Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Very well said, @orpingtonRED, couldn't agree more.
  • My point was that there will always be days when the system breaks down due to equipment failure. Cars still break down regardless of regular servicing, shit happens. Planes crash in spite of the most stringent inspections.  In my opinion South Eastern run a better service overall than BR did 50 to 60 years when i first commuted into London. They aren't perfect by any means but some of the historical comments on this thread have been well over the top. 
  • Happy to concede that trains services were worse 50 years ago provided it isn't used as an argument against nationalisation.

(Almost!) everything from cinemas to beer was worse 50 years ago - it has nothing to do with who was running it.
  • Happy to concede that trains services were worse 50 years ago provided it isn't used as an argument against nationalisation.

(Almost!) everything from cinemas to beer was worse 50 years ago - it has nothing to do with who was running it.
    Prices were better though!

The real question is whether the value for money of the train service (or anything else) has gone up in the same ratio to the increased cost.
  • Good to see southeastern and their scumbag friends at BTP were in full effect at the first opportuntiy on Saturday.
    I've complained in lengthy detail to both but am expecting the exact same lack of any response as with the occasions last season.
    train scum are running a half hourly service cos of the engineering works, so far so expected, that unit running just after the game finishes is 4 naffing carriages, 4 FFS, as if there'll be no punters.
    It's raining, of course.  None of the overtime swilling bone idle parasites does a damn thing to manage the punters on the platform but they shut the gate to the london bound platform as soon as a small crowd built up under the awning, preventing the hundreds of other poor saps from boarding the token train to start their journey home - no you dweebs can just stand in the pissing rain for another 30 minutes while we sneer at you.

I proper hate the lot of them - has anybody on here ever got a response from formally complaining about their scummy scummy behaviour?  Southeastern or BTP?  
  • Speed restriction at New Cross...expect delays!
  • Good to see southeastern and their scumbag friends at BTP were in full effect at the first opportuntiy on Saturday.
    I've complained in lengthy detail to both but am expecting the exact same lack of any response as with the occasions last season.
    train scum are running a half hourly service cos of the engineering works, so far so expected, that unit running just after the game finishes is 4 naffing carriages, 4 FFS, as if there'll be no punters.
    It's raining, of course.  None of the overtime swilling bone idle parasites does a damn thing to manage the punters on the platform but they shut the gate to the london bound platform as soon as a small crowd built up under the awning, preventing the hundreds of other poor saps from boarding the token train to start their journey home - no you dweebs can just stand in the pissing rain for another 30 minutes while we sneer at you.

I proper hate the lot of them - has anybody on here ever got a response from formally complaining about their scummy scummy behaviour?  Southeastern or BTP?  
    What are you loaning at the BTP for? They're a police force, not a TOC! 

I am highlighting and criticising the misconduct of BTP employees because they prevent travellers accessing the station on rainy Saturdays for no good reason, purely as a powertrip for pseudo plod bully boys.  Rather than facilitate safe access to the trains they prevent access and stand their side of the needlessly closed gate, gloating and threatening any critic with arrest for “public order offences”.  They could just as easily encourage a few more bods further up the mostly empty platform so that the train gets to leave the station more than half full.
    Any further questions, glib or otherwise?

I am highlighting and criticising the misconduct of BTP employees because they prevent travellers accessing the station on rainy Saturdays for no good reason, purely as a powertrip for pseudo plod bully boys.  Rather than facilitate safe access to the trains they prevent access and stand their side of the needlessly closed gate, gloating and threatening any critic with arrest for “public order offences”.  They could just as easily encourage a few more bods further up the mostly empty platform so that the train gets to leave the station more than half full.
    Any further questions, glib or otherwise?
    It wasn't a glib question. I think you're directing your ire at the wrong people. The BTP do a hell of a job - thousands of angry people all mobbed together in one confined space is extremely dangerous - football fans of all people should know that. Unless, of course, your degree in crowd management strategy outweighs their knowledge in this area - in which case I doff my cap to you. 
  • It's really difficult to see how deliberately preventing crowds dispersing after a football match is a good idea! 

With experience, the staff at the station come to realise that filling the trains and getting people away as quickly as possible is the best way to avoid the disturbances around the station.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be taught this sort of common sense in their training courses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Record so far this week:
    Monday morning - standing room only due to cancellation of previous train for unknown reasons
    Monday evening - trains completely buggered due to speed restrictions imposed due to the heat (14 bloody degrees cooler than last week and at or around the expected temperature for the time of year)
    Tuesday morning - random cancellations of several trains into Cannon St

Keep up the good work you utter bunch of cockwombles!
  • The competition to operate rail services between London, Kent and parts of East Sussex has been cancelled, the government has said.

The current incumbent, Southeastern, has been given a five-month extension to run the route until April 2020.

