Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chip on their shoulder much?

It seems we have an odd rivalry developing with the Sheff Weds.

I never realised how much they disliked us until reading their forum. As someone mentioned on another thread, fans of most other teams are fairly ambivalent about Charlton, but the massives....

Is it the fact we beat them to the L1 title a couple years ago?

Comments

• Options
    Forget the windbag wendies, they aren't even the biggest club in Sheffield.
  • Options
    Where have you been? There's been a rivalry for a while, starting from that L1 season for a number of reasons; Morrison/Semedo/Llera, then on the eve of our away game with them one of their posters belittled us and called them massive (which was funny for a while but the joke really has been done to death now) we beat them, they hated it. Then we beat them to the title and they hated it even more. They don't come across as a nice bunch of people, and seem to have stupidity in abundance. Google 'Sheff Weds tattoo wrong date' for evidence of the latter.
  • Options
    They hate everyone, don't even think they can help it
  • Options
    Will always remember the year we won the league 1 title, I went to the game at Hillsborough with my brother and Granddad as we come out of the ground, there was a women she must of been in her 80's, we was talking about the game she looked at us as was going on about us cheating as we was walking back to the car, made the three of us laugh so much.
  • Options
    Not surprised really, we beat them so often.
  • Options
    FFS the clue is inn their nick name "PIGS"
  • Options
    I don't hate them I quite like playing them

That time in 99 was annoying but the year we beat them in the fa cup at home two nil we ripped the shit out of them for ages on the trains away from the ground

It's just a bit of healthy banter and rivalry all clubs have a bogey team we are theirs
  • Options

oh dear. After reading all that i'm sure the Samaritans are going to be busy tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol what a prat
  • Options
    Brilliant :-D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    53 ain't bad either:

I honestly can see us smashing them for at least 6. Also every time we score the scorer should celebrate by swinging on the crossbar. Never have I been so confident before a game.

I'm actually laughing out loud reading all these.

As for that 'match preview', I reckon we'd even have been more complimentary about Palace!! Beyond belief!!!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Brilliant :-D
    Just superb, what a bunch of twats! hope they are all enjoying their Monday evening.

• Options
    Wow

'We need to get out of this tin pot league and tske our place back with the big boys who hsve some supporters'

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/212135-charlton-fans-at-hillsborough-today/
  • Options
    What is this timewasting thing?
  • Options
    A good excuse for losing.
  • Options

I still remember 99 when we lost to them and got relegated out of the prem and the SW fans at the valley were all taking the pi55 I never understood why, there was no obvious rivalry no need for it. Hated them ever since.

Sadie I was there, I can understand during the game but after they took the p and revelled in our demise. I already disliked them for the comments their chairman made about us in the 80's but that took the biscuit and dislike them with a vengeance.

• Options
    Made my day that forum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    It's a shame they feel like that. It's even more of a shame that only one poster had the grace to say "well done Charlton". I sometimes get annoyed with CL, but my god I'm glad you don't see much of that bitter sour grapes shit on here. We at least tend to look to our own shortcomings as a team, and occasionally identify the ref as being a bit crap. OK, quite a lot. But this spewing out of hatred and bile as if we somehow had the right to not be beaten - no. And so I just dislike them even more. I no longer think "proper club with passionate fans", I think "Millwall of the North".
  • Options
    I love playing Sheffield Wednesday to be honest. Who doesn't like getting an easy three points? Wish we could play them every week
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Where have you been? There's been a rivalry for a while, starting from that L1 season for a number of reasons; Morrison/Semedo/Llera, then on the eve of our away game with them one of their posters belittled us and called them massive (which was funny for a while but the joke really has been done to death now) we beat them, they hated it. Then we beat them to the title and they hated it even more. They don't come across as a nice bunch of people, and seem to have stupidity in abundance. Google 'Sheff Weds tattoo wrong date' for evidence of the latter.

I have seriously PMSL reading the tattoo thread on Owlstalk:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/166681-well-chuffed/

Quality!!!!
  • Options
    What a charming bunch of fans Wednesday have! Ha ha we won, you lost!

Steel City my arse!
  • Options

I still remember 99 when we lost to them and got relegated out of the prem and the SW fans at the valley were all taking the pi55 I never understood why, there was no obvious rivalry no need for it. Hated them ever since.

This with bells on.
    Always liked them before that day.
    Classless and unnecessary their behaviour then.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    I'm actually quite baffled - the whole fan base seems to be the same. How many excuses can you give before you realise 'hang on, they might have just deserved it all those times they beat us..'
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ...is it 'cause we is Laandahnas?
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

I have seriously PMSL reading the tattoo thread on Owlstalk:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/166681-well-chuffed/

Quality!!!!
    It is the gift that keeps on giving. The page is on my bookmarks and if ever I feel down I bring it up and read it.
  • Options
    "flipping hate charlton would love it if they went bust".

What a filthy club Wednesday are.