Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21 5m
Ended!

what could it mean

Has he lost the beard
Is he leaving Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Britain's got talent has finished.
  • Options
    Maybe he was talking about Lucy Beale in Eastenders?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21 18s
    No just my shins guys... Hanging off! ill never end my relationship with Hughesy or Sully or my beard for that fact...
  • Options
    Watched a Bonnie & Clyde BBC docudrama this week .. the man responsible for their demise (i.e.killing them) was a retired Texas Ranger surname Hamer .. Let's hope that Cousin Ben has the same success catching everything that comes his way for the rest of the season and well into the future ... (b t w The B&C capturer did NOT have a bushy beard|)
  • Options
    Ben was waving at the end when the players come back out, I hope it don't mean he is off but think it was.
  • Options

Ben was waving at the end when the players come back out, I hope it don't mean he is off but think it was.

The reaction save he made in the first half was absolutely top class.

• Options
    He and Morrison looked very melancholy at the end.
  • Options
    I thought Hamer looked like he was saying goodbye at the end
  • Options
    Players always wave to the fans, may leave but I wouldn't read to much into that personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014

Players always wave to the fans, may leave but I wouldn't read to much into that personally.

I hope you are right but just think it was the last we have seen of him at the Valley in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    I doubt they're much wiser than we are with regards to their futures. Hopefully key players will sign new contracts over the next few weeks now that we're safe.
  • Options
    They wouldn't have been discussing anything with regard to their future when relegation was still threatening.

They'll get to the end of the season and all sit down one by one with RD and discuss their futures.

Don't read anything into people waving. They do it after most games and after every 'lap of honour'
  • Options
    I agree with AFL, they might be perhaps more nervous than usual with Roland making no bones about wanting to make an impact but Dervite said earlier this week that discussions weren't/aren't going ahead until the end of the season. Jackson signed on, Wiggins and Solly both signed on, we got some promising kids on longer contracts and we know that Dervite's agent at least has had overtures from the club... We've got a few months before we really start panicking/celebrating.
  • Options
    Quality save from Hamer.
  • Options
    Starting for Leicester against Stoke
  • Options

Radio 5live: "Ben Hamer, whose beard makes Moeen Ali's look like a goatee, starts for Leicester."

• Options
    Spoke to Ben yesterday. Really proud to see him play in the premiership and keep a clean sheet. Well done mate
  • Options
    Hamer for England!
  • Options
    Well done to the big bearded bench warmer. Keeping a clean sheet in the premier league. Nice one benny boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listened to Five Live on the way home tonight & heard that Leicester's 'keeper made 2 great saves near the end of the match to ensure the win.

Really pleased to hear it was "our" Ben !

Obviously grasped his chance to show what he can do with both hands....

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well Done Ben. All the best from Kev,Lol,Billy and Jim at the lib club
  • Options
    Nice, Ben, very nice.
  • Options

Listened to Five Live on the way home tonight & heard that Leicester's 'keeper made 2 great saves near the end of the match to ensure the win.

Really pleased to hear it was "our" Ben !

Obviously grasped his chance to show what he can do with both hands....

First time ever ;0)

Joke

• Options
    I'm sure when he went to Leicester he had hopes he wouldn't be second choice for long. Well done to him achieving that , now third choice.

To be fair to him I've still no idea why they brought Schwarzer in or why Hamer was dropped in favour of him.
  • Options
    Me too , Henderson doesn't blame everyone else on the pitch for every goal conceded.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I'm sure when he went to Leicester he had hopes he wouldn't be second choice for long. Well done to him achieving that , now third choice.

To be fair to him I've still no idea why they brought Schwarzer in or why Hamer was dropped in favour of him.

While Schmeichel was injured, Hamer was given the 1st team shirt ...... and they needed another keeper for the bench.
    Schwarzer, with decades of Prem experience, was signed as cover.

All a bit unlucky for Ben.

• Options
    Dont think Hamer did anything to warrant being dropped for Schwarzer. Think Pearson just panicked, It's not changed Leicesters fortune in any way whatsoever so would've been best keeping and giving the experience to an investment of a player in Hamer rather than a journeyman pro