Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Train driver accidentally pressed the wrong button so we sat at Hither Green for 15 mins just now. Yaaaaaay.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Train driver accidentally pressed the wrong button so we sat at Hither Green for 15 mins just now. Yaaaaaay.

The wrong fucking button? They aren't bloody pilots, how many buttons do they bloody well have?
  • Options

Rizzo said:

sam3110 said:

PaddyP17 said:

The wrong fucking button? They aren't bloody pilots, how many buttons do they bloody well have?
    That's very unfair mate, it's a lot more complicated than that.

They also have the ones to open and close the doors and also the one that turns the heating on all summer.
    But the driver might be colour blind AND dyslexic .....
  • Options
    I'm wondering, will many of you that commute from Bexley, Welling etc intend to get on a bus to Abbey Wood or Woolwich to get the Crossrail come December?

Specially for example, Liverpool Street workers?

What will parking be like at Abbey Wood, will it be worth driving there?

14 mins from Woolwich to Liv Street, got to be tempting? As a warning, getting on a bus outside Woolwich Arsenal is quite aggravating so it might still be worth sticking with South Eastern.
  • Options

The bastards have stopped taking payments by Visa Electron now? Why?

Visa Electron? What decade are you living in m_a_m?

This one mate. Why?
    Visa Electron is sooooo 1990s!
    He’ll be writing a cheque out next.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'm wondering, will many of you that commute from Bexley, Welling etc intend to get on a bus to Abbey Wood or Woolwich to get the Crossrail come December?

14 mins from Woolwich to Liv Street, got to be tempting? As a warning, getting on a bus outside Woolwich Arsenal is quite aggravating so it might still be worth sticking with South Eastern.

Surely the time the bus takes (in normal traffic, let alone terrible traffic) will negate the time saving ?
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Surely the time the bus takes (in normal traffic, let alone terrible traffic) will negate the time saving ?
    But if work at Canary Wharf, Liverpool Street or even Farringdon you will be delivered straight there and on time without having to make your way from London Bridge/ Cannon st.
  • Options
    A few problems with the trains yesterday on the way to the match, but amusing as the announcer at London Bridge announcing the station stops went...

...Maze Hill, Westcombe Park, CHAAARLLLLTTTOOON, Woolwich Dockyard... :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Credit where credit is (sort of) due my train is only 5 mins more delayed than usual (so far), which given we've had more than 3cm of snow is impressive. Kind of.
  • Options

In other news creepy Mr Murder is back. Although he is sitting further away from me and is staring at someone else so I think he has chosen a different victim this morning.

It's a trick to catch you off guard.
    Be afraid be very afraid.
  • Options

In other news creepy Mr Murder is back. Although he is sitting further away from me and is staring at someone else so I think he has chosen a different victim this morning.

Are you Mr Murder?
  • Options

Are you Mr Murder?
    :smile:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Trains cancelled into London this morning from Orpington. So far this week not one journey has been on time. And on the radio they are talking about the amount of hours lost in traffic jams in this country well they should take a look at the average hours lost on the poxy trains.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Trains cancelled into London this morning from Orpington. So far this week not one journey has been on time. And on the radio they are talking about the amount of hours lost in traffic jams in this country well they should take a look at the average hours lost on the poxy trains.

Erm, I got the 07:35 Cannon Street from Petts Wood without an issue. Got to New Cross about 2 mins later than scheduled but thats pretty good compared to usual.

Sorry, I'll wash my mouth out with soap and water as that sounds like I'm praising them!
    South Eastern are still utter bastards. Thats better.
  • Options
    Sat outside London Bridge for 10 minutes this morning for no apparent reason.
  • Options

One time desperate for them to be late and of course it ran early/On time....

Short train so running desperately at Greenwich platform....next one cancelled so would.be 20 0dd minute wait.......doors shut with several.of us still halfway down platform running.

Driver must have seen us and rather than setting off released the doors so all of us could get on....

Not often give.em credit but.nice one driver...
    That really was.helpful.....

Be careful not to identify which service that was or the rmt bully boys will make the bloke’s life a misery. Serving customers is specifically against the rmt constitution and drivers flagrantly risking passengers lives by operating doors is punishable by a lifetime of threats and harassment. Chances are driver was waiting for the lights to change but he’s really gotta take care with all that safety critical multi tasking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

By 9.30am I’d already covered the full spectrum of emotions since leaving the house this morning.

First of all, the usual combination of rage, disgust and loathing as I wedged myself onto the late-running 8.30 service from St Johns to Cannon Street. I don’t usually get this one, and was surprised to find that the stupid c*%ts at South Eastern would run an 8 carriage train at the height of the rush hour. It was dangerously overcrowded and, as we enjoyed the view of Millwall’s ground from our stationary train, I also got to witness one bloke trying to help his missus not faint while other passengers tried to comfort a woman who seemed to be on the verge of having a panic attack. Obviously it goes without saying that we received no apology or explanation for the delay or the overcrowding. By the time we made it to Cannon Street I was seething with fury. One of the South Eastern gimps was letting people through a gate next to the barriers, but checking tickets as they went through. So I walked through and made a point of not showing my ticket, and he shouted something at me as I disappeared into the distance. That is what I’m reduced to these days, token minor acts of defiance.

Anyway, from anger to ecstasy when I got to work. For the 12 years I’ve been with my current employer, there has been constant speculation regarding the fact that the lease on our Kingsway office is up in 2019, and we’re obliged to find new premises. Today we found out where our new home will be from Summer 2019 – Canary Wharf.

I have a number of options to cover the 3.6 mile journey from St Johns to CW.

1. I can stroll down to Deptford Bridge or Elverson Road, 12-14 minutes on the DLR.
    2. I could cycle down to Greenwich and through the foot tunnel.
    3. I could wander down to the river and jump on the Thames Clipper
    4. If it’s a really nice day, I could just walk it in about 45 minutes.

I’m not sure which option I’ll go for, but what I won’t be doing is mortgaging my internal organs to pay for an extortionate season ticket on C%*tEastern Trains just for the right to use their shitehouse semi-mobile misery cages anymore.

Today is a day for triumph, a day for kissing and hugging people that you wouldn’t normally kiss and hug. Well that’s what I thought, but apparently that can actually be construed as indecent assault and under no circumstances am allowed to make physical contact with the attractive Lithuanian receptionist, no matter how “celebratory” I’m feeling.

All I'll say is this... BRACE YOURSELF

I don't know how they'll do it but SouthEastern will know when your last week is, and they'll make it hell

Three years ago when I previously stopped using them, my last week was absolute hell, three of my trains home that week didnt get me through my front door till gone 9pm (I was supposed to get home by 7pm)
  • Options
    trains up from Hastings this morning were delayed for about twenty minutes after passenger disruption at St Leonards Warrior Square earlier.
  • Options

trains up from Hastings this morning were delayed for about twenty minutes after passenger disruption at St Leonards Warrior Square earlier.

They later rewrote history and competely omitted that version putting it down to the fact the driver's door wouldn't close.

Morons.
  • Options

Was there a battle nearby?
    Very rye :-)
    Ore maybe not

• Options
    Does anyone commute using the high speed into St Pancras? I currently work 15 minute drive from home but have been offered a new job working in London. I haven't commuted now for 7 years but the salary increase on the new job is well worth the commute. I would be travelling from Strood, and when I have got the high speed for meetings in the past it always seems to run ok and mostly on time!

Do people think the high speed is worth the extra money per year?

Cheers