Go-Ahead runs Southeastern with Koelis through their joint venture Govia.

Go-Ahead chief executive David Brown said he was disappointed his firm's bid was not going to be considered by the Department for Transport.

A Department for Transport spokesperson said: "We have taken the decision to cancel the South Eastern franchise competition.

"This follows significant concerns that continuing the competition process would lead to additional costs incurred to the taxpayer, with no certainty that this would deliver envisaged benefits for passengers in a timely fashion."

The spokesperson said the department would "use this period to develop a solution that delivers the capacity and performance benefits that passengers are expecting".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49262115

• clive said:

The competition to operate rail services between London, Kent and parts of East Sussex has been cancelled, the government has said.

The current incumbent, Southeastern, has been given a five-month extension to run the route until April 2020.

Go-Ahead runs Southeastern with Koelis through their joint venture Govia.

Go-Ahead chief executive David Brown said he was disappointed his firm's bid was not going to be considered by the Department for Transport.

A Department for Transport spokesperson said: "We have taken the decision to cancel the South Eastern franchise competition.

"This follows significant concerns that continuing the competition process would lead to additional costs incurred to the taxpayer, with no certainty that this would deliver envisaged benefits for passengers in a timely fashion."

The spokesperson said the department would "use this period to develop a solution that delivers the capacity and performance benefits that passengers are expecting".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49262115

In essence the current bunch of shameless frauds and p!sstakers are getting a further 5 months to defraud and take the p!ss while the unaccountable halfwits at the ministry kick this can down the road for 5 months until they give the fraudulent p!sstakers another extension to their taxpayer-funded cashcow.
    As you were, ladees and gennelmen, and good luck with your commute.
  • Other lines effected by the power cuts apparently but Southeastern have not been named in national news as an effected operator.  They were clearly caught off-guard and unable to use this to cause mass inconvenience when the opportunity presented. Shocking deterioration in standards.
  • Fares going up again...…….
  • Yesterday it seemed that a communication alarm had been activated on a train and screwed up their services all evening.

Waiting for the 18.36 at Clock House, two trains going down to Hayes were delayed because of the above.

Got to Lewisham around 18.50 and again trains were delayed.

After the game I went for the 21.50, that was delayed 10 minutes again with the above reason. 

Is this a new excuse they've added to their long list of excuses? 
  • Meeting up in town today, so back on South Eastern. Looked out the window when I woke up, nice day so surely no train disruption. How naive! I

5 minutes late and counting, no explanation, no apology. Horrendously overcrowded. Now late for meeting as I forgot that you need to go two trains early in order to stand a chance of arriving when you want to.

Witnessed my first argument on the DLR the other day, about overcrowding - "move down, I'm being crushed, etc". I was stood in the supposedly overcrowded area, reading my paper, leaned against the window, not touching another human being. It was fine. These over-privileged yuppies don't know their born.
  • It's been a suspiciously long time since anyone's written on this thread. Thought I'd bump and see how everyone's been lately. Bar one last-minute cancellation, I've had an incident-free month. As it should be, of course.
  • Well that's fucking jinxed it hasn't it! Plus I just got an e-mail from the cretinous arseholes to tell me that they've finally caught up with the other train companies (not literally of course) and I can now claim for delays of 15 minutes, rather than 30.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:
    Well that's fucking jinxed it hasn't it! Plus I just got an e-mail from the cretinous arseholes to tell me that they've finally caught up with the other train companies (not literally of course) and I can now claim for delays of 15 minutes, rather than 30.
    Precisely. So we can claim that shiny new fifteen-minute Delay Repay. It's all in the plan.
  • last nights chuckle was them putting my usual 8 carriage service on but locking 5 of the carriages so was packed and then at denmark hill a passenger in a wheelchair could not get on because no room. 
  •  palarsehater said:
    last nights chuckle was them putting my usual 8 carriage service on but locking 5 of the carriages so was packed and then at denmark hill a passenger in a wheelchair could not get on because no room. 

So you found it funny that a disabled person was suffering?  That's a bit dark ph.  ;)
  • The 17.39 from Waterloo is just now getting back into London Bridge after a nice long wait outside Lewisham where it couldnt go any further.
  • The 17.39 from Waterloo is just now getting back into London Bridge after a nice long wait outside Lewisham where it couldnt go any further.
    Now the exact same train is going back to Lewisham!
    Now the exact same train is going back to Lewisham!
    If this train ends up back at London Bridge I am just going to sleep at the station.
  • I shouldn't have bumped the thread should I
  • Nightmare tonight, over an hour behind schedule, delay repay, can't wait.
  • Signal failure at St Johns apparently, mrlargo's station. 2 lines blocked so back up to London bridge then back down on a line that isn't blocked at St John's.