Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    I have to say my new commute of choice 3 days a week via a 96 bus and DLR is not without its occasional irritations but the daily grind on southeastern I miss no more than the last time I had diahorea.
  • Options
    Wankers have reduced my train to 8 carriages. Had a seat but had to give it up for an old person. Love standing for an hour.

3 weeks today till I move out.

Certainly gonna try the bus option and see how that goes.
  • Options
    The bus option is good mate so long as you can travel out of peak (school) hours. I’m doing a condensed hour four day week so it’s great. I’ve never not had a seat and you just have to dull your brain to the fact that it takes a relatively long time to get from A to B. Netflix takes most of that burden away. My commute is about the same length of time door to door as before. I just don’t need to walk to or from a railway station anymore. I’m sure it will all go nipples northwards in the winter but that’s when the work from home option kicks in. Oh and btw it works out at about half the cost of travelling by Shiteeastern
  • Options
    Has it really been almost a week without any of the usual victims venting splenetic fury and invective about the agonies visited upon them by the cash guzzling shithouse that is setrains? or whateverthefuck they call themselves this week.
    Saturday about 13:15 en route Charlton from Waterloo East, it became apparent form the NRE app that all the direct trains were cancelled - no word from s0"th€'st€rn at the time of course
    Took next train to LB where we learned that "a signal failure in the Crayford area" was "disrupting services on the Woolwich line".
    Found a blue jacketed lurker who told us there'd be a Charlton train from platform (I forget) about 13:50
    The NRE app steered us towards a Thameslink train to Rainham leaving a different platform much sooner, which numerous Addicks boarded. It sat there for some minutes then the train driver said "we're not going via Blackheath anymore , we're going via Barnehurst" I kid you not. (for the not so local it has to go thru Blackheath to get to Rainham via Barnehurst)
    We alighted the Thameslink train and button holed another bluejacket who goggled slack jawed and was precisely useless.
    The next Charlton/Woolwich sardine can had 4 carriages of course and left LB about 14:00, no word of explanation at any point.
    We ended up at Charlton about 25 minutes after we should have, perfect for the cash guzzling shithouse to keep all its ill gotten gains from we saps lumbered with its criminal monopoly.
    At least the power mad, skin wasting, oxygen thief, railway bill arsehole wasn't on duty at the station after the game to fuck up many homeward journeys by fucking about with access to the platform like he so frequently did in the Spring. He's probably got a customer relations job with the cnuts at s0"th€'st€rn
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

I had a six seat bay all to myself on my commute this morning. I pointed four of the (working!) air vent things at me, and had the windows open.

Surprisingly, I was very comfortable. Late, but comfortable.

Did you put your feet up on a seat?! ;)
    What sort of person do you think I am?!
  • Options

Has it really been almost a week without any of the usual victims venting splenetic fury and invective about the agonies visited upon them by the cash guzzling shithouse that is setrains? or whateverthefuck they call themselves this week.

I've spent most of the summer getting early trains to work and therefore early trains home in the evening as well. It's improved my experience immeasurably - the trains are slightly less overcrowded and generally seem to run relatively close to the advertised schedule, so I've really got nothing at all to complain about other than the fact that the service is outrageously expensive, the trains are filthy and they still haven't fixed the toilets even though it's a year since they told me that they were undertaking some sort of "toilet fixing programme", the thieving f#*king parasite c%+ts.

I did allow myself a little lie-in yesterday morning and the consequences were entirely unsurprising - got to station at about half 8, everything was a bit delayed, the display boards were showing made up arrival times that bore absolutely no relation to the reality. I let two trains go because I just couldn't face the overcrowding caused by one the train I intended to get on being "short-formed" f$*k off f#&k off f$%k off you robbing bunch of arseholes.

This is probably their worst year so far, what with the multiple 4-hour hostage situations in the snow (and the sun), the £6bn Thameslink programme making things even worse, the unfixable toilets and the lack of aircon all in addition to the usual catalogue of outrageous shitness that we just take for granted. It’s just barely worth commenting on these days – you go to bed, you wake up, eat your cornflakes, leave the house, get fisted up the jacksy by South Eastern, arrive late for work, rinse and repeat. Nobody’s done anything about it, nobody cares, the government are quite happy for us to continue being fisted.

Tossers.
  • Options
    In hindsight, I'm actually in a very weird position when it comes to commuting. I start work at 10 (conversely I finish at 7.30pm), which means to get into the office on time, I need the 9.29am from Lee.

As we well know, the end of peak timings (Zones 1-6) is 9.30am - precisely one minute after my train is due.

