Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• cafckev said:

Macronate said:

Was also common to find a grot mag under the seats in one of those carriages.

Much happier times.

Used to really enjoy cleaning those coaches out each evening....yuck

There was the famous (true) story of the headless body in one of those single "doggy kennel" compartments, in the early 80's
    A chap gets on the train, and during the journey decided to look out of the window. He stayed there, looking out until the train arrived. He was looking out the opposite side to the platforms, so no one was concerned.
    When the train arrived in London, the station staff were walking along, closing open doors etc and saw him still standing there. They called him, but he didn't respond, so went into the coach and shook him, at which point his headless body fell back into the coach. Needless to say, the poor old platform man was rather shaken up. They did find his head, I believe it was a considerable way back, somewhere around the dartford area.
    Imagine if MrLargo was commuting in the 80's. Closing the line to look for a missing head would not have been on his list of acceptable reasons to cancel or delay trains.
    And nor should it be, the stupid chump is dead, no amount of delayed trains is gonna change that.
    Same with 'one under' on main line services. Bunging up hundreds of miles of railway and norsing up thousands of people's lives cos one individual is no more is entirely without justification. The corpse will be just as dead at 2a.m. when there's no trains and no people to disrupt.
  • edited January 2018
    HarryLime said:

I've just got this from them this afternoon:

"Hello Harry,

As a valued Southeastern passenger, we want to share what monthly rewards and value offers are available to you.

Planning a holiday for the new year? Book a Novasol holiday home and receive a free Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet, perfect for your commute. Pick from over 44,000 self-catering holiday homes across 27 countries throughout Europe.

Don't forget, we have great savings on theatre tickets this month which get you brilliant savings off box office prices. If you're heading to London make sure not to miss out on our offers."

JUST CONCENTRATE ON TRYING TO RUN A RAIL SERVICE YOU MORONS, IF I WANT A KINDLE OR TICKETS FOR MAMMA MIA I KNOW WHERE TO GO

They are sneakily taking the piss out of you directly with this comment because they know full well that if you're going by train, you'll arrive at the theatre just as Billy Elliot is pirouetting his way off the stage.

• edited January 2018
    HarryLime said:

I've just got this from them this afternoon:

"Hello Harry,

As a valued Southeastern passenger, we want to share what monthly rewards and value offers are available to you.

Planning a holiday for the new year? Book a Novasol holiday home and receive a free Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet, perfect for your commute. Pick from over 44,000 self-catering holiday homes across 27 countries throughout Europe.

Don't forget, we have great savings on theatre tickets this month which get you brilliant savings off box office prices. If you're heading to London make sure not to miss out on our offers."

JUST CONCENTRATE ON TRYING TO RUN A RAIL SERVICE YOU MORONS, IF I WANT A KINDLE OR TICKETS FOR MAMMA MIA I KNOW WHERE TO GO

They are sneakily taking the piss out of you directly with this comment because they know full well that if you're going by train, you'll arrive at the theatre just as Billy Elliot is pirouetting his way off the stage.
  • ashley said:

ashley said:

Train from Cannon st to Orpington at 7 20 cancelled last night and broken down train at New cross this morning caused significant delay .That's Monday and Tuesday taken care of .Just got Wednesday , Thursday and Friday's chaos to look forward to .

Train from Cannon Street to Orpington at 7 20 tonight again cancelled apparently due to the length of time that it had taken for the service to get as far as London Bridge on its inward journey before the driver simply gave up going any further .

I am holding the makings of a " full house " for the week of Jokers and (er) Jokers .Only Thursday and Friday left to add to this nonsense . I am hoping for the "Two of Knobs " tomorrow and the "Three of Twats " on Friday with Network South East dealing from the bottom of the pack to complete the set.
    Got dealt the "Four of Farts " on Thursday evening as train on time but only available spare seat had been ripped up and the cushions thrown on floor . Nice ! Had to stand all the way home as I didn't fancy spoiling my Ernegaldo Zegna suit on the cheap plastic .On Friday morning had to take the car to the garage so no idea how crap things were then but noticed the " Five of Lies " on another table as all trains to Sevenoaks were cancelled due to something on the track following high winds .But they were two days prior!
  • No postings for two days now. Does this mean the trains are running well?

There was no paper in the lavvy on the 12.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory.

Well, there isn't now.
  • I am on the 09.21 from Borough Green to Victoria in the morning so I will report in tomorrow afternoon.

There was no paper in the lavvy on the 12.26 Shepherds Well to Dover Priory.

Well, there isn't now.

My train was so early this morning it had time to sit @ London Bridge for an absolute age and still reach Cannon Street 2mins early!!...

Only downside was the bloke in front of me, who may as well have not bothered with his earphones - Could clearly hear everything that was playing, felt like I was in my car with the radio playing!!

I think it's more likely because there were no trains in or out of London at the weekend.

• Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

Got a bit concerned that the train had been hijacked or was being driven by a nutter.
  • Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

Got a bit concerned that the train had been hijacked or was being driven by a nutter.

Sounds like MrLargo was up front behind the dead mans handle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have just discovered South Eastern have pulled the 16:40 Tunbridge Wells train from Nee Cross from their timetable, which I used to get to Orpington.

No choice but to change at Lewisham and wait for a slow train and now adds 30 mins on to my door to door commute.

Fcuked off don’t come close right now!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Have just discovered South Eastern have pulled the 16:40 Tunbridge Wells train from Nee Cross from their timetable, which I used to get to Orpington.

