Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks to that fat lump O'Grady.
  • Options
    Oh dear, not only deep in a relegation fight we lose our recognised LB. Cards seem stacked against us, Fox or Evina I guess will take over, but we could have done without this that's for sure
  • Options
    Fox is next in line. He's worked tremendously hard at his game and deserves his chance. He might struggle against a speedy winger, might not. Let's hope he has Jacko in front of him, although he did play a lot with Harriott in the youth teams. Puts over a decent cross and seems to have an ideal temperament.
  • Options

Oh dear, not only deep in a relegation fight we lose our recognised LB. Cards seem stacked against us, Fox or Evina I guess will take over, but we could have done without this that's for sure

You are right Red, but I am consoling myself with the fact that I had not expected to ever see Chris Solly again.

• Options
    Fox has been the one on the bench so he deserves the start.

Alternatively I'd move Jacko to left back and play Astrit Poyet Cousins Wilson as our midfield 4
  • Options
    can anyone tell me how Wiggy got injured, I seem to have missed it
  • Options
    id play solly there and wilson rb
  • Options
    We need Solly and Wilson on the right together so need to play someone else on the left, probably Fox. There's no way Jackson can play left back anymore.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

id play solly there and wilson rb

no no and no again.....lets play a LB at LB!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Fox for me with Lennon on the bench as back up.When I have seen him at U18 and U21 level I have been impressed. I only hope he has the confidence to play his natural game and get forward. Evina looked the shadow of last season's player when he got in the side a few months ago.

At this level I do not think Jackson ever could play there.Remember it was when we were in League One that Parky brought him in on loan when Grant Basey got injured. Hopefully his experience will be able to help Morgan though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please dear god, do not play Evina.

I think if Evina, Harriot and Church are ever in the starting XI together, I will write it off as a 4-0 loss and go home.
  • Options

That fat fake Ricky Fuller trod on wiggins' foot

• Options

He jumped for a ball after about 80 minutes at left back with O'Grady. The CF landed on his foot, and he immediately signalled that it was the end of his game. He was asked to carry on by EO (as we had no subs left) but said he couldn't. My first thought was broken bone on foot, after seeing how it happened. Complete accident by the way...

• Options
    Really really bad news, super unfortunate for us and him, one of a very few tied down to a contract too..
  • Options
    definitely NOT NOT NOT Evina .. he is simply useless .. Fox it must be with Lennon as a good second option
  • Options
    Good chance for fox
  • Options
    thanks Pedro
  • Options
    Hope it's not one of the same bone's he broke against Palace.
  • Options
    When wiggins got injured away to Wigan Harry Lennon came on and gave a good account of himself ain't seen him since ?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As an aside, assuming Evina doesn't play, as I think we all suspect, then it puts all of the fuss about his contract negotiations last summer into perspective. It now appears that the money spent on the contract eventually agreed was largely wasted.

The same might be said of Gower and Hughes and even Holland and Green, though it may have been impossible to offload the latter. It makes me wonder whether we could have "wheeled and dealed" more effectively last summer. Could the money saved on these players have then been spent on just one or two players who would have actually improved the squad? I don't know, but given that money was very tight, the budget allocated to them certainly didn't help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As an aside, assuming Evina doesn't play, as I think we all suspect, then it puts all of the fuss about his contract negotiations last summer into perspective. It now appears that the money spent on the contract eventually agreed was largely wasted.

The same might be said of Gower and Hughes and even Holland and Green, though it may have been impossible to offload the latter. It makes me wonder whether we could have "wheeled and dealed" more effectively last summer. Could the money saved on these players have then been spent on just one or two players who would have actually improved the squad? I don't know, but given that money was very tight, the budget allocated to them certainly didn't help.

I know what you're saying but doubt any of the above are on good money. Hollands and Green were still under contract as far as I can remember? In which case, the stumbling block would have been finding somebody else to take them on the same terms.
  • Options

Good points, Mundell. For all his qualities and notwithstanding the constraints on money and time, Powell made some ineffective signings. Apart from Evina, Gower and Hughes, I would add Pritchard, Church, Sordell, and Jordan Cook to the list of disappointments.

• Options

Good points, Mundell. For all his qualities and notwithstanding the constraints on money and time, Powell made some ineffective signings. Apart from Evina, Gower and Hughes, I would add Pritchard, Church, Sordell, and Jordan Cook to the list of disappointments.

True Viewfinder, but he was shopping at Iceland's with coupons, what did you expect ?
  • Options

Agree with this, apart from Pritchard. I thought he done a good job for us in league 1 and last year.
  • Options

How many assists did Pritchard get last season?
  • Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing and what might be clear now wasn't necessarily obvious last summer. However, the key point is that there are several players using up precious wage bill who are simply nowhere near the first team squad. Evina, Gower, Hughes, Hollands, Green (though he has played), Pritchard and Cook, for example. Their wages represent dead money.

The question then is whether that wage bill might have been used more effectively on a smaller number of better players - though, of course, it may not have been possible to offload those who were already under contract.

I have no doubt that when Duchatelet discovered this situation he'd have been very unimpressed.
  • Options
    Surely every club has players that are no longer, or never were, good enough for the first team? RD hasn't exactly helped adding a load more players that aren't close to getting a game.
  • Options

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and what might be clear now wasn't necessarily obvious last summer. However, the key point is that there are several players using up precious wage bill who are simply nowhere near the first team squad. Evina, Gower, Hughes, Hollands, Green (though he has played), Pritchard and Cook, for example. Their wages represent dead money.

The question then is whether that wage bill might have been used more effectively on a smaller number of better players - though, of course, it may not have been possible to offload those who were already under contract.

I have no doubt that when Duchatelet discovered this situation he'd have been very unimpressed.

However, far from rectifying the problem, RD seems to have compounded it.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the players who have signed long contracts (Wiggins and Solly), have both been unlucky with injuries this season. Perhaps it will be best not to give out any more until end of season
  • Options
    Wasn't Holland and Green on the way to Swindon during the previous transfer window last summer or last season and the football league didn't sanction it as it wasn't done in time??