Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looking up the table, are Doncaster and Blackpool in our sights?

edited April 2014 in General Charlton
Looking at these two teams, their respective final fixtures are as follows:

Derby (H) - still got an outside chance of automatics
Millwall (A) - on a good run of form, even a draw here would be good for us
Reading (H) - chasing that final play-off place
Leicester (A) - will want to leave the Championship on a high

Burnley (H) - looking to close out that automatic spot from Derby
Brighton (A) - chasing that final play-off place, like Reading
Wigan (A) - still need to affirm their play-off place, no FA Cup distraction
Charlton (H) - could be a big game but hoping we'll be safe by this point

By comparison, ours and Millwall's run ins are comparatively easy. I think 48 points would be enough to keep us up this season.

What does everyone think? Will both us and Millwall stay up?

Comments

• Options
    I've a really uneasy feeling that we will flatter to deceive.
  • Options
    TEL said:

I've a really uneasy feeling that we will flatter to deceive.

Of course there is still work to do and it's not straight forward. I'm just playing around with fixtures like any fan does at this stage of the season. I really think our two extra opportunities to pick up points are, at this stage, going to make the crucial difference.
  • Options
    Honestly think Blackpool will go down. They are pathetic
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Millwall vs Doncaster and Blackpool vs Charlton could be crucial. I think it's 1 of 4 + Yeovil & Barnsley now.
  • Options
    For us I'm going

Barnsley W
    Bolton D
    Sheffield Wed L
    Blackburn L
    Watford W
    Blackpool L

I reckon that's enough
  • Options
    edited April 2014

For us I'm going

Barnsley W
    Bolton D
    Sheffield Wed L
    Blackburn L
    Watford W
    Blackpool L

I reckon that's enough

I think the first 2 will be sufficient.cant see Backpool getting anything from any of their games aside from us- MIGHT be us trying to keep them from a 3 goal win to stop them going above us on GD .
    Statin the bleedin, but we win on Tuesday and we go above Blackpool,Donny and Brum.
    Oddschecker still has us 6th place from bottom - might have a bet on Blackpool at those odds coz i think they are doomed. Think Millwall will survive.
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation
  • Options
    They both have a very tough run-in. We have to make our games in hand tell.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited April 2014
    I think 47 points will be enough for us. Win our next two home games and that will do it. I really don't want it to go down to the last game up at Blackpool and I don't think it will. I really can't see Blackpool getting any points from their next three games but maybe they'll sneak a draw somewhere so as long as we've got the 47 points by the time we play them then we'll be ok.

We also have a better GD than them.
  • Options
    If we play like we did yesterday I can't see us getting another point.....in which case we're doomed!
  • Options
    If predicting the outcome of 20 odd games were easy we'd all be very rich. Plenty of twists and turns in this yet but I still reckon it'll go to the wire with as many as 6 of us still sweating at 4:45 on the last day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They look like tough games, but if some of those teams are safely in the play off spots they may start to rest players.
  • Options
    Am certain that come last day of season the loser of the Blackpool game gets relegated.
  • Options
    Losing every other game 3 nil isn't good and our goal difference is getting close to the others around us. Not picking up any points yesterday and the spanners getting one has put more pressure on what is a mustn't lose game. Blackpool are playing Burnley this week, I won't put it passed them to get something from that, (1) it's a local derby (2) the pressure on Burnley needing points for promotion.
  • Options

Losing every other game 3 nil isn't good and our goal difference is getting close to the others around us. Not picking up any points yesterday and the spanners getting one has put more pressure on what is a mustn't lose game. Blackpool are playing Burnley this week, I won't put it passed them to get something from that, (1) it's a local derby (2) the pressure on Burnley needing points for promotion.

Think there's going to be a fair amount of pressure on Blackpool too.

• Options

If predicting the outcome of 20 odd games were easy we'd all be very rich. Plenty of twists and turns in this yet but I still reckon it'll go to the wire with as many as 6 of us still sweating at 4:45 on the last day.

Agree other than it's an early KO so we'll be safe by 3.00.

: - )
  • Options

They look like tough games, but if some of those teams are safely in the play off spots they may start to rest players.

Of the playoff chasing teams Doncaster and Blackpool have to play it's unlikely any will be safe by the time they play them, the race for 5th and 6th will probably go down to the final game
  • Options
    Shows how poor this division is when we are considering 45/46 as safe - whereas last season Posh went down with 54 !
  • Options
    I don't want to be complacent but this is clearly in our own hands.

After Barnsley we play 2 teams Bolton and the massives who are just playing their games out and potentially Blackburn and Watford will have noting to play for by the time they pitch up at the Valley.

Tuesday is a must not lose for us ,but The Tykes like Yeovil last week will need a victory to keep them in contention . This might help us especially if either we are a goal up or the scores are level going into the closing stages.

The Spanners also have a tougher run in than us on paper. I wouldn't swap places with them Blackpool or Donny.

Middlesbrough A
    Doncaster H
    QPR A
    Bounemouth H

I think Brum will be fine although strangely if their appalling home form continues they could get dragged back in.

Forest (A)
    Blackburn (H)
    Leeds (H)
    Wigan (H)
    Bolton (A)
  • Options

Shows how poor this division is when we are considering 45/46 as safe - whereas last season Posh went down with 54 !

To be fair, that was the exception, rather than the rule
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it will all make more sence after the Barnsley game,if we beat Barnsley and Millwall beat Donny I think us and Millwall will both be in the Championship next year and Blackpool or Donny in div 1
  • Options
    Blackpool won two games last month (both 1-0) but these are the only two games they have won since November (lost 18, drawn 5).
  • Options
    Both look safe to me !
  • Options
    Blackpool down to me,they wont win another game this year.
  • Options
    Not seeing where we will win another game this season either.
  • Options
    looks like smallwall will have to help us out and win against Donny,or draw?
  • Options
    I really can't see us winning another game this Season. I think it will be Massives- lose,
    Blackburn-draw, Watford- lose, Blackpool-lose. Sorry for being so pessimistic, but our goal scoring record is so poor I can't see where the goals are coming from.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I really can't see us winning another game this Season. I think it will be Massives- lose,
    Blackburn-draw, Watford- lose, Blackpool-lose. Sorry for being so pessimistic, but our goal scoring record is so poor I can't see where the goals are coming from.

Four nil nils will be enough

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Unlikely, but that may be enough if Donny don't get another point and Barnsley only get 3.
  • Options
    I unfortunately can see exactly why dickplumb has posted that.