My train has not been late since the 9.29am became a service in the most recent timetable changes.

Hmm.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Going through the craziest of periods at work. Been literally mental. I'm on temporary promotion due to my boss leaving and my team is 2 people down on where it should be. Busiest time of year right now (hence why I have 2k unread posts on the takeover thread). Massive deadline yeaterday and have been working till 11/midnight all week. Give myself the afternoon off coz I need it.

Get myself on the train and as I'm getting on some disgusting excuse of a man who had thrown up all over himself and clearly pissed himself got off. Its 3:30 in the afternoon ffs. Went for a whole different carriage just to be sure I am completely away from the stench. Stay classy South eastern passengers.

In other news my train has been short formed 4 times in the last 2 weeks but I've been too knackered to have a moan about it.
  • Options
    Ohh and the train is full of screaming children and pricks with more luggage than they can manage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going through the craziest of periods at work. Been literally mental. I'm on temporary promotion due to my boss leaving and my team is 2 people down on where it should be. Busiest time of year right now (hence why I have 2k unread posts on the takeover thread). Massive deadline yeaterday and have been working till 11/midnight all week. Give myself the afternoon off coz I need it.

Get myself on the train and as I'm getting on some disgusting excuse of a man who had thrown up all over himself and clearly pissed himself got off. Its 3:30 in the afternoon ffs. Went for a whole different carriage just to be sure I am completely away from the stench. Stay classy South eastern passengers.

In other news my train has been short formed 4 times in the last 2 weeks but I've been too knackered to have a moan about it.

Guess you were unaware that we had been taking over by Mike Ashley, and that Dennis Wise had been appointed our new manager with Pot Noodle to be the new shirt sponsor?
  • Options

I wonder what Roland was doing on your train
  • Options

Just think of all the overtime money.
  • Options

Just think of all the overtime money.
    If only. I'm supposed to get the time back but I know that will never happen.
  • Options
    Second week on the spin I've had a mini lie-in on Monday morning, second week on the spin I've paid the price for it.

To be fair, it's a lovely sunny day, not too cool, not too hot, you can hardly expect the trains to function properly in such treacherous conditions.

To make it worse, when a train finally arrived at St John's, and despite severe over crowding, people still refuse to move all the way down, as if the aisle towards the centre of the carriage is like some sort of poisonous swamp where people contract herpes through their feet, despite the fact that you're obviously surrounded by bacteria and germs everywhere on a South Eastern train, not just in the centre of the carriage.

Gave up and got the DLR. Arseholes.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Second week on the spin I've had a mini lie-in on Monday morning, second week on the spin I've paid the price for it.

To be fair, it's a lovely sunny day, not too cool, not too hot, you can hardly expect the trains to function properly in such treacherous conditions.

To make it worse, when a train finally arrived at St John's, and despite severe over crowding, people still refuse to move all the way down, as if the aisle towards the centre of the carriage is like some sort of poisonous swamp where people contract herpes through their feet, despite the fact that you're obviously surrounded by bacteria and germs everywhere on a South Eastern train, not just in the centre of the carriage.

Gave up and got the DLR. Arseholes.

To be fair, there's a good chance of it happening if you're on a Bexleyheath line train.
  • Options
    Closing St Johns would benefit far more people than use it. (I know it can't happen but.....)
  • Options
    Lost count of the times south-eastern trains have no working toilets. Not just short trips either - Dover, Maidstone, Ashford etc. Been on-going for months. No too clever for elderly passengers or families with young kids.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Last day doing the commute before I move to town (well nearer anyway). Southeastern sure had some shit stored up just for me today. Short formed train, no seats, squashed between some fat smelly woman and a glass wall. Running late but I guarantee they will get is there just before they are forced to give me £4.30 back in delay repay.

C**ts.
  • Options

Last day doing the commute before I move to town (well nearer anyway). Southeastern sure had some shit stored up just for me today. Short formed train, no seats, squashed between some fat smelly woman and a glass wall. Running late but I guarantee they will get is there just before they are forced to give me £4.30 back in delay repay.

C**ts.

You just wait for what they're gonna dish up for your homeward journey, that malodorous biffer is gonna seem like a highlight. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

C**ts.

Don't worry @cantersaddick, I live in a reasonably central location and I've had very few disrupted journeys over the years - certainly very rarely more than 2 in the same day. I'm sure you'll have no troubles at all commuting from your new home. Where exactly is that btw?
    I'm sure I'll still be able to moan.

Moving to Streatham - well Streatham Hill. The beauty of it is there is multiple options to get to work. Regular trains into Victoria from a couple of stations. Northern line from Balham within reasonable walking distance and a bus that goes basically door to door.

