Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ok Jose this is it

We need two wins min from the next four games------------------thats 2 WINS MINIMUM

++If Solly can run we need him out there
++ Wilson plays in front of Solly --- got that in FRONT of Solly
++ Cousins aint a WIDE player
++ No one gets rested --NO ONE ---4 games to go to stay up ---unless they are dead get em on the pitch.
++ AA his is a big unit--wipe his runny nose get him on the pitch make him play for 90 mins----90 MINS ON THE PITCH
++ Reza is an inside forward---NOT a WINGER---NOT a MID-FIELDER--------play him where he can DAMAGE teams (hopefully not us)
++ Its Church or Obika now with REZA got it ?
++ Use English of Flemish or Walloon(sic) tell Sordell to fuck off
++ Green as above ----they aint any help to our team
++ Morrison plays ---he PLAYS.
++ No weird subs----no uber technical boollox---- get the ball in the net FIRST-----play the team untill their legs fall off---4 GAMES to SAVE this football team.

GOT IT ?

Comments

• Options
    I say a win and a draw and we'll be fine.
  • Options
    Good summary of what most Addicks are currently thinking, Goonerhater !

Let's do it, Jose !!!!!

You know it makes sense !
  • Options
    I don't think Green was terrible when he came on yesterday. I don't think he could have done much. He had a fairly impossible brief. He actually retained possession and even won a header! A useful bench option. Obviously shouldn't start.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT: I'd get Pritchard back in the side, to enable Jackson to burst forwards more. His attacking threat has been non-existent recently, what with him playing as a defensive midfielder. Let Pritchard do his donkey work, and let him get forwards with purpose again.
  • Options
    Pritchard might not be a bad option against Wednesday - they are on a good run and frankly are any of us expecting much? His energy and break-up play might throw them off. He always gives 100%. He's not going to score, but he might be able to supply JJ, Wilson or Dervite (who are most likely to). Don't understand why he's had such a bad season TBH.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Think Hughes has more chance of starting than Pritchard
  • Options
    Pritchard might be a good call for rest of season - at least as sub replace for AA when he comes off.
    Thinking about it, if Solly and AA both play, then our subs during the game are very limited , as they would expect to come off.
    Oh, how we could do with at least one point on Monday.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I don't think Green was terrible when he came on yesterday. I don't think he could have done much. He had a fairly impossible brief. He actually retained possession and even won a header! A useful bench option. Obviously shouldn't start.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ALERT: I'd get Pritchard back in the side, to enable Jackson to burst forwards more. His attacking threat has been non-existent recently, what with him playing as a defensive midfielder. Let Pritchard do his donkey work, and let him get forwards with purpose again.

With both Cousins and Poyet good in defensive midfield we ought to be able to get Jacko forward more anyway. Not sure why that isn't happening much nowadays. Maybe Riga has given him a more conservative role? Maybe he is just too knackered?
  • Options
    Love the OP - it's all in our hands and Fox can cover the Wiggins injury so no excuses. Don't expect much on Monday but I do expect our club to be safe BEFORE Blackpool away - we have two home games vs mid table teams while others play playoff teams.
    Blackpool have won two in 27 FFS!
    We have a decent keeper, defence and central midfield - so all up to Riga to make the most and play whatever formation and players that squeezes out two 1-0 wins.
    We are down there for a number of reasons but we can finish this season calling it success if management and players deliver Championship football for next year.
  • Options
    You know that (just to indicate his current influence) Jose hasn't taken a single training session since his arrival right?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with you 100% gh.
  • Options
    A short time ago our goal difference was worth a point but after three 3-0 defeats quite close to each other, it's not far off all the others, though at the moment only Birmingham have a better GD than us.

So no more 0-3 results as that GD could well come into play at the end. That's my addition to Goonerhater's excellent list.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Pritchard involved again. At least you know he's going to be fresh and have lots of energy. He also always gives 100%. Against mid table teams, that extra effort and desire could make all the difference.
  • Options
    I'd play Pritchard too. I think JJ needs a rest and as AA can't do 90 minutes, they could share a spot which will increase their effectiveness and Cousins could be moved back into the middle.
  • Options
    This was how I saw it before the spanners beat Boro

http://www.castrust.org/2014/04/preview-sheffield-wednesday-away-swfc-cafc-drop-predictions/

Millwall result has drawn Doncaster in now

Still think a win and a draw and we've a very good chance
  • Options
    Agree with every point GH makes.

