Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hats off to Palace!

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

40 points, first time they've ever survived a Prem season. Something completely different about them this season and I unreservedly congratulate them.

Some people will type anything to up their 'abuse' count ;-)
    Am starting to think Riviera is on a promise of a blowjob for every flag he gets.
  • Options
    This thread needs to be buried at sea along with bin Laden.

I will say though, that Tony Pulis has proven himself to be a very good manager considering the circumstances.

• Options
    I've always admired Palace and Millwall tbh
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Is this a joke? Why is there so much love for Palace all of a sudden?

Love?
    It's an honest appreciation of an achievement by a football club. Ok maybe they are our local rivals but sometimes you need to put personal differences aside and acknowledge, in the spirit of sport, what others have managed to realise.
  • Options
    Wow! Palace? Really? Who seriously gives a flying f@&k?!?!
  • Options
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Three men stand out for me;

Jason Puncheon has been fantastic and has given them the cutting edge they didn't possess early in the season. Just shows what a good manager can do with a seemingly out of sorts player. Perhaps someone will work a similar miracle with Danny Green?!

Is that the same Jason Puncheon we were about to sign under Parkinson then Parky got sacked? Yep
  • Options

Good one Chirpy, you closet stripey, you.

Bournemouth, congratulations on your 7,000th visit.

Just seen that....wasted it on Chirpy's Palace appreciation thread though :-(
  • Options
    Wouldn't be there if they had not gone bust, wiped out their creditors, including charities and ripped off the tax man (that is you and me).

I remember the yr Sheff Wed were relegated mainly because they were struggling under their debt whereas Palace were wiping their slate clean.

They are now spending millions in the PL with no second thoughts.

Nothing to admire or congratulate there.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be there if they had not gone bust, wiped out their creditors, including charities and ripped off the tax man (that is you and me).

I remember the yr Sheff Wed were relegated mainly because they were struggling under their debt whereas Palace were wiping their slate clean.

They are now spending millions in the PL with no second thoughts.

Nothing to admire or congratulate there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless you are one of the top six, life in the Premiership is temporary. With each year spent making up the numbers at the top table the inevitable fall is much greater. Only in palaces case it will be another bout of administration.
    They need to redevelop their ground, to bring it inline with the rest of modern world, buy better players and pay all their staff the going rate. All this will require one hell of a financial juggling act. Their Curbs will move on at sometime and with our excellent manager wanting to move closer to the continent, they will poach him.
  • Options
    Incredible turn around. If Liverpool don't win the league he's a sure in for manager the season.

Stripey wankers.
  • Options
    Hats off??? My arse!!

OK they've had a good run since Pulis took over - doesn't mean I'm bothered.

Personally, I'd like more incidents of the "Brighton Welcome" for them with their dressing room decorated in turds.... ;-)

Rant mode off....
  • Options
    Whilst I am definitely not a palace fan I have to admire what pulis has done
    Has totally turned what seamed impossible into reality and just showed what a experienced manager can do?and as much as I hate to say it play proper football,to pull
    Off that result away from home to inform Everton was some achevment
    Deserves manager of the season
  • Options
    They've got a first class pitch too (one for the oldies)
  • Options
    I passionately despise palace, everything about them just screams out MUG. The cheerleaders, the 'ultras', the goal music, the announcer, south london and proud on the back of their shirt (we all know they're from surrey). Could they be more annoying?

But I do reckon Pulis might just be in the top 10 managers if the world, he's just unfortunate he's some northern pe teacher lookin geezer and not Tonetta Pulisa
  • Options
    Well done for an intelligent comment. We used to be a Club that people admired, now we have to look and see who and how smaller Clubs can survive at the top. Palace and Southampton share having achieved a very strong Academy. Add to that a strong Manager and you have the receipe for success. I believe that Roland understands that, and frankly rather than maintaining ridiculous emnity we should get ourselves around successful Clubs whoever they are, and learn.
  • Options
    Pulis is obviously a better manager than I gave him credit for! I just associated him with hoofball and that long throw merchant?
  • Options

Pulis is obviously a better manager than I gave him credit for! I just associated him with hoofball and that long throw merchant?

Maybe a media misconception re: Stoke?

His teams play with tempo, get the ball forward early to forwards who can hold it, he has midfielders that are fit and get up in support and get the ball out to wingers who are pacey and can cross/score goals. In defence, they keep their shape, have defenders that can defend first, attack second and his teams work really hard to get the ball back. In other words, he chooses to keep it simple and as such is well suited to the domestic game. David Moyes didn't do it a whole lot different to that at Everton.

As for Rory Delap. He was a decent experienced full-back and the throw was a brilliant weapon. Not only did he create a number of goals with it but it also served to push the opposition back about another 15-20 yards (off-side law). Wish we had someone like that....we might actually see the ball in the opposition's penalty area for a bit!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Simonsen said:

His teams play with tempo, get the ball forward early to forwards who can hold it, he has midfielders that are fit and get up in support and get the ball out to wingers who are pacey and can cross/score goals. In defence, they keep their shape, have defenders that can defend first, attack second and his teams work really hard to get the ball back. In other words, he chooses to keep it simple and as such is well suited to the domestic game. David Moyes didn't do it a whole lot different to that at Everton.

As for Rory Delap. He was a decent experienced full-back and the throw was a brilliant weapon. Not only did he create a number of goals with it but it also served to push the opposition back about another 15-20 yards (off-side law). Wish we had someone like that....we might actually see the ball in the opposition's penalty area for a bit!

Christ, why don't you just marry him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mind you it probably helps knowing the opposition's starting line up in advance.

• Options
    What most annoyed me about last night is that this means Arsenal will make the Champions League. B*stards.
  • Options
    Bore off!
  • Options
    I have to say that I dislike Palace intensely, but they got the right man to manage the club. When Pulis took over I recall saying that they stood a more than decent chance of surviving with him. They have achieved with something to spare.
  • Options
    Ignore the 'Surrey' thing and they are indeed 'number 1 in south London'.

Oh how the tables have turned over the last eight years. Look at them last night and think of our position and what we witnessed Tuesday night.

Well done, Richard.

• Options
    Why don't we have a thread congratulating all the other sides that have stayed up?

They will never be South London.
  • Options
    8 seasons and counting above us

an absolute disgrace

All Curbishley's miracles up in smoke

the one thing we had was better home numbers than them obviously that's gonna be gone for a good good few years now

we are a smaller club than palace ffs

repeat to self , at least it's not the scum , at least it's not the scum ...........................

and breathe
  • Options
    T
    Croydon said:

Simonsen said:

Christ, why don't you just marry him?
    That'd be bigamy. I'm already married to Jim Cannon....
  • Options
    The Premier League is bloody strange this year. 40 points is often touted as being the threshold for survival but the teams in the relegation zone will only just clear that mark even if they win all of their remaining games. Palace are on 40 points with 4 to play and are 11th!
  • Options
    :o)