Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players need a bit of TLC...

...,I don't mean cuddles and kisses but the right kind of managemnt. Last night was a big, big set back and we need to make sure the heads stay up and focus stays so we can get enough point from these last 5 games. I believe they have the character but this feels one of their biggest test as a group of lads. Overall they are honest boys who want to do well. We have seen they are capable of doing it ie Leeds, Forest, QPR. We need to keep them focused and make they get too down hearted. We know they are prone to suspect performances as well but it's now about taking it one game at a time and keeping the belief. We can go one of two ways after last night. Feel sorry for themselves and collaps or use it as one last kick to push on. Bolton don't have a lot to play for now. They are safe and too far adrift of the play-offs. We just have to keep them going.

Comments

• We need Bolton "to do a Leicester" when they played Brighton and lost 1-4 at home. Maybe they will play a few youngsters in view of their safe league position and give us a better chance. BUT, where will our goals to come from?????? Beginning to think someone else's earlier suggestion (a joke I think) of playing 5-5-1 in the remaining games might be the best tactic to stay up! Dreadful times. Anyway, I hope we can pull it off by winning a few and enjoy a Summer of rebuilding the team for a less stressful and stronger season in the Championship next season.
  • ...,I don't mean cuddles and kisses but the right kind of managemnt. Last night was a big, big set back and we need to make sure the heads stay up and focus stays so we can get enough point from these last 5 games. I believe they have the character but this feels one of their biggest test as a group of lads. Overall they are honest boys who want to do well. We have seen they are capable of doing it ie Leeds, Forest, QPR. We need to keep them focused and make they get too down hearted. We know they are prone to suspect performances as well but it's now about taking it one game at a time and keeping the belief. We can go one of two ways after last night. Feel sorry for themselves and collaps or use it as one last kick to push on. Bolton don't have a lot to play for now. They are safe and too far adrift of the play-offs. We just have to keep them going.

Thought provoking post, AddickFC81.

Can't argue with your description of our lads but as you imply, there are only human.

The positive here is that both Damien & Alex know these players well and will build up renewed fight/desire/self belief in them.

I've quoted on here before that SCP told me a year ago "We nearly lost him (Callum H) but Alex and me worked with him & we now have him back on track" .....That may raise a few lols after last night's performance but it indicated to me that the lad's head had not been in the right place after he broke into the first team. Maybe some further efforts are now required from the management team & I'm sure they will continue to do the very best they can .

Having JJ & Hughsey on board is another plus as has been well documented so I'd guess their talents off the pitch will be required x 100 at this worrying time.

But regardless of what some supporters say ( "They are pros's ! Should be able to play 7 games a week !") I can't get away from the toll these final crucial games are taking on both their bodies & their heads. The youngsters will never have faced a situation like this before, and would have certainly been rested for a game or two by now if there was more depth in the squad. And, the "older" players ( sorry, JJ ) however fit, must be feeling the strain on their legs & running on empty at times.

But, we have what we have - there's nothing else unless more of the Development Squad are drafted in to see if they can do a job.

So, yes. TLC is required in shed loads.

And I'll be there tomorrow morning to help however I can.... ;-)

• harriott who on twitter calls himself cally_messi (ha fcuking ha!) might wanna stop posting about how much money he is making etc!

TLC?, some of them need to grow some boll*cks for the run in
  • harriott who on twitter calls himself cally_messi (ha fcuking ha!) might wanna stop posting about how much money he is making etc!

TLC?, some of them need to grow some boll*cks for the run in

When the f*ck has he done that? Go through his twitter feed and you'll see motivational quote that he seems to enjoy, a few comments about "needing to graft more" and lots of comments about football. Give the kid a break.
  • He's removed tweets from the past few days then
  • He's removed tweets from the past few days then

Fair play, probably for the best considering recent performances....!