Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Bolton

so was it a bore draw or should we have won by a country mile, pray do tell:

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely painful, not sure where our next goal is coming from and I fear for us now
  • Options
    Sounds very similar to Tuesday.

Regardless of how well you play, this part of the season is all about results. 1 point from two crucial home games against hardly impressive opposition is hugely disappointing.

The goal situation has gone well beyond a joke now.

Worried. Very worried
  • Options
    Was that pen looked it to me from where I was?
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited April 2014
    Should have won really, not sure why AA and Reza came off all went a bit flat after that. Church caused them problems just a shame he can't strike a ball properly. Poyet different class.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2014
    Awful yet again.

Baffling substitutions
    Baffling perseverance in playing it out wide only for our play to come to a halt due to lack of options
    Baffling decision on the penalty at first view

I can only see us staying up by drawing the rest of our games 0-0 and hoping for the best.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Should've had a penalty from my angle, though Church could've dived I guess...

Subs were puzzling, no idea why Reza was brought off and Church left on for longer... One is willing and able to shoot at goal, the other isn't.

Clean sheet is important but we desperately needed a goal. Couldn't create anything of note, Wingers are badly missed.
  • Options
    A point gained .. (could obviously have done with three) .. now let's see how Blackpool get on (live on SSports 1)
  • Options
    Blackpool game live on BEIN TV here in USA....come on Burnley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    That might turn out to be a very good point.

I thought we played some nice football ( much better than Tuesday ) , again without the end product but in the last 20 minutes we were dead on our feet so I will take the point.

It was never a penalty . Church slipped . Despite that he did ok.

Bolton were disappointing considering the players that they had out there.

Tonight I am a Burnley supporter.

How long before that moronic WUM from Sheffield turns up gloating ?
  • Options
    It's a pity the Barnsley game wasn't also 0-0. Things would look better. Lack of goals is still going threaten our survival most.
  • Options

Should've had a penalty from my angle, though Church could've dived I guess...

Subs were puzzling, no idea why Reza was brought off and Church left on for the 90. One is willing and able to shoot at goal, the other isn't.

Clean sheet is important but we desperately needed a goal. Couldn't create anything of not, Wingers are badly missed.

Church came off for Hughes later.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Subs were puzzling, no idea why Reza was brought off and Church left on for the 90. One is willing and able to shoot at goal, the other isn't.

Church wasn't left on for the 90.

He got taken off for Hughes when we really started going for it.
    Completely forgot about that one! Yeah didn't agree with that at all, Obika was far too isolated from that point onwards. Basically gave up the game and took a point
  • Options
    we took our biggest goal threat off for green who just seemed to loose the ball everytime he got it!
  • Options
    Only one team seemed to be wanting to win it towards the end, and they were playing in white.

At this rate, we'e going to end up relying on others not to pick up wins, when safety should be in our own hands.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Didn't get to the game but on paper a point against A decent Bolton team is a good result. Tuesday's cock up was more important in the scheme of things but today may still turn out to be an important result.
  • Options
    One point.
    Oh well, better than zilch
  • Options
    A decent, "stop the rot" performance but should have got more bodies forward against an extremely negative Bolton. AA had moments of real class in the first half and young Fox didn't look at all out of place. As mentioned by others, we lost our momentum with the subs. Church played ok...thought it was a pen but maybe he slipped. Looked solid at the back again. Once again, Cousins showed why he shouldn't be played on the right of midfield. I hope we can scrape enough points to stay up because we really can't score :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We looked knackered 2nd half, still at least we didn't lose. Onto Wednesday now and hope for a bit of luck
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    Thought we played ok and would've beaten Barnsley on Tuesday with a similar performance. Never mind, a point is a point.

From the NE quad, Church lost his standing foot on the slippery surface, no touch from the Bolton keeper = no penalty.

On to the next one. 5-6 more points needed.
  • Options
    Is it pick the subs out of a hat, or all part of Roly's grand plan to "save" £4M? Guess we will never really know...

The reporter on Radio 5 Live seemed pretty convinced re the penalty shout.
  • Options
    99% not a penalty I'm afraid. I saw Church's foot go under him as he tried to plant it.

Special mention for Fox. Very competent performance and we didn't miss Wiggins as much as I feared. Reminded me of Scott Parker in the way he carried himself around the pitch.
  • Options
    Amongst the gloom a point is what I would have taken this morning - to be honest the best thing was a clean sheet - keeping them will be vital now - well played Mr Fox.
  • Options
    Cousins had his worst game for us so far, needs to come back inside, Fox was more adventurous than Wiggins has been recently, Church looked better than Sordell does but doesn't actually cause the defence any worry, AA and Reza were more creative but drift in and out of the game too much, subs killed any momentum we had
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Could that have been anymore boring?
    How bad was cousins, couldn't pass it and had an awful touch.

It's alright though cos we got a free programme with some red in the middle
  • Options
    Pretty sure church dived to save himself the embarrassment of not being able to kick a ball hard enough to cross the line.

The dog finally got his tennis ball. And then swallowed the bloody thing.