Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options
    I have watched Callum since he played in the U16s and he really excited me first time I saw him. But he still makes the same mistakes as he did five years ago. He runs down blind alleys doesn't know when to release the ball and his crossing is poor. You would have thought the coaching staff would have worked on him, but still the same mistakes.
    Cally Messi my arse.
  • Options
    Ok no excuse not to make the header last night but, the manager is doing him no favours keep playing him out of position on the right.

As stated earlier on this thread, he switched just before being sub andd went past the full back and cut the ball back naturally on his left peg.

He is still a young player with a lot to learn. However he still has a lot to offer if used on the left.
  • Options
    I have read a lot of people saying Harriott looked better when switched to the left shortly before being yanked off. In that he did not show an abysmal first touch, fall over, try a failed step-over, loose possession, he did, yes. But at some point he had to do someone right and on the evidence of the first 50+ minutes it was unlikely to get better.
  • Options
    A professional footballer on several thousand pounds a week should be able to kick the ball perfectly with both feet no excuses, that's like me saying sorry I didn't screw that screw in properly it needed a flat head screwdriver I can only use a Phillips utter utter bullshit
  • Options
    I wondered how long it would take for someone to role out the twitter crap.

Is the kid not meant to have a social life?

I follow him on twitter and he is no 'cockier' than any 20 year old kid. If anything when talking to other players within the squad he comes across as being quite shy.

He replys to or retweets other cafc fans, talks about other football or his family. I think the worst thing I've seen him say is KMT which i hate, but i think thats a background thing i don't get.

Same as Hamer, pointing to their twitter is a cop out.
  • Options
    Started the season poorly. Got dropped and was hoping the hunger would come back but never did. Happy to admit I got carried away with him last season and thought he could be top draw.

Was hoping that with RD take over in January, the squad could be improved and allow him a loan move away but was not possible.

5 games to go and he's badly out of form. Miss every chance he gets and offers nothing. The new Lloyd Sam.
    Cannot be starting on the right for us again. It's like watching Wagstaff on the left for us. IT DOES NOT WORK

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

A professional footballer on several thousand pounds a week should be able to kick the ball perfectly with both feet no excuses, that's like me saying sorry I didn't screw that screw in properly it needed a flat head screwdriver I can only use a Phillips utter utter bullshit

Your right of course professional footballers should be able to use both feet, but the reality 99% of them in our squad can't and the same is probably true of other clubs in our division.

In any case it is more than using both feet for a winger. You shield the ball and have a natural balance to go round players on your stronger side. On the right he will naturally turn inside and that opens him up to the covering player.
  • Options
    I'd rather he regains his confidence in the reserve side than at the expense of the first team fighting for survival in the Championship.

If he was Danny Green someone would have gone on the pitch and attacked him, lucky for him he's from the academy.
  • Options
    Riga picked him right wing where he has proven time and again he can't cut it. At half time it imagine Riga said, I'm going to move y to the left to see if you are better,when he was he was subbed and then ignored by the boss. Poor managementas well as a poor performance from CH.

I still think he will come good and hope it is with us.
  • Options
    For me, his value is as an impact sub. It seems he can't be effective when he starts. Hamer and Harriott strike me as the two players who rely on confidence to perform. Once that's gone, they pretty much put in 'car crash' performances. Harriott should be more reliable than he is proving by now in the starting line up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We must be realistic about Callum.
    OK He came through the system and therefore he will always get that extra support from the fans, even the benefit of the doubt that other players don't get.
    But the chances he has missed have cost us BIG TIME.

Sheff Utd away - a game where we were well in control. An open goal on his favoured left peg, if that goes in ( which it should of) and they crumble and we march off to Wembley.

Millwall - a woeful side who were never going to score against us that day, he scores that and we have a vital 3 points. But no.

Last night The worst of all.
    How does he miss that header?! In such a vital game.

He is a boy, and he will always be a boy.
    Ship him out... not up to it, just another Wagstaff..pace to burn but not good enough in general.
  • Options
    Control is poor.

