Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-April 9th Season Ticket Prices **EARLY BIRD PRICES FROZEN UNTIL END OF SEASON**

WSSWSS
edited April 2014 in General Charlton
These haven't been announced yet have they, or have I missed it?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140414-early-bird-prices-1488719.aspx

Comments

• Options
    No, I think the point is that if we stay up - then there will be a slight increase.
    If we go down -no change.

Yeovil match in on 8th April - you do the math (as the yanks say)

:)
  • Options
    Still waiting?

They must have decided what they will cost on April 10th.
  • Options
    They may not sell you a ticket on April 10th though....they may wait to sell ST's between 10/4 and end of season (or when future division is known) as they have done previosuly....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pedro45 said:

They may not sell you a ticket on April 10th though....they may wait to sell ST's between 10/4 and end of season (or when future division is known) as they have done previosuly....

Good answer, what's the issue here anyway? There's offers on the table and it's not likely to get any cheaper is it or is this G21 related ?
  • Options
    Maybe it's individual circumstances.

I've paid out a fortune on my house in March/April so would rather not spend another £300 now. I'd be willing to pay £325 though if I can wait until May but not £400 etc.

Figures just plucked out of thin air of course, but the fact they have not been published shows that they've not been decided.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ok fair do's. I've no idea whether this is permissible or cost effective but what about getting a cheapy now and upgrading later? Difficult I suppose if there are a group of you altogether and renewing the same seats. Maybe PM Airman for his take on it.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2014
    It's not an affordability issue to be honest. I'll be renewing regardless - it would just be nice to make an informed choice of when to pay with all of the options available.

I'll probably end up paying before the 9th but if new figures are announced on the 10th and are £325 I'll be a little disappointed because that £300 would've been handy to have in April! Like I say, just personal circumstances.
  • Options
    Roland will have the cheek of the devil if the increase is 10% just for staying in the same division after watching a dire season.

We will have no idea of new players or contract renewals in April/May so to ask us to pay 10% extra to watch more of the same tosh as this season would leave me incredulous.

If it goes up at all, then £300 to £310 MAX would be my guess.
  • Options
    I imagine the bargain cheapo tickets will go up, but I can't imagine the rest of the ground increasing after the deadline
  • Options
    Defo the hedge bet is £150 season ticket secured now and move it in August when the prices and availability of better seats becomes clear. There's no risk everywhere else will sell out and leave you in a poor seat or that the club will turn down the chance to accept more money from you next term to 'upgrade'.
    Sure as sure can be that S/T and overall attendance numbers will be well down next season compared to this even if we've stayed up. Fall back position is the impossibility of preventing us moving around the east stand as we see fit when the games start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, and there will be many who just pick the best 10 home games at £30 a time and don't need a ST at all.

Managing the core support is much more delicate than it may seem for a club of our size.

Take the Nigels for example - put their ST's on sale in Jan to try and stop the drain of ST's after relegation, now that have a realistic chance of staying up.

Contrast that with the Spanners - doesn't matter what initiatives/ offers they run, there are still many that won't take their 10 year old daughter to a game for fear of what they might see or hear.

From a CAFC point of view, I think we just want to be well informed, and managers getting sacked by text and goalkeepers not getting on buses type stuff, will surely have some effect.
  • Options
    Renewed already, but I respect those that have not, for what ever reason.
    I can see little, if any increase happening after 9th April, except perhaps the removal of the cheap ticket offer.
  • Options
    Reckon they will go up by £50.
  • Options
    I will be renewing in August (assuming price rise is reasonable) when I know that we haven't been striped of all our talent during the summer and it's not going to be as depressing as the first 6 months of this season.
    Had my st since 1998 btw.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RedChaser said:

Ok fair do's. I've no idea whether this is permissible or cost effective but what about getting a cheapy now and upgrading later? Difficult I suppose if there are a group of you altogether and renewing the same seats. Maybe PM Airman for his take on it.

I shouldn't think there will be much benefit in that - upgrades are likely to be to the post April 9th price, in which case you won't save anything.

