nd place. Leaving out the anomaly of Portsmouth who had a points deduction, the average over 19 seasons in 22nd place is 47.4 points.

Personally I will be happy if we get more than 2 points from the upcoming home games. But that still implies we will have some kind of job to do at Blackpool.
  • Options
    Blackburn & Blackpool have let in more goals than us :-)
  • Options
    Church scored against Blackburn they can't be that good ;-)
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Bolton had won 7 and drawn 4 of their last 12 games when they played us last Saturday.

Form means nothing at this stage. Its all about nerve and bottle.

• Options
    Heavy rain forecast for Saturday. Game abandoned mid way through the 1st half and match replayed next Thursday.
  • Options
    1 draw cannot be enough for us as our goal differences are so close that defeat at Blackpool would very likely put them above us. I still think the scenario will be Millwall needing Blackpool to lose in order for them to stay up. Now that would be funny!