Awareness is poor. This is because he runs with his head down to control the ball. If you're not capable of looking up, you'll never be making decent passes/crosses.

Finally, what I don't think has been mentioned, is that his girlfriend has been pregnant all this season & he has recently become a dad (I believe).

I'm pretty sure this would effect a lot of people's work performance.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Your right of course professional footballers should be able to use both feet, but the reality 99% of them in our squad can't and the same is probably true of other clubs in our division.

In any case it is more than using both feet for a winger. You shield the ball and have a natural balance to go round players on your stronger side. On the right he will naturally turn inside and that opens him up to the covering player.
    I would have settled for him mastering one foot last night ...
  • Options
    Agreed Wilson should be out first choice RM.
  • Options
    Got too cocky for his own good now his confidence is shot he looks shocking always getting caught out and now is the scapegoat
  • Options
    Got to be honest I don't even think he is quick.

He is going through a terrible spell & should not be starting.

I blame Riga for putting him under more pressure than he needs, he should never have started on Tuesday & was instrumental in costing us the game with a terrible miss.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have watched Callum since he played in the U16s and he really excited me first time I saw him. But he still makes the same mistakes as he did five years ago. He runs down blind alleys doesn't know when to release the ball and his crossing is poor. You would have thought the coaching staff would have worked on him, but still the same mistakes.
    Cally Messi my arse.

Yep has to change that name cally messi, second division player at best, utter utter shit, always throwing his arms up in thr air as if its someone elses fault.
    Riga got it so wrong on Tuesday, reza should of been on from the start, Wood is crap and Hamer belives the hype and obika is absolute dog turd.
  • Options
    He's shit, he hasn't progressed from the headless chicken 17 year old we used to see in pre season friendlies. Every touch, flick, stopover, feint and turn he screwed up last night, couldn't pass the ball 5 yards and started to hide behind his full back when he realised the crowd were on to him. The header summed him up, and I personally think he needs to go out on loan somewhere next season before playing in the first team again
  • Options
    Confidence is shot...has the ability. If stay up, he should go out on loan to get some confidence as has the skill. If go down he would be very good league one player. Reminds me of Lloyd Sam a bit...hot and cold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he is not good enough end of
  • Options
    After a couple of days of reflection I do feel bad for him. The sarcastic cheer when he came off must of hurt, hope he can bounce back and prove the ability we know he has
  • Options
    It sounds to me like Harriott is suffereing from a couple of things - 1) that we have a small squad in which he is our only natural left winger 2) second season syndrome.

In an ideal world, when a young player like him suffers a bit of a confidence crisis you take him out of the team for while, let him play some reserve games or maybe send him out on loan somewhere, but we can't do that as he is one of only a couple of options in his position and we also have a fixture pile-up that means everyone has to play their part.

It doesn't seem to me like the kid his hiding in games and is putting the effort in so he deserves our support. Last season showed he can make an impact at this level but young players are inconsistent and wingers doubly so.

We are really starting to pay the price for our inadequate action in the transfer market over the last 2 or 3 windows. Trying to pick out individual players to blame is counter productive at this time - you only have to look at the variety of suggested line-ups on the Bolton preview thread, all of them which look weak, inexperienced and/or unbalanced, to see that the problem is with the squad as a collective, not the individuals within it.
  • Options
    He'll be decent in L1 next season, either with us or on loan if we stay up.

Not there yet but probably played more games than he would have if we'd either invested in the squad or kept a few players on from last season.
  • Options
    Your having a Giraffe.

We've now gotta keep hold of him.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Praise to Riga for this turn in fortune. Harriot always looked like he had it in his locker. Riga seems to have found the key that opens the door.
  • Options
    Congratulations on a fantastic week Callum. Well done!
  • Options
    5 in 2? Is the World Cup Squad still out of reach?
  • Options
    Amazing what a bit of confidence does for you, isn't it?
  • Options
    Hatrick...unbelievable.

Riga....5 year contract on the dot please.