Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options
    Must admit I have been a sceptic but hats off to the lad. Needs sone intensive coaching to file off the rough spots but could be an assert yet - bugger me he's just got a hat trick!!!
  • Options
    Shocking performance today from Callum, how he gets in the team is beyond me.
  • Options
    I fear that he's earned himself a new contract, and next year we will get another 40-odd games of dross.
  • Options
    always had it in him, thought he was shot of confidence. Fair play to him and riga who's backed him after some shit performances. As i said, he's young and he's a winger. He's going to be inconsistant or he'd be in the prem.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I fear that he's earned himself a new contract, and next year we will get another 40-odd games of dross.

He's already got a contract beyond this season.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Got another 2 years on his current contract.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cut the bloke some slack, he's only 20 years old, were you good and consistent at anything when you were that age?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

cut the bloke some slack, he's only 20 years old, were you good and consistent at anything when you were that age?

I do wonder if people realise what they were like at 19, while lambasting ch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Do you want me to answer that!
  • Options
    Riga said he would find the solutions in the squad that he had, the turnaround has been amazing. Well done Callum for believing after Barnsley. I would gutted if Jose isn't in charge next year.
  • Options
    Dave, if your mind is going where I think it's going, can we keep consistency out of it please?
  • Options
    I have to put my hands up and confess that I've been far from convinced. That said, while scoring five goals in a week is fantastic for him, it doesn't mean his lack of awareness and poor decision making is behind him.

What might be more important and positive is the head coach. Riga has made some comments about Harriott which suggest he knows what his weaknesses are and, presumably, that he's focused on addressing them. I have no evidence for this view, but I have an intuition that if Riga stays we'll see our younger players develop more quickly than has been the case in recent seasons.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I do wonder if people realise what they were like at 19, while lambasting...
    You class that as lambasting? Really? I don't dislike the kid. I respect his effort. I hope he has a long and fruitful career, and comparing myself to him at 19 is just stupid.

I think he's consistently been very, very poor this season. He's in the team because of our desperate need for numbers, not especially by merit.

That said it's great that he's had an excellent finish, but I'd rather we were not in a position to have him do that again next season, or the season after. Five in two does not suddenly make him a worthy, capable winger, and I didn't seen anywhere near enough potential to assume he's going to become a mainstay.

I haven't booed him, havent vocalised my feelings in public, and made minimal comments on this board. But I have every right to say that I would rather not gamble our league place based on two good performances in 46 games.
  • Options
    We still need another option for the left next season. Wingers are inconsistent geneally and I'm sure there will be times next season where he needs to come out of the team. Right now though, he has earned his place with a number of good recent performances. Well done young man.
  • Options
    I wonder if we played him upfront what he'd play like
  • Options
    have a day off jimmy
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

You class that as lambasting? Really? I don't dislike the kid. I respect his effort. I hope he has a long and fruitful career, and comparing myself to him at 19 is just stupid.

I think he's consistently been very, very poor this season. He's in the team because of our desperate need for numbers, not especially by merit.

That said it's great that he's had an excellent finish, but I'd rather we were not in a position to have him do that again next season, or the season after. Five in two does not suddenly make him a worthy, capable winger, and I didn't seen anywhere near enough potential to assume he's going to become a mainstay.

I haven't booed him, havent vocalised my feelings in public, and made minimal comments on this board. But I have every right to say that I would rather not gamble our league place based on two good performances in 46 games.
    Harriott set up 2 for Sordell against Chef Wednesday if memory serves me right?
  • Options
    The Harriot/Sordell combination has been instrumental in keeping us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

have a day off jimmy

Who are you?
  • Options

The Harriot/Sordell combination has been instrumental in keeping us up.

Conversely, they were instrumental in us being down there in the first place.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

So that's three good games...

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

1StevieG said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Sheffield Wednesday in the cup.
  • Options
    Someone got out of the wrong side of bed.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

mrbligh said:

have a day off jimmy

Who are you?
    Keep it lighthearted chaps we don't need a mutiny :-0
    PS I'm related to Fletcher Christian by the way.
  • Options
    If cups are included that's four in 49... We're on a roll here...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

If cups are included that's four in 49... We're on a roll here...

Harriot featured very little under Powell and only came back into the team towards the end of Powell's tenure. How can you blame him for our poor season? Perhaps if Powell had placed a little more faith in him, he might have performed like he has in the past two games.

• Options
    Oh I'm not blaming him for the entirety of the season at all. I'm saying his performances, until the last week, didn't warrant us pursuing his further employment, and I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we won't see the same form we saw this week in the future. If Powell didn't pick him then he wasn't doing well enough behind the scenes to warrant being in the side, so I say again, I'd prefer we replaced him, and I haven't been seduced by a short term burst of goals.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

1StevieG said:

JiMMy 85 said:

shine166 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's three good games in the last four or five once a new head coach has had a chance to talk to Sordell and Harriot and have an impact.
    Will Riga stay? Can we cut a deal with Bolton for Sordell? Because for me that is two more positions nailed for next season that will get us to mid table or better. Add that to Wilson, Solly, Jackson, Cousins, Wiggins/Fox and whoever is retained at centre back and I see the basis of a decent Charlton team.