Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• iaitch said:

Then they shouldn't sell them to idiots then.

But what if I'm thirsty?
  • They should blast people with a hosepipe.
  • iaitch said:

They should blast people with a hosepipe.

I think that's in the business plan for the new franchise.
  • Great Unwashed Railways Ltd
  • Baled early after this mornings experience. Charing Ceoss trains seemed to be back to some semblance of normality. Working from home tomorrow. Couldn’t face that two days in a row. Fortunate that I can. Good luck peeps
  • iaitch said:

They should blast people with a hosepipe.

I've done that.
    Great fun.
  • I'm on jury service in Borough. Getting in was fine - DLR and tube.
    Coming back to Greenwich on the train from London Bridge. It was on time. No complaints.
  • You haven't quite grasped how this thread works, have you?
    Saying things like "no complaints" will not win you many friends.

I know. :smiley:

Couldn't agree more.

@MrLargo / @cantersaddick have a word please.

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

Couldn't agree more.

Agree with this posts like that would (will) be given the death sentence if (when) I come to power.

@cobbles I'm after your job.
  • MrLargo said:

You haven't quite grasped how this thread works, have you?

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Addickted2TheReds

I had to issue Forever Addickted with a formal warning for a similar breach of protocol a few weeks ago. Regulars on this thread take a very dim view of people posting comments on here which imply that South Eastern Trains is anything other than a poisonous cocktail of incompetence and evil.

Using phrases like "no complaints" is extremely inflammatory at the best of times, but all the more so on a day when a significant proportion of the people on this message board have spent the best part of an hour sitting stationary next to Millwall's ground wandering why their septic tank hasn't moved for 20 minutes, only to eventually find out that a small plastic bottle was responsible for around 6 hours of disruption.

As the poster in question had such a wonderful time travelling on South Eastern this afternoon, I suggest that, rather than skiving off on the DLR like some sort of tourist, he might want to stroll down to his local station in the morning and travel in by train to tomorrow's jury service. I'm sure we'll all be fascinated to read his comments concerning being charged with Contempt of Court for turning up 5 and a half hours late, and I for one will be extremely interested to find out whether he still has "no complaints".
    I'd have to pay before 9.30 so that ain't happening.

Couldn't agree more.

Agree with this posts like that would (will) be given the death sentence if (when) I come to power.

I've forgotten what it's like to have to commute but I'm sure that it's not half as bad as some people make out on here..........................................
  • Thought I would check on today's service. Web site crashed.
    What a fucking joke
  • Thought I would check on today's service. Web site crashed.
    What a fucking joke

I probably should put this on the things that annoy you thread as it not exclusive to southeastern trains, but the whole check before you travel bit, when none of these feckers have a website robust enough to cope. So the whole check before you travel amounts to go down to the station, if a train comes along go to work, if not go home.
  • Hate to say it - I'm on the 7.20 dartford to CX via Bexleyheath - no problems thus far

If any fucker chucks a plastic bottle on the tracks by LB I'm going to be seriously pissed off

Couldn't agree more.

I've forgotten what it's like to have to commute but I'm sure that it's not half as bad as some people make out on here..........................................
    Thats fighting talk
  • Got train from ore at 6.30 ...just going through sevenoaks now train actually running on time ...less people people on board.....no complaints but I will have
  • Sponsored links:

• Train was actually on time this morning but, this being Southeastern, there's still something they manage to fuck up. You know the weather warnings that have been issued? And the information on the Southeastern website (before it crashed) about snow and ice and what not? Do you think now would be a good time to turn the heating off on your trains then? Southeastern apparently do!
  • Don’t get ahead of yourselves, congestion into London Bridge. At least the Sahara level heating is on
  • lolwray said:

Got train from ore at 6.30 ...just going through sevenoaks now train actually running on time ...less people people on board.....no complaints but I will have

didn't know you travelled in from Ore, on the Hastings line I assume? If so the 6.30 from Ore must be a Cannon Street train?
  • edited February 2018
    Sidcup line out of cannon st looks fucked already tonight. @AFKABartram !!!!
  • MrLargo said:

My train was also on time this morning. If it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't get a seat and it cost me an arm and a leg then I'd be saying "no complaints". However, it was a mildly uncomfortable journey which, putting aside the Congestion Charge, cost me more than it would have done to make the same trip by car.

When you go into McDonalds and order a Big Mac, and the guy behind the counter hands you a Big Mac in return for some money, you don't go out and tell all your friends what a brilliant experience you had in McDonalds. Let's not fall into the trap of congratulating a Train Operating Company for running some trains.

They're a total and utter disgrace, and for once managing to not cock everything up when it's a bit nippy outside is not a reason to start handing out the rosettes.

• TelMc32 said:

lolwray said:

Got train from ore at 6.30 ...just going through sevenoaks now train actually running on time ...less people people on board.....no complaints but I will have

didn't know you travelled in from Ore, on the Hastings line I assume? If so the 6.30 from Ore must be a Cannon Street train?
    @LargeAddick showing his true Charlton credentials there!! :wink:
    not long moved down there ...other half lives in hastings ...soon to be moving to battle ..yes its a bloomin long haul though ...you must be 7.00am to battle (true credentials etc)
  • Rizzo said:

Train was actually on time this morning but, this being Southeastern, there's still something they manage to fuck up. You know the weather warnings that have been issued? And the information on the Southeastern website (before it crashed) about snow and ice and what not? Do you think now would be a good time to turn the heating off on your trains then? Southeastern apparently do!

I'm not surprised more people haven't fallen ill from wearing 3 layers of clothing and the heaters being on full blast. I've been standing on a packed train by a heater twice this week and gone very light headed. no room to take coat/scarf/hat off as rammed in like sardines, the seaters dont want the windows open but the heating on full blast into peoples legs. it's awful.