Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crolla v Murray

Comments

• Murray just punched himself out in the end.
  • Shame as I really like John Murray great fight watched it this morning. Fair play to Crolla but I think a ring fit John Murray would have won
  • More than decent great fight came too soon for muzza as his lack of fuel caught him out

Quigg looked powerful last night which had been missing from his game
  • Corolla showed good maturity to work around his jabs for a few of the middle rounds and let Murray wear himself out. A fully fit Murray would have seen a different outcome I think.

Quigg looked good, but it was another belt defence against a fairly average opponent. At this stage I still think Frampton would beat him quite easily
  • I don't buy the frampton hype

Quite frampton and quigg wins
  • I said to the Mrs when Murray was well on top in the 4th "he'll lose this in the later rounds , proper blowing himself out"

Anyone see the Porter V Malinagi fight? Very good by Porter. Will be interesting to see him fight Kell Brooke next like he's meant to. As for Paulie I love him for his never say die attitude but I think this is it for him at the top level.
  • Porter v Brook will be very one-sided. Unless Brook improves by about 200% compared to his recent fights.
  • Paulie will go on to be a top pundit, he's a very likeable character.
  • Paulie is one of the best when he is on the mic. Love listening to him.

Crolla v Murray was a cracking fight, but as others have said, after an early onslaught it was clear to see Murray was going to struggle late on, providing Crolla could take what was being thrown at him.

Domestically, Mitchell and Burns are both levels above though IMO. Will be interesting to see where Crolla goes now, if he sets out for world level, what route he will take. (Mitchell going IBF and Burns looking like going WBC route).