Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To Fanny and her fellow away supporters

.It's days like this that must make all your trips away worthwhile. Well done to you on your week in week out commitment, glad you had a good day today.

Comments

• Options
    Yes well done Fanny, ooh ah and others....
  • Options
    Very happy for you all - well done! Very happy for CAFC:)

Keep up the good work...
  • Options
    Ooh aah,Fanny Fernackerpan.
  • Options
    well done the lot who travelled. I've done most aways this year but I think this was the first for a long time I had no intention whatsoever of doing. Wish I did now mind!
  • Options
    Due to finance, family commitments and timings I haven't been able to make any away games. Will be making a definate effort next season. And I second Kap10's sentiments - the end result must have been worth all the nailbiting when we went 0-2 down!
    Class result from The Addicks.
  • Options
    Well done Fanny.

Next time could you run around a bit to make it look as thought there were more people there?

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    That was my first away trip for two years. I'll pick the next one wisely...
  • Options
    Don't forget MSE7 who must have scared them into defeat.
  • Options
    Aw, shucks, guys.

LOADS of other regulars must be included here ....

Karen, Betty, Darren, Ketts , Kaide, Seb, Olly, Latimer, Don, Ralph, Keith, Keith & Lynne, Les, Owen the Hat, Covered End, the Maidstone clan, Rock Spectacle, Mary, Charlotte & her Mum and many others who spend time & money week after week to support our team.

TBH it has been a long , hard slog this season with few "rewards" but it really is worth it to witness a performance like today's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darkest hour is before the dawn. Well done for all that travelling through the "night". Hopefully we arrive at dawn soon and enjoy the summer as the squad is reshaped for next season.
  • Options
    Well done Fanny. Many miles has she travelled, many games has she seen, following Charlton her favourite team.
  • Options
    The Cupboard End salutes you.
  • Options
    Thanks, Sam.

Will keep in touch & could be travelling companions next season ?
  • Options

Thanks, Sam.

I heard on the grapevine that you didn't like Riga's team selection?

• Options
    The award Seb got at the POTY do last season... was that an actual "fan" award or was it the same one that Colin Cameron received a few years ago himself?

Just thinking that maybe its something the club could do if not
  • Options
    wonder if anyone buggered off back to the pub after 8mins?
  • Options

The award Seb got at the POTY do last season... was that an actual "fan" award or was it the same one that Colin Cameron received a few years ago himself?

Just thinking that maybe its something the club could do if not

It's one & the same, FA

We initiated this "fan award" when we started organising POTY back in 2011. The first recipients were Betty Hutchins & Jean Tindall- both long serving coach stewards & members of the original Supporters' Club .

In 2012, Colin Cameron received the award and in 2013, Seb Lewis.

It was decided that the it would be named "The Colin Cameron Award" earlier this season when many items for the Museum were donated by Colin's family.

Hope that helps.

So, who will be the recipient in 2 weeks time ????

• Options
    Cheers for clearing that up Fanny... I thought it was the same thing but didnt realise it was a "fan award" thought it was more like the SPOTY Lifetime achievement award
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Thanks, Sam.

Who's the dobber, Dick ????? Someone earwigging a private conversation ???

Seriously, I was worried initially when the team was revealed with Callum, Simon & Marvin as starters. However, in my defence, I'd add that I was not alone....

However, as I'll always put my hands up & say, I know NOTHING.

• Options
    Take a bow FF. X
  • Options
    Just got three tickets. Fly in on Thursday night so will be a long session. Any charltonlife up early post bar pub. Last season ended up most of time in the Manchester with some lovely hen dos
  • Options

Thanks, Sam.

I'll look forward to it Fanny ;-))

• Options

dickplumb said:

Thanks, Sam.

Who's the dobber, Dick ????? Someone earwigging a private conversation ???

Seriously, I was worried initially when the team was revealed with Callum, Simon & Marvin as starters. However, in my defence, I'd add that I was not alone....

However, as I'll always put my hands up & say, I know NOTHING.

Yes I heard it from someone who shall remain nameless. Well done to you and the other
    Fans. The real hardcore supporters, I am a lightweight in comparison.
  • Options
    West side brandy boys enjoyed it, and got half cut(as usual)
  • Options
    I am very lucky to sit in the press box, but I take my hat off to all of those hard core fans that travel to away games week in and week out, I see so many familiar faces before games, when you have moments like yesterday in Sheffield it makes all those hours on trains or driving up motorways worthwhile.
  • Options
    Thanks for the plug Fanny. Another who deserves a mention is Karen Humphrey. She hasn't missed a game home or away for years despite being based in Swindon. Sadly, she has to travel alone these days as Alan (her dad) passed away in January.
  • Options
    Well said AFKA

We have a loyal 150 or so that literally go everywhere, whether we are top or bottom. My unc is one, cant remember the last time he missed a game

We have quite a few candidates for fan of the year...