Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sea of red ! Friday

@CAFCofficial: SEA OF RED: Charlton fans urged to turn The Valley into a #SeaOfRed for Bolton visit --> http://t.co/7BcBW3uwyh #cafc http://t.co/138P8pinhg

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    @CAFCofficial: SEA OF RED: All fans to be given free #SeaOfRed themed Valley Review ahead of Bolton match --> http://t.co/7BcBW3uwyh #cafc

And a free program for everyone , I'm
    Sure people will moan that the operation things havnt worked in the past but it will look good when the teams come out . With everyone holding up the middle pages of the program .
  • Options
    Any flags etc should be brought along too!
  • Options
    Hope.
    It kills you know!
  • Options
    Katrien should personally go through the effort of organising it so that the west stands cards work out to show ' my only desire '
  • Options
    In all seriousness the team need our support more than ever. We should be doing all we can as fans of this club to help, people underestimate the role of the so called 12th man. We need as much noise, colour and more noise on Friday as possible so get involved!
  • Options
    We should all wear red every game (scarves/shirts/jackets whatever) . We are no Anfield but as a player its better to look at the team colours (red/white) in the stands than at a 'come as you are' looking like a neutral. Declare your support any which way you can and not just this Friday.
  • Options
    Norwich always stand out to me, (maybe because it is such a bright colour), but it looks like at least 90% of fans behind the goal wear the replica top
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might start off with a sea of red but that could soon turn into a sea of charlton fans waving white flags if Bolton go 2-0 up by halftime. They have good players
  • Options
    It's going to be a bit busy around The Valley on Friday afternoon as we'll be collecting votes for POTY too !
  • Options
    I'm going Lingfield instead, given up on this season and lost faith in Charlton FC overall, with the way I've been treated by the ticket office.
  • Options
    My top has Yanns name on the back so been covering it up since he left

But not Friday I shall wear it with pride Sea Of Red is a great idea
  • Options
    sea of dread
  • Options
    Everyone bring a bog roll too..
  • Options
    do they want everyone to turn up in a home shirt so they can pick a starting 11 out from the stands, i know we have had a lot of games recently but i didnt think we were that desperate for fresh players!..... ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Some people will think its good some bad , it is probably a bit silly but like it says on the official site it shows solidarity with the team , so I think people should wear red whether it's a coat, jumper , replica shirt or whatever and if not then buy a flag or scarf from the club shop and show the players we are behind them after all players like Jackson, Morrison and the academy lads deserve it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jokes aside, what about that big massive charlton flag that used to get passed around back in the good days. Where's that?
  • Options
    There are not enough people in the ground to pass it around anyway.

Think it could be a bit mouldy now if it's been locked away in some shed.
  • Options
    You can take my vote Fanny, I'll be the one wearing red.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

This is outrageous: Right up until yesterday I was expecting to pay £3 for a programme each week and had budgeted accordingly. Now, with virtually no notice, the club have said they are just going to hand me a copy for free. I'm fuming.

I normally buy a program so it's quite handy aswell .
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

This is outrageous: Right up until yesterday I was expecting to pay £3 for a programme each week and had budgeted accordingly. Now, with virtually no notice, the club have said they are just going to hand me a copy for free. I'm fuming.

Excellent - you can bet someone will moan about it
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In fact to make it easier for the generally miserable and club haters, here are some pointers for the moaning:

It's the wrong red

People who don't normally buy a programme will just discard theirs and cause litter

The programme loses collectability value due to the numbers

I'm being treated unfairly as I can't get to the game

RD is only doing it as a feeder programme idea

G21 didn't sanction the idea

• Options
    PL54 - you missed out the big one:
    I got held up by the bank holiday traffic and by the time I got to the ground the plastics had taken all the programmes. There were none left and I always get a programme. It's wrecked my collection. Why didn't the club realise this would happen and print an extra 2mn copies just to be on the safe side?
  • Options

It's going to be a bit busy around The Valley on Friday afternoon as we'll be collecting votes for POTY too !

Has there been a one