Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

A door was 'broken' by a passenger at Bexley apparently which caused delays as it carried on its journey and it was 'retired' at Lee. which meant a huge backlog and at least 4 trains worth of people on the platform at Lee.

Its ok though because South Eastern Railway twitter feed has just posted its support for World Mental Health Day. All whilst its passengers are suffering from all kinds of anxiety stuck on their overcrowded late services.

not as much class as the Bexleyheath line
  • Options

A door was 'broken' by a passenger at Bexley apparently which caused delays as it carried on its journey and it was 'retired' at Lee. which meant a huge backlog and at least 4 trains worth of people on the platform at Lee.

Its ok though because South Eastern Railway twitter feed has just posted its support for World Mental Health Day. All whilst its passengers are suffering from all kinds of anxiety stuck on their overcrowded late services.

Tell you what, it is pretty nice living in Kidbrooke Vill-AAHge now (raah). Quick commute to the station and there's just as many trains as there are from Lee. Yeah.

Shame that it's still Southeastern, but still. Where I'm actually living is lovely. There's a concierge and everything!
  • Options
    The nice part of Kidbrooke isnt in Kidbrooke
  • Options
    Having been relying on Southeastern since my start of university, I have found your horror stories to be true. Delays, rude passengers, and even the occasional dog that won't stop barking (and yet manages to be more agreeable than half of the passengers).

Have found less delays on way to Cannon Street at least, that's the only solace.
  • Options
    No trains up the bexleyheath line so far today due to a lorry striking a bridge at welling, currently on an 89 to lewisham
  • Options
    the 5.47 from Barnehust to Victoria trundled along but got there eventually.
  • Options
    I got the 7am from Eltham to Charing Cross.

They did an inspection and gave the all clear at 6.45 ish and I think the first train from Dartford on that line left at 6.51. Handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Tell you what, it is pretty nice living in Kidbrooke Vill-AAHge now (raah). Quick commute to the station and there's just as many trains as there are from Lee. Yeah.

Shame that it's still Southeastern, but still. Where I'm actually living is lovely. There's a concierge and everything!
    Kidbrooke, nice place to live? Fuck me where were you before, Gillingham, Helmand, Darfur, Salisbury?
    I need to retract my previous statement as someone's dog did a shit on one of the staircases in my block (as in, inside the building) and they've not cleared it up properly.
    Are you sure it's dog?
  • Options
    Westcombe Park and the Greenwich line constant delays all morning so far, and the trains that have arrived, I've been unable to get on 3 of them. This is absolutely ridiculous, only announcing the train is delayed a minute before its due.
  • Options
    Got to Blackheath last night only for them to announce that a broken down train in front of us meant that we were now going via Charlton, Woolwich etc. So I had the delights of the 51 from Woolwich to Welling and got home nearly an hour late.
  • Options
    Yeah I got to the station and a train the app had said was on time arrived 10 minutes late full and the one behind the same. I went home and did some work there and am trying again now.
  • Options

Southeastern

@Se_Railway
    UPDATE: #Charlton Our last train from London via the Greenwich and Woolwich Lines will be the 10:05 from Cannon Street. There is a @tlrailuk service from London Bridge at 10:18. The last train from Slade Green towards London via the Woolwich and Greenwich Lines will be 10:09.

• Options
    They’re currently fucked.
  • Options
    Just went through Charlton station on way home from London, the other side every single train is either cancelled or just says delayed. Apparently hoping that it’ll be fixed by 7pm but doubt that’ll be the case.
  • Options
    currently fucked thought i would easily get the 5.32 to charlton from charing cross few beers pre game but oh no the cunts decide that despite the thousands they make we still have to suffer signal failures, scumbags
  • Options
    If it's bad anyone in the City should get on the DLR to Woolwich or Greenwich and bus it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And what's with the new 'one way' barrier system at Lewisham? Rushing to get your train on platform 3? Nah, you need to go all the way up to the main entrance, in that way, then walk all the way back down again along the platform to end up 5 yards from where the barriers are. If you need platform 4 and the lifts, let's just hope you don't need the lifts because you are disabled or anything, as that's a hell of a long walk around pretty much all of the whole station to get to where you want to go.

On the plus side, the trains are often late, allowing time to get right round the station even on crutches.
  • Options
    One for canters I reckon. He would very sensitively manage their cultural change,
  • Options

MrLargo said:

One for canters I reckon. He would very sensitively manage their cultural change,

Yep, definitely one for Canters. "Complex restructuring and cultural transformation programme" from my perspective would be "you're all sacked, every single one of you, f%$k off immediately. There are 10 alligators and 3 Burmese pythons waiting in reception to assist you out of the building. The security guards have been armed with taser guns to deal with anyone who screams too loudly. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
    Like the idea but alligators gives them a too easy way out. I would prefer to force 50 of them into a very small room with the heating on full pelt in the middle of summer. Surrounded by a load of coughing and sneezing idiots, hit them in the face with a rucksack every 12 seconds. Shove them into someone's armpit. Let them enjoy the faint hum of someone else's music and the stench of body odour mixed with piss and someone's egg sandwich. Keep them there for over 3 hours unable to move and with no toilet facilities. Then give them a choice between staying there and jumping out onto some live rails and risking being run down by a fast moving freight train. At this point I would probably add alligators to seal the deal
    You and Largo use the pox of southeastern to fuel some beautiful tales

Don't ever change
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Yep, definitely one for Canters. "Complex restructuring and cultural transformation programme" from my perspective would be "you're all sacked, every single one of you, f%$k off immediately. There are 10 alligators and 3 Burmese pythons waiting in reception to assist you out of the building. The security guards have been armed with taser guns to deal with anyone who screams too loudly. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
    Like the idea but alligators gives them a too easy way out. I would prefer to force 50 of them into a very small room with the heating on full pelt in the middle of summer. Surrounded by a load of coughing and sneezing idiots, hit them in the face with a rucksack every 12 seconds. Shove them into someone's armpit. Let them enjoy the faint hum of someone else's music and the stench of body odour mixed with piss and someone's egg sandwich. Keep them there for over 3 hours unable to move and with no toilet facilities. Then give them a choice between staying there and jumping out onto some live rails and risking being run down by a fast moving freight train. At this point I would probably add alligators to seal the deal
    You're hired!