There isn't really a lot of sense in big post-deadline increases, since all you do is deter some people who didn't buy pre-deadline. The difference in income is not substantial*, it's really about encouraging people to buy early and creating the impression they are getting a good deal. £50 increases would be a good bet in the Championship, assuming the £150 block sells out. Maybe a token amount if we go down, but hopefully we won't have to worry about that.

*i.e each £50 is worth £41.66 net of VAT and only half of season tickets are sold to adults anyway. So say 1,500 adults pay after the deadline (which is a lot), that's £62,490 more revenue than if they'd bought before the deadline. If the bump is instead £100, the revenue is potentially £83.32 per adult - but in the real world more people will decide not to bother at an extra £100. You'd only need to lose about 250 out of 1,500 to wipe out the benefit of the extra £50 on the increase. So you wouldn't do it in the first place, IMO.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

RedChaser said:

I shouldn't think there will be much benefit in that - upgrades are likely to be to the post April 9th price, in which case you won't save anything.

There isn't really a lot of sense in big post-deadline increases, since all you do is deter some people who didn't buy pre-deadline. The difference in income is not substantial, it's really about encouraging people to buy early and creating the impression they are getting a good deal. £50 increases would be a good bet in the Championship, assuming the £150 block sells out. Maybe a token amount if we go down, but hopefully we won't have to worry about that.
    Thanks @AirmanBrown , in @WSS case it turns out that affordability is not the issue anyway. Just out of interest what about if you upgraded game by game from a £150 season ticket to a £300 season ticket seat (inconvenient I know) presumably it would still offer no savings although would spread the cost and would eliminate finance company charges, whilst still guaranteeing you a seat in the cheaper area.
  • Options
    Is it my imagination or are these deadlines pretty much always extended.
  • Options

Is it my imagination or are these deadlines pretty much always extended.

Not really. Usually if you turn up on the following day the club will accept your application, but don't rely on it.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

There isn't really a lot of sense in big post-deadline increases, since all you do is deter some people who didn't buy pre-deadline. The difference in income is not substantial, it's really about encouraging people to buy early and creating the impression they are getting a good deal. £50 increases would be a good bet in the Championship, assuming the £150 block sells out. Maybe a token amount if we go down, but hopefully we won't have to worry about that.
    Thanks @AirmanBrown , in @WSS case it turns out that affordability is not the issue anyway. Just out of interest what about if you upgraded game by game from a £150 season ticket to a £300 season ticket seat (inconvenient I know) presumably it would still offer no savings although would spread the cost and would eliminate finance company charges, whilst still guaranteeing you a seat in the cheaper area.
    Nobody knows how they will manage matchday upgrades within this price structure - possibly including the club itself!
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: SEASON TICKETS: Early-bird prices to remain frozen until end of the season --> http://t.co/emvIFC7FsI #cafc http://t.co/mUlUTeidhI
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2014
    Glad I waited and well done to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why's it bollocks? . Think it's fair enough seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Why's it bollox . Think it's fair enough seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season.

probably due to his own circumstances mate and the effect of the unknown after the deadline forcing him to make a decision, dont just assume people are slagging off the club all the time
  • Options
    Interesting, the main reason I haven't renewed is that I fear what sort of squad we will have next year as much as anything else.

So now they have "nailed their colours to the mast" I am happy to wait until the start of next season and pay £25 more, if we have a decent squad & are in the championship. If we are relegated & have a decent squad I'll happily pay the original cost.

So for me it's a much better position.
  • Options

Yann897 said:

Why's it bollox . Think it's fair enough seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season.

probably due to his own circumstances mate and the effect of the unknown after the deadline forcing him to make a decision, dont just assume people are slagging off the club all the time
    Did I say that though ? I'm just saying I think it's a good thing !
  • Options
    Have no problems with what they have done. Goes without saying that sales have probably been disappointing. We stay up and watch the sales go through the roof.
  • Options
    i hear they have been very good
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Why's it bollocks? . Think it's fair enough seeing as we don't know what division were gonna be in next season.

It’s Bollocks/Bollox because people may feel they have been duped into paying early (some perhaps when they couldn’t really afford it) – even though “we don't know what division were gonna be in next season”…..