Amazes me how fans see it but the coaching staff don't. It was the same with Powell. I'm not saying the what we see is necessarily right, but it certainly seems to make the most sense.
  • Options

Agree with every point GH makes.

Amazes me how fans see it but the coaching staff don't. It was the same with Powell. I'm not saying the what we see is necessarily right, but it certainly seems to make the most sense.

It is strange, we are all armchair experts and often we do seem to make sense. It would be great to have a manager and a coiuple of fans do a post match analysis and understand why the manager does the things he does
  • Options
    GH they need to get you in the dressing room at half time to do the team talk.
  • Options
    What im saying is how i work---Keep It Simple Stupid !

4 games------ FOUR --- selection/tactics/fitness ,keep it simple------------no tinkering or "page 63" from the super technical FA Coaching manual.
  • Options
    Post of the year (so far) GH .. Riga needs to prove that he didn't get the job because he is an elegant, gracefully aging European who looks good in a suit, has a trés sexy accent and shares a forename with a geezer down the road who manages another Ch club in SW London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would add three things...

++ Get men in the box when we have the ball
    ++ Pass/cross/scuff/hoof the ball to said men
    ++ Said men need to hit the ball towards the white posts with the net thing
  • Options
    Can I add:

-Fine any player who passes the ball sideways or backwards, when a positive forward pass is on.

- Employ a couple of snipers to sit high in the stand, to shoot at the feet of any striker standing still and not making a run to receive a forward pass.

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Can I add:

-Fine any player who passes the ball sideways or backwards, when a positive forward pass is on.

- Employ a couple of snipers to sit high in the stand, to shoot at the feet of any striker standing still and not making a run to receive a forward pass.

Why not just get them to shoot our opponents?
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Can I add:

Why not just get them to shoot our opponents?
    I could think of some referees as well.

• Options
    Stick Dervite and Morrison up front and hit long high balls into the opposing box.
  • Options

Stick Dervite and Morrison up front and hit long high balls into the opposing box.

In that case, why not have Cort playing too, and then we could go the Wimbledon route !

• Options

We need two wins min from the next four games------------------thats 2 WINS MINIMUM

++If Solly can run we need him out there
    ++ Wilson plays in front of Solly --- got that in FRONT of Solly
    ++ Cousins aint a WIDE player
    ++ No one gets rested --NO ONE ---4 games to go to stay up ---unless they are dead get em on the pitch.
    ++ AA his is a big unit--wipe his runny nose get him on the pitch make him play for 90 mins----90 MINS ON THE PITCH
    ++ Reza is an inside forward---NOT a WINGER---NOT a MID-FIELDER--------play him where he can DAMAGE teams (hopefully not us)
    ++ Its Church or Obika now with REZA got it ?
    ++ Use English of Flemish or Walloon(sic) tell Sordell to fuck off
    ++ Green as above ----they aint any help to our team
    ++ Morrison plays ---he PLAYS.
    ++ No weird subs----no uber technical boollox---- get the ball in the net FIRST-----play the team untill their legs fall off---4 GAMES to SAVE this football team.

GOT IT ?

I would add, have shots at goal that are on target and with more power than a passback. Millwall have won a couple of games recently with deflected goals and we have had a number of goals scored against us via deflections. Can't hardly think of any deflected goals for us. 17 efforts on goal I understand against Bolton, I can't think of any that caused their keeper much concern. As the saying goes, if you don't buy a ticket you won't win the raffle. (Well something like that anyway).

• Options
    Top, top opening post.

I know he's not universally popular on here but, for me, Obika has to start up top, whether with AA behind him or Reza/Church alongside. He is the ONLY striker we have with a physical presence. I find it bizarre that he's not getting a run of games and when he does play he is shunted out to the left wing.
  • Options
    Agree. Riga is the biggest risk to staying up.
  • Options

In that case, why not have Cort playing too, and then we could go the Wimbledon route !

I actually added Cort as well at first, then I realised that we would no one left to play at the back. Anyway, my tongue is no longer in my cheek.