Fingers crossed they won't all be fucked on the same day.
  • Options
    I hate you both!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

C**ts.

Don't worry @cantersaddick, I live in a reasonably central location and I've had very few disrupted journeys over the years - certainly very rarely more than 2 in the same day. I'm sure you'll have no troubles at all commuting from your new home. Where exactly is that btw?

Moving to Streatham - well Streatham Hill. The beauty of it is there is multiple options to get to work. Regular trains into Victoria from a couple of stations. Northern line from Balham within reasonable walking distance and a bus that goes basically door to door.

I'm reasonably familiar with that area, as my last semi-normal girlfriend lived in Tooting. Streatham Hill is served by Southern and Streatham is served by Southern and Thameslink. The good news is that Southern have actually won some prizes for the service they provide, voted for by people who actually travel on their trains - in the most recent Which? Best and Worst UK Train Operators survey, they were awarded Worst UK Train Operator for Commuter Services AND Worst UK Train Operator for Leisure Services, beating their nearest challengers, Thameslink, by a full 10%. The subhuman scum at South Eastern somehow managed to finished 3rd from bottom and 4th from bottom respectively, despite imprisoning people on their trains without heating or working toilets for hours at a time.

Still, it's not all bad news - you've got multiple options, such as the Northern Line Underground from Balham. That's won some prizes as well:

Last - https://metro.co.uk/2013/11/13/northern-line-voted-least-favourite-london-underground-line-10-reasons-why-4185699/
    Second to last - https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/the-definitive-ranking-of-london-tube-lines?utm_term=.hsQGBwM3O#.sgooR7VGp

You know how it works Canters - you've basically got 2 options:

1. Put up with the commute, knowing that sooner or later you'll completely lose it and get arrested and sectioned for trying to fight a train whilst wearing ladies' underwear (been there, done that).

2. Move to some horrific rural place, possibly up North, and get a job that doesn't require commuting - milking cows, pottery making etc.

Good luck buddy. Only half a century to go and then you can sit down, put your feet up and probably kick the bucket before you've received your first pension payment.
    Canters could always just sleep at his desk and never leave the office as a third option

Save loads on bills as wont have a mortgage etc. to pay

Nor will he ever have to worry about being done for assault after someone in the office innocently asks: So how was your commute
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

C**ts.

I'm reasonably familiar with that area, as my last semi-normal girlfriend lived in Tooting. Streatham Hill is served by Southern and Streatham is served by Southern and Thameslink. The good news is that Southern have actually won some prizes for the service they provide, voted for by people who actually travel on their trains - in the most recent Which? Best and Worst UK Train Operators survey, they were awarded Worst UK Train Operator for Commuter Services AND Worst UK Train Operator for Leisure Services, beating their nearest challengers, Thameslink, by a full 10%. The subhuman scum at South Eastern somehow managed to finished 3rd from bottom and 4th from bottom respectively, despite imprisoning people on their trains without heating or working toilets for hours at a time.

Still, it's not all bad news - you've got multiple options, such as the Northern Line Underground from Balham. That's won some prizes as well:

Last - https://metro.co.uk/2013/11/13/northern-line-voted-least-favourite-london-underground-line-10-reasons-why-4185699/
    Second to last - https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/the-definitive-ranking-of-london-tube-lines?utm_term=.hsQGBwM3O#.sgooR7VGp

You know how it works Canters - you've basically got 2 options:

1. Put up with the commute, knowing that sooner or later you'll completely lose it and get arrested and sectioned for trying to fight a train whilst wearing ladies' underwear (been there, done that).

2. Move to some horrific rural place, possibly up North, and get a job that doesn't require commuting - milking cows, pottery making etc.

Good luck buddy. Only half a century to go and then you can sit down, put your feet up and probably kick the bucket before you've received your first pension payment.
    Well thanks a fucking bunch. Just paid 3.5 grand between 2 of us in estate agent fees (c**ts) deposit and advance rent. Now you're telling me it's not worth it. I'm just off to jump upfront of a Southeastern train if I can find one moving.

I'm still hopeful that each day at least one of my options will be up and running each day. And when it does work my commute will be about 55 mins shorter saving me 1 hr 50 in travel time a day.
  • Options
    It's just a covert government tactic to turn us against each other rather than focusing our hatred on the train companies and the government officials who sanction their shitness. Where's the article about "Most irritating Minister for Transport" or "Most dilapidated train on the UK rail network" or "Most pathetic excuse for your train being delayed, cancelled or hideously overcrowded".