No choice but to change at Lewisham and wait for a slow train and now adds 30 mins on to my door to door commute.

Fcuked off don’t come close right now!

There's also a missing Cannon Street via Greenwich train in the evenings that I've noticed since Christmas. Seems like they've snuck a few away.
  • MrLargo said:

Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

I'm up north for work until Thursday. The weather's shit, the people can't talk properly, there's nothing to eat except pies (or chips if you fancy a salad) and it generally feels like 1982. However, a price worth paying for a few days away from those incompetent, thieving charlatans.

Just paid £3 for a pint of Guinness. In case you're interested, that's £1.30 less than South Eastern charge for a return from St Johns to Lewisham, a journey of around 0.6 miles each way.

It's supposed to take 3 minutes each way, although South Eastern usually have a special offer on - buy 3 minutes on one of our trains, get 10 minutes free.
    Excellent!
  • MrLargo said:

Train turned up 5 mins late... got in early! Was astonished, absolutely whizzed from Deptford to London Bridge.

I'm up north for work until Thursday. The weather's shit, the people can't talk properly, there's nothing to eat except pies (or chips if you fancy a salad) and it generally feels like 1982. However, a price worth paying for a few days away from those incompetent, thieving charlatans.

Just paid £3 for a pint of Guinness. In case you're interested, that's £1.30 less than South Eastern charge for a return from St Johns to Lewisham, a journey of around 0.6 miles each way.

It's supposed to take 3 minutes each way, although South Eastern usually have a special offer on - buy 3 minutes on one of our trains, get 10 minutes free.
    Excellent!
    If I had lots of money and nothing to do with it (besides buy Charlton) I would self fund an advertising campaign slating south eastern trains. This would be the strapline.

Other ideas:

And now for the weather here on the South East news sponsored by Southeastern train delays, an excuse for us to make our service even worse and not be held responsible.
  • MrLargo said:

Welcome to The North. Don't forget to set your watch back 30 years.
  • I have never known the trains to be so bad as they have been since xmas. Late every day last week often because Sidcup line trains seem to be held outside Hither Green and London Bridge every day because of congestion. Does the London Bridge upgrade with more Thames Link trains mean we have been sacrificed to add this service? As far using the train to get to the Valley I gave up this season because the Sidcup loop service never seemed to run at weekends anymore. However on Saturday I didn’t have the car so had to get train from Slade Green to get to game. Had to walk there so pissed off with Soth Eastern anyway.

Got to Charlton and put a pound in the dispenser for a Kit Kat but it didn’t work. Asked ticket hall staff for refund told to ring number on machine as it had nothing to do with them. Returned to machine but no number visible so asked staff if they could give me the number to ring and was blanked again. This was the third time in the past year that I have asked for help from Station staff and met a complete brick wall..computer says no type reaction.
  • was it a finger or chunky kit Kat?
  • You can get four 4 finger kit Kats in the Sainsbury's opposite the station for £1.50 and the chunky for 65p.
  • Gas leak has shut Charring Cross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep Charing X shut...let the chaos begin.
  • Thankfully I found out about Charing Cross from the radio just before I was due to leave the house. Going nowhere until it’s sorted. Even if the trains are running under diversion it will be utter chaos. Good luck to this unable to do as I have.
  • Just got into London Bridge two mins late... Im heading into Cannon Street though so hopefully those trains wont be too bad for a little while
  • Well, instead of changing at Waterloo East, I changed at London Bridge, a full 3 minutes later than usual and got to my desk at 7.38 - 4 minutes later than normal due to only 3 barriers being open at LB underground. I'm sure there will be carnage by now as it has started raining, but credit where it's due, they seemed to have done ok for me this am.
  • I was meant to get the train today but after reading about Charring Cross am going to cycle again. Sounds like a bad decision as the trains seem okay and the weather is shit.
  • I have never known the trains to be so bad as they have been since xmas. Late every day last week often because Sidcup line trains seem to be held outside Hither Green and London Bridge every day because of congestion. Does the London Bridge upgrade with more Thames Link trains mean we have been sacrificed to add this service? As far using the train to get to the Valley I gave up this season because the Sidcup loop service never seemed to run at weekends anymore. However on Saturday I didn’t have the car so had to get train from Slade Green to get to game. Had to walk there so pissed off with Soth Eastern anyway.

Got to Charlton and put a pound in the dispenser for a Kit Kat but it didn’t work. Asked ticket hall staff for refund told to ring number on machine as it had nothing to do with them. Returned to machine but no number visible so asked staff if they could give me the number to ring and was blanked again. This was the third time in the past year that I have asked for help from Station staff and met a complete brick wall..computer says no type reaction.

Basically, yes. The main thrust of this upgrade was always about Thameslink and creating a smoother passage for them through London Bridge.
  • something like a gas leak they cant be held liable for the way they behave in these situations can.

last night 5.31pm from victoria 3 carriages locked out of use so was sardines in the carriage and them some divvy bird talking the whole 50 minute journey about how shit her uni was and she should bunk off.
  • something like a gas leak they cant be held liable for the way they behave in these situations can.

last night 5.31pm from victoria 3 carriages locked out of use so was sardines in the carriage and them some divvy bird talking the whole 50 minute journey about how shit her uni was and she should bunk off.

I got there and saw that so went to the pub and got the 5:56. it has kind of set the tone for the week so I imagine I will walk straight to the pub and get the 5:56 for the rest of the week.

You bastards southeastern!!!