Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations to Burnley

on their promotion to the Premiership. It was done with a squad of 22 players and in the past 18 months they have paid out one transfer fee of £450k. I think in this period they have had two mangers Howe, who returned to Bournemouth and Dyche who came from Watford.

Comments

• Yep role model for us...them and Derby
    Don't have to shell out millions to be top 6
    Well done Burnley
  • It does help they've made a bit of cash on selling players like Austin to fund wages of players like Barnes and Kightly. They've done well though.
  • Austin may well be regretting his move now.
  • on their promotion to the Premiership. It was done with a squad of 22 players and in the past 18 months they have paid out one transfer fee of £450k. I think in this period they have had two mangers Howe, who returned to Bournemouth and Dyche who came from Watford.

The sort of team that reminds me of us back in the Curbs promotion years...
  • I think Dyche deserves a great deal of credit. He was building towards this season last season. They were too good for us in both matches - I would say that they play a game that has similarities to Rugby, in that they play balls in to areas knowing that their front players win more than their fair share of 50-50s. All over they are a big strong athletic team.

I did think that they might have some difficulties against the higher quality they will encounter in the premiership, but Dyche will know this and I'm sure he will have a plan. Pulis took Stoke up and they had one of the poorest teams to get promoted, but he knew what was needed and kept them up. I see Dyche in the same mould and wish him and them well.
  • I think Dyche deserves a great deal of credit. He was building towards this season last season. They were too good for us in both matches - I would say that they play a game that has similarities to Rugby, in that they play balls in to areas knowing that their front players win more than their fair share of 50-50s. All over they are a big strong athletic team.

I did think that they might have some difficulties against the higher quality they will encounter in the premiership, but Dyche will know this and I'm sure he will have a plan. Pulis took Stoke up and they had one of the poorest teams to get promoted, but he knew what was needed and kept them up. I see Dyche in the same mould and wish him and them well.

I thought Stoke were the best team we played the season they went up, the same with Hull last season. I'd say the current top three this year.
  • They have done brilliantly and I am delighted for them. As an aside, I looked at their (state of the art, 800k) pitch and I reckon it has helped them play good football which they have been brave enough to do...I hope Roland gets us one of those.
  • Superb effort. I had them down as fighting off relegation, similar to us.
  • As Kightly said on the Football League Show, they were fourth favourites for relegation at the start of the season after they sold Austin a week before the start of the season.

A tremendous achievement by Dyche, his staff and the players. They have got some very talented individuals but are unquestionably better as a team than the sum of their parts. Good luck to them - they've shown more fancied sides like the Charlie Big Cigars of QPR the way home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased for Dyche after we dumped him.

Showed no bitterness or sulking - just got on with another job and achieved success.
  • Congratulations, and I hope they do well in the top flight.

I thought Stoke were the best team we played the season they went up, the same with Hull last season. I'd say the current top three this year.
    You clearly look at teams differently to me - I was looking at technical ability. not effort and physicality, which were their strengths.
  • Two 20 goals a season forwards, where will that ever get you?

Showed no bitterness or sulking - just got on with another job and achieved success.

Always wondered why Watford dumped him ? Wasnt it something to do with the Network ?! - Shows it works.!

You clearly look at teams differently to me - I was looking at technical ability. not effort and physicality, which were their strengths.
    On technical ability no, Hull and Stoke were not the best teams, but you need a bit of physicality and strength in this division on top of anything else to do well. It's no coincidence that both those sides have done well in the Premier League since and that Hull are in the FA Cup final. I think Derby have been the best footballing side I've seen live this season.

Always wondered why Watford dumped him ? Wasnt it something to do with the Network ?! - Shows it works.!
    I'd guess it was due to Italian owner wanting a big name Italian. Unfortunately for Watford, all they could get was Zola..............
  • Not a fan of Burnley or their supporters, but it is an amazing effort they've done it so comfortably, particularly when you look at resources at places like QPR.
  • Not a fan of Burnley or their supporters, but it is an amazing effort they've done it so comfortably, particularly when you look at resources at places like QPR.

Agree, can't say I'm particularly pleased for the coachload who turned up at the horse and groom for the fa cup match a few years ago.
  • Sent texts congratulating my two cousins and my 86 yr old Auntie, all lifelong Clarets supporters. Really pleased for them and I hope they can make a go of it this time. Season tickets £455 for prem football. Not bad, eh.
  • Sponsored links:

• The ground looked virtually empty on Saturday. Pretty poor for a team that's just been promoted. Just 14,574 there.
  • The ground looked virtually empty on Saturday. Pretty poor for a team that's just been promoted. Just 14,574 there.

Don't tell Owlstalk ffs.