Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon Obika

Saw this fella score an overhead kick against us playing for yeovil , could do with stepping up to the plate tonight.

Could do with his name ringing out of the Valley loud and proud.

Can someone remind me how the song goes/ post the words, ta.

Comments

• Options
    he comes from white hart lane he plays football.... obi obi obi ka, obika, obika.....
  • Options

Saw this fella score an overhead kick against us playing for yeovil , could do with stepping up to the plate tonight.

We had Akpo that day. if only he were here now...he could have a word with the ref.
  • Options

We had Akpo that day. if only he were here now...he could have a word with the ref.
    I think the game when Obika scored an overhead was after that. Pretty sure it was the match on Boxing Day where Yann scored a free kick and Danny Green got his first ever Charlton goal for 3-2
  • Options

I think the game when Obika scored an overhead was after that. Pretty sure it was the match on Boxing Day where Yann scored a free kick and Danny Green got his first ever Charlton goal for 3-2
    Ahh, so it was. Pretty sure Obika played and scored down there too in THAT game.
  • Options
    He did, in a 1-1 draw, where Sam Sodje was sent off and Akpo scored a blinder. The overhead kick was in the 3-2 win (Green in last minute...).
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

He did, in a 1-1 draw, where Sam Sodje was sent off and Akpo scored a blinder. The overhead kick was in the 3-2 win (Green in last minute...).

Aaaaah ! Those were the days !

• Options
    edited April 2014
    My name is O-bi-ka,
    I come from White Hart Lane,
    and I can play...
    What can you play?
    I play foootballl,

Obi Obi Obi-ka Obika Obika
    Obi Obi Obi-ka Obi-Obi-ka
  • Options
    I know he wasn't good on Tuesday when he came on, but really surprised he didn't feature on Saturday, seeing that he had been on loan with Brighton before he joined us. Was there an agreement that he couldn't play against Brighton?
  • Options

I know he wasn't good on Tuesday when he came on, but really surprised he didn't feature on Saturday, seeing that he had been on loan with Brighton before he joined us. Was there an agreement that he couldn't play against Brighton?

Im sure he is injured. At the end of the Yeovil game he could hardly run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would that be why he couldn't control the ball?
    We will have to throw him a bag of sand in future. Absolute garbage.
    Feed the fish and he will score.
  • Options
    Dr kish has said he missed Saturdays game due to family reasons but should be back tomorrow
  • Options
    My name is obika......and I am shit.......what do I play? Well it aint football m8 ill tell ya!
  • Options
    Thought he was the best of our attacking options. Held off the beast better than wood did for 1st goal
  • Options
    He runs in the direction of the ball but doesent actually try to get it
  • Options
    He's a lot like the rest of our strikers....pony.
  • Options
    He's a billion times as good as Churchdell
  • Options
    I would rather have church or Piggot in the side. In fact I would rather have Ann Widicombe up front .
    He is utter shite.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Dr kish has said he missed Saturdays game due to family reasons but should be back tomorrow

Well his family ( and Spurs ) can have him back.
  • Options
    He's better than Sordell, Church and Pigott put together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No where near as bad as sordell
  • Options
    No control, no shot, average pace, average strength. How did he stay at Spurs so long? I actually prefer Sordell - he is rubbish as well but at least got in positions which Obika doesn't do.
  • Options
    Before I write him off, I'd like to see him play as a striker rather than the weird, "wide on the left" position that Riga's playing him in. Definitely better than Sordell today.
  • Options
    I said Obika was shite from the first time we had him and I will say it again he is proper shite and sordell the man would not score goals for a Sunday pub side let alone a championship side
  • Options
    Bit harsh. Obika caused their right back so much trouble down the wing they hauled him off at half time. The problem, as ever, was there was no final ball. Ten times better than Sordell. Smashes the ball at goal 20 yards out when surrounded by Barnsley players just to carry out the vaguest description of his 'job' and not have to deal with the ball anymore. Awful
  • Options
    Sordell was worse than Obika. At least Obika tried. I would like to see Obika & Reza down the middle, frustrating seeing them on the wings when they so clearly want to be in and around the box
  • Options

I would rather have church or Piggot in the side. In fact I would rather have Ann Widicombe up front .
    He is utter shite.

Agree
  • Options
    I know it's a completely different level BUT It wasn't long ago he scored 6 against our 21's.
    He obviously knows where the goal is I think as others have said he needs to play down the middle right up top.
    Even if your 'pony' you don't score 6 goals in a decent level game!
    We just need to play to his strengths.
  • Options
    Obika is a good option. I can't believe the abuse he's been getting... some have even stated that he's worse than Sordell ffs!

Obika has pace, can beat his man, jumps well and wins headers and battles hards. We already know he can score too.

As for Sordell, I can't think of one positive attribute he brings to the table. Wtf is actually good at? I was gutted when those chances fell to him against Barnsley. His movement and reactions are painfully slow - he doesn't spot the half chances till the opportunity has already gone. He has absolutely zero nous in forward positions.

The only plus point of yesterday was knowing he is ineligible to play on Friday.

• Options
    I had hopes for Obika when he came for this loan spell. So far i've been disappointed. After last night, utterly disappointed.