Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand National - Likely Lads

I prepare to be called a part time fan or plastic, but does anyone else have issues when we're at home on GN day? I want to be at the Valley but it's impossible to avoid the result, and for me it's one of THE sporting day's of the year and I love watching it. Any chance you can all promise to turn your phones off and wait till you get home? Or I could try ear plugs!

Comments

• Same boat as you mate. We are always at bloody home for GN. tried last year to avoid the result even told people around me not to tell me the result but of course someone still shouts it out to try and be funny. Will try again to avoid hearing the result again this year but doubt I will have much luck.
  • Yeah, thought I'd done it two years ago I think and found out on the way back to the car from two coppers shouting it to eachother ffs!
  • We have been away just as much as home in recent times on GN day I think
  • When we've all filled our boots thanks to Peanuts Malloy, the terraces will be singing out his name.
    When we've all emptied our boots thanks to Peanuts Malloy, the terraces will be singing out his name.
    Blame Peanuts.
  • One of the great occasions in world sport; should all be early kick-offs on National day.
  • I'm sure it used to be raced 3.45 or 3.50, so could watch it on tv at half time.