Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Other games today thread

Comments

• WSS said:

Middlesbrough should be beating teams like Millwall

And we should be beating teams like Barnsley at home?

• Results are going alright i think.
  • Feel dirty for hoping Millwall beat Donny on Monday now.
  • It is so close at the top for the 6th spot that if Boro turned it around they would only be 4 points off the play offs.

Hopefully they will pull it around 2nd half.

The good news is that we are the right side of Blackpool and our goal difference is 3 better than them . I feel 5 points in the next 3 games is what is required.
  • Yep, excellent Mowbray reference there from WSS
  • vffvff
    edited April 2014

Feel dirty for hoping Millwall beat Donny on Monday now.

Thing is Millwall results never do Charlton any favours. They win when you want them to lose and lose when you don't mind them winning. I fecking hate that team.

Come on Boro... get at least one goal back that will drop them below donny. On watching the Donnie game yesterday, they have enough attacking threat to cause Millwall real problems.
  • As excruciatingly bad the relying on other results is, unfortunately it is our only hope. We will not score another goal this season unless we have a bit of luck and the other side does it for us via an og. Hold on luck ? No chance, we are fecked! OR a penalty! Oh yeah got to get in the area first...

• Watching Forest vs Birmingham. Birmingham press but Forest spurn a one on one and excellent chance to go 2 up.
  • Nice to see Danny Holland's on the score sheet today
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall have hit a run of form and will stay up ....forget about them ....
  • Ipswich equalise through Wordsworth , we could do with a Tractor Boys win there , so Watford have no mathematical chance of the play offs when they visit us.
  • Running out of time for borough me thinks
  • Palace 1 up
  • Palace doing a Charlton in the PL
  • ct_addick said:

Millwall have hit a run of form and will stay up ....forget about them ....

Didn't we hit a run of form a few games back? All that optimism and Millwall gloating threads is all a bit cringe now.
  • edited April 2014
    We will go down I'm afraid. If you don't score you don't win and we need at least one if not two wins.
  • Being a Charlton supporter just continues to give. You think you have reached a low but even then the success of our rivals shows that our humiliation know no depths.
  • ct_addick said:

Didn't we hit a run of form a few games back? All that optimism and Millwall gloating threads is all a bit cringe now.
    No we didn't
    Got lucky playing Leeds and forest at the right time when both clubs were in turmoil!

• LenGlover said:

We will go down I'm afraid. If you don't score you don't win and we need at least one if not two wins.

agree with you Len, and we just can't keep relying on other teams around us to keep losing every week.

• Sponsored links:

• Still lots of twists and turns to come until the end of the season. We still have great chance to stay up.
  • WSS said:

Palace doing a Charlton in the PL

I cannot remember but we can't have gone on a run as smug as theirs.
  • ct_addick said:

No we didn't
    Got lucky playing Leeds and forest at the right time when both clubs were in turmoil!

ct_addick said:

No we didn't

That's right.

We don't win games by playing well we only win because the other team play shit or there in turmoil or there manager has just been sacked or we were just lucky and any other reason rather other than we won because we were the better team and we scored more goals than they did.

Is it only Charlton fans who think like this?
  • not many goals about in the 2nd halves of matches today
  • Middlesbrough are sh##e
  • Millwall coasting. Middlesborough not causing them any problem at all. What a difference to listening to us play in which case it would be panic stations and desperate clearances.
  • Bristol Rovers are losing 3-2 now - They will be playing Conference football next season I think.
  • Been following Millwall twitter feed they are comfortable.
  • Watford 3 Ipswich 1
  • 2-1 come on boro