Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Massives logic

Average home attendance of 20,000+ (and also called Sheffield Weds) : A club worthy of receiving an instant bye into the champions league final every season.

Average home attendance of 19,999 or less: Tinpot club.

Comments

• I make 'CAFCTrev' about right and i'm still glowing from that victory.
  • Give it a rest will ya....

So a couple of them talk bollox.....we've got quite a few that talk bollox on here. We won for a change....just enjoy it.

A couple?

Biggest understatement of the year!
  • Did we just win a cup final ?
  • When you come from anywhere north of watford then logic becomes a real problem. Unless of course you're a charlton fan.
  • Their logic;
    It doesn't matter if you win as long as your away support is good on the day.
  • The only Logic are facts and facts are your support was the poorest away following at ours this season.

For a club that needs its fans the most anyone would have thought that you would've turned up in bigger numbers.

Doesn't bother me about how many you bring away but there must be a reason as to why you have 16-20k gates at home but then only 193 fans turned up at Leeds and a few more here.
  • The only Logic are facts and facts are your support was the poorest away following at ours this season.

For a club that needs its fans the most anyone would have thought that you would've turned up in bigger numbers.

Doesn't bother me about how many you bring away but there must be a reason as to why you have 16-20k gates at home but then only 193 fans turned up at Leeds and a few more here.

Because it's shit up north!

• Sponsored links:

• Fact is we won.
  • Our lads can motivate themselves without massive support, in fact the less support the better for them, such is their talent.
  • Remind me of the score again little piggy?
  • Sheffield (Massive) Wednesday 2 Charlton Athletic 3
  • TBH he has a point. We should have had a least 500 odd there.
  • edited April 2014
    Facts?

One fact is that a single Charlton fan travelling away is worth 10 of anybody else, so it is a fact that 250 travelling Addicks is the equivalent of 2,500 for anybody else ;-)

As for Charlton fans up north, compared to the rest of the world living in London, well once you move out of London it is nearly impossible to get back, my sister moved to Lincolnshire, and regretted it, but was stuck there due to finances and so on. If a non-Londoner can get to London, as a student maybe, a first job, or simply to get work, they can rent here and see their teams when they visit, they are relaxed about renting because they know one day they can easily afford to return home.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41650339.html

The estate agent is interestingly named 'Crapper' (and Haigh).

With house prices that cheap Sheffield folk have more disposable income to spend following their team compared to us lot in London.

Probably a good portion of your away followings in London are from London.
    I'd guess about 0.5% of ours are from Yorkshire.

Wednesday don't take too many to Leeds for the same reason, ticket prices. As for yesterday, clearly the team didn't need the fans! If it was a big game we would've take a load up, we had over 1k for the midweek cup game there this season. No idea why we don't have away support that matches our home support, I guess we don't have that culture at the club and just pick and choose games. I think Brighton had over 1k at Huddersfield which is incredible.
  • Did you make it to the valley this year op?
  • getting back home into london/south east on a bank holiday monday afternoon/evening is a massive ballache that i dont think many wanted to have.
  • Sponsored links:

Wednesday don't take too many to Leeds for the same reason, ticket prices. As for yesterday, clearly the team didn't need the fans! If it was a big game we would've take a load up, we had over 1k for the midweek cup game there this season. No idea why we don't have away support that matches our home support, I guess we don't have that culture at the club and just pick and choose games. I think Brighton had over 1k at Huddersfield which is incredible.

I think it simply comes down to cost. Anyone who takes kids will know they've just had two weeks holiday, entertaining them for that don't come cheap, home game friday, etc, etc.
    If i'd gone to Sheffield on my own it would've cost about £100. Me and a lot of others simply can't afford that.
  • edited April 2014
    From my perspective - and I would imagine many others share it - I have a family and other responsibilities which means I can't go to every away game - I pick and chose a few. I have a season ticket and go to every home game. Maybe we have more fans in that situation. I don't think we need to defend ourselves to Sheff Wednesday fans though, the ones that go seem to make enough noise and they should concerntarte on themselves and be less judgmental of others. Some of them - not all or most mind- have similarities with Newcastle fans - who I personally think are the worst in the country in terms of their delusions.

Trouble was it was Easter Monday so was a Bank Holiday so what would the trains have been like...

We've already been to Sheffield twice this season so a huge shout to the 300 if it was their third trip

There are always redundancies happening in London (I've been made this twice in eight months) some people like myself may also be struggling for money, i.e. my main concern was being able to pay for my Season Ticket next season regardless of my financial situation (like some others on here), no way can we pay for away matches too (i.e. I did most of the away matches in our League One championship year and in terms of travel / ticket etc... that was costing me £50 - £70 each week, must be more for the Championship?)
  • There's more to spend your money and time on in London, what else are you going to do on a bank holiday or Saturday afternoon if you live in Sheffield... ;-)

Because we have been piss poor all season and boring to watch, also we are sick of Sheffield, some have been to Sheffield 4 times this season no football fan should have to suffer that.
  • edited April 2014
    You see this is massive logic... SUCKERS!! lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcaek8bKTk

Are you getting a season ticket again?

• So some of the comments are;

We are sick to death of Sheffield. - It's a football match not a sightseeing tour.
    It was a Bank holiday. - Correct it was, loads off work, need something to do? I know..lets go to waitrose with the missus.
    We have expensive Houses down here compared to yours up there. Flats more like (lol)
    We have been poor all season. - Yes this is true, but you could still stay up.
    We were skint - but a fan on here was giving train tickets away.

Keep them coming lads, I'm the expert at giving it back believe me.

• Starting to sound a little bitter pig. Take it on the chin mate. Its only a game at the end of the day. LOL.

Are you getting a season ticket again?

Have done for 30+ years mate it was tongue in cheek but you northern mugs wouldn't understand, guess you agree Sheffield is a shit hole.