Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    You're just a little tart, Fanny ;-)
  • Options
    I like the cut of Jose's jib, I have to say.

Still early days, and plenty of time for things to go sour, but early signs are good. I didn't want Powell to go, but if he had to I'm glad he's been replaced by someone of Riga's personality. I basically judge all managers of Charlton by whether they are closer to Curbs or Pards. Riga definitely seems more like the Great One than the Big-Nosed-Grey-Haired-Palace-****, even if he is a silver fox.
  • Options

You're just a big tart, Fanny ;-)

I'm insulted by the "big", Weegie !

• Options

Would have been more worried if Weegie had omitted 'tart' :-(

• Options
    edited April 2014
    He's a very good coach, that's easy for all to see, but what he has done is not monumental in any way shape or form, the wins have been by one goal and wins that are of similar scorelines to ones under CP, aswell as the occasional tonking by teams that are too good for us, unavoidable, not to say that CP would have replicated these. Having no weight on this guys shoulders works into his hands, he is just coaching them to play the football he likes and letting the others (DM AD and co.) do some dirty work on the other teams and the fine details, they need credit too.

If he keeps us up, signs a contract (this is a must) and keeps producing then, maybe just maybe, a special one.. at the moment, no, just our coach who's job it is is to keep us up, and that is far from done yet.
  • Options
    Edited ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's a very good coach, that's easy for all to see, but what he has done is not monumental in any way shape or form, the wins have been by one goal and wins that are of similar scorelines to ones under CP, aswell as the occasional tonking by teams that are too good for us, unavoidable, not to say that CP would have replicated these. Having no weight on this guys shoulders works into his hands, he is just coaching them to play the football he likes and letting the others (DM AD and co.) do some dirty work on the other teams and the fine details, they need credit too.

If he keeps us up, signs a contract (this is a must) and keeps producing then, maybe just maybe, a special one.. at the moment, no, just our coach who's job it is is to keep us up, and that is far from done yet.

Obviously, but let's give credit where credit is due. Up to now he has done a bloody good job.
  • Options
    I'd go as far as to say that so far he has done an amazing job.
  • Options
    Monumental is way too steep a word for what he has done, we were far from wrote off when he took over. He's pulled out some good results and some good performances with what he has got to use, but wouldn't go as far as monumental. It's a breath of fresh air but I'm not going over the top with the bloke, after all I'm not too sure he is to be our 'permanent' coach to doubt what our OS has said, let's see if he signs the paperwork at the end of the season, I don't think he will from what I'm hearing.

Very good man coach and handles it all well, so kudos for that
  • Options
    I was a huge fan of Powell but I have to say that Riga has instilled a sense of belief in the team and the football we're all watching is on the whole more exciting to watch. Hope Riga signs a contract for next season, I think he'll keep us up. COYR!
  • Options
    A percentage of what has happened has been flying by the seat of his pants. Whether Jose Riga could handle a full Championship/League One campaign is another matter. That isn't to say there haven't been some positives.
  • Options
    Everything is a lot happier behind the scenes, on the pitch and in the stands.

Powell has to be thanked for an incredible reign.

But I think we should be excited by the fact we have an incredible technical coach who could bring exciting football to the valley for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    He took over when I thought we were done for and we're still not clear but it has been a remarkable turnaround but not as remarkable a turnaround as with 8 games to go last year I thought we were heading down ..... We won 5 and drew 3 ...
    I'd hope he is given a run till the end of next season at least whatever happens

But the big thing for me is that there is an article in The Evening Standard with a positive Charlton slant on it , I don't read the paper but I read Charlton Life and all I read is that they never write about us or anything positive and the conspiracy that journos are against RD so credit where credit is due
  • Options
    What are the numbers for SCP and Jose, with regards to matches won, lost etc this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Jose, he looks like he cares, and you cannot ask for more than that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I like a big tart.

Preferably one with shortcrust pastry and strawberries.
  • Options

CP cared, look where that got him / us!

• Options
    Didn't know Solly was a midfielder. You learn something every day. Thanks Evening Standard.

Good to see Wilson back this weekend. Hopefully another brace for him - or a face mask ;-)
  • Options

Playing in the top flight of English football.

Playing for his country.

Promoted as Champions with record points.

A strong first season in a higher division.

Admired / respected / liked / loved by many.

Not a bad return really.
  • Options

Playing for his country.

Not a bad return really.
    Ok, I meant in relation to this season, him caring got us to rock bottom of the table.... Merely being awkward in response to FishCostaFortune's 'You cannot ask for more than that'
  • Options

Playing for his country.

Not a bad return really.
    Ok, I meant in relation to this season, him caring got us to rock bottom of the table.... Merely being awkward in response to FishCostaFortune's 'You cannot ask for more than that'
    No him caring did not get us to the bottom of the table, the twats who caused the plug to be pulled on investment in the squad and leaving us with bargain basement striker replacements for Fuller and Haynes had a bigger influence on things.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Playing for his country.

Not a bad return really.
    No him caring did not get us to the bottom of the table, the twats who caused the plug to be pulled on investment in the squad and leaving us with bargain basement striker replacements for Fuller and Haynes had a bigger influence on things.
    Ok, I will rephrase.... We were rock bottom of the table DESPITE him caring.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Playing for his country.

Not a bad return really.
    Ok, I will rephrase.... We were rock bottom of the table DESPITE him caring.
    We have a meeting of minds :-)
  • Options

Athletico that's just not right in terms of our season what he has done is monumental

We have won more games in the last 9 than at any other time this season

We have changed the way we pass and move

We have stopped being 1 dimensional and we have started to grow in confidence

Winning 1 nil is no bad thing losing 1 nil is

We set out to win games and not to not get beat

The words of Dorian show and say a lot about how the squad feels

And if he can get the squad to feel like that in 9 games then thank god he was bought in

I love powelly I loved him as our mgr

But

After sheff utd I couldn't see where our next draw was coming from or how the players were going to be picked up off the floor to get is through

When we stay up it will be because of the decisions made by the mgmt team and no one else

This sums up my feeling exactly.

When I left Sheffield United on March 9 we were rock bottom of the league, we had just been humiliated by a League 1 team and the manager and the team all looked completly dejected. It was hard to see where the next point, let alone the next win was coming from.

Jose has come in and using the same players, has got them beliving in themselves and winning games.

What Jose has achieved in one month is remarkable. The guy is a genius, and if we do stay up this season, it will be because of Jose Riga.