Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Honeymoon destination tips

I'm getting married in June, and looking at honeymoons at the moment - we're going away just after the wedding for a week in this country with our little un, and so we're looking to go away in 2015 just me and the Mrs (I think)

Looking for relaxing holiday in the sun, couple of excursions out type thing, all inclusive if possible, 2 weeks, about £3000-3500 I think.

Would be interested in people's recommendations to give us some ideas?

Comments

• Maldives - Bit of a journey but well worth it
  • I'm looking at Sardinia for mine. I'm just after nice beaches and good food though.
  • Barbados

Isn't that where sheep go on their holidays?
  • Barbados

Been - loved it but would like to try somewhere new!!
  • Santorini, my niece had her wedding there, it is a beautiful island and not as far as Barbados, Maldives etc, although they are beautiful places as well.
  • Take her to Mexico Tequilla
  • elounda,crete
  • Jamaica do good all inclusives. Check out Couples San Souci or Couples Swept Away. Would recommend both.

Also St Lucia. Lovely island. Not too sure what they have in the way of all inclusives.

Also Palm Island resort. St. Vincent & the Grenadines. All inclusive. Check it out.
  • I have travelled to 73 different islands/countries, including Mauritius and Seychelles. My favourite is the Maldives by a long way, but recognising that it is a "lay down and do nothing holiday". If you want more advice, you are welcome to message me. Wherever you go, enjoy!

• Sponsored links:

• Thailand... Koh Samui
  • edited April 2014
    www.greendragonbelize.com

Not relaxing but looks great and smashing CAFC link.
  • Did Jamaica for our honeymoon and would recommend. Admittedly it was 23 years ago but I still hear good reports. Do a two base holiday. ocho rios as a base for all the excursion stuff then Negril for a week on the beach. It's the dr No Ursula Andress beach!
  • PeterGage said:

I have travelled to 73 different islands/countries,

I bet you love a list :-)

• Impossible to recommend, everyone likes different things. We loved Cancun for ours. Choose the right complex and you don't really need much else, can be a sit and do nothing holiday as most complexes have 4 or 5 different restaurants. chuck in Chichen Itza for a bit of culture, speedboat / coral snorkel for a bit of fun, dolphin swimming for the misuses, and a couple of boozy nights outs and you can spread out a fortnight nicely.

Never been Caribbean , Maldives / Asia so can't really compare.
  • I'd say Thailand with some island hopping. That way you get the relaxation and sun plus new scenery from the balcony every few days.
  • Sheffield.
  • Cuba for something different.
    Ponta de Ganchos Brazil for a lifetime memory.
    Maldives is a standard guaranteed success.

PS I've been to 97 countries, if that has anything to do with it! ;-).
  • The Valley because after just ten minutes she'll will defiantly say "I'll do anything you want just get out of there!!!" And a promise is a promise
  • We're going to Galley Bay in Antigua for ours. Also been to Rendezvous in St Lucia a couple of times which is fantastic. Both resorts are all inclusive and couples only and should fit your budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Go see Andy hunt in Belize, not bee myself but heard good things.
  • Cheers for the tips - true on being hard to recommend AFKA, bit it'll give us ideas/places we might not have thought of.

Smiffyboy, been looking at Secrets Silversands, does look brilliant,but probably a grand or so too expensive!
  • Ponta de Ganchos Brazil for a lifetime memory.

That looks unbelievably good. But think £3000 per person per week is a bit out of my price range!!
  • Florida/ royal Caribbean cruise Oasis of the sea -- taking in Bahamas / St Thomas and St Martin --

That looks unbelievably good. But think £3000 per person per week is a bit out of my price range!!
    go on go on go on go on......you know you want to - shop around - under 2k pp is possible!

Cruise is a good call. That's what I did - Carribean on one of the best ships - well worth it and lots of photo opportunities.

go on go on go on go on......you know you want to - shop around - under 2k pp is possible!

Cruise is a good call. That's what I did - Carribean on one of the best ships - well worth it and lots of photo opportunities.

Haha!! Would love to but well out of my price range, especially as it looks like dinner, drinks etc are on top.

Not 100% sure about a cruise, nice to see a few places rather than one but prefer to be able to soak up the atmosphere rather than pop in and out of a place.

Haha!! Would love to but well out of my price range, especially as it looks like dinner, drinks etc are on top.

Not 100% sure about a cruise, nice to see a few places rather than one but prefer to be able to soak up the atmosphere rather than pop in and out of a place.
    Thought that was what a honeymoon was all